Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 4, 2022, 7:54pm
Hereford v Portsmouth on BBC 2

Wonder if Cowley will want revenge for that memorable day at Braintree in May 2016 when Josh got us the penalty that turned the game round and helped us to win promotion

I know which side I’ll be wanting to win tonight 🦾
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 4, 2022, 8:25pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Hereford v Portsmouth on BBC 2

Wonder if Cowley will want revenge for that memorable day at Braintree in May 2016 when Josh got us the penalty that turned the game round and helped us to win promotion

I know which side I’ll be wanting to win tonight 🦾

He didn't really get us that penalty, the male private head of a defender dragged him to the ground right in front of the referee.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 4, 2022, 8:45pm; Reply: 2
That bell is doing my head in . How do pompey fans put up with it?!
Posted by: nightrider, November 4, 2022, 10:12pm; Reply: 3
I felt Hereford would have done better with a decent keeper. I'm no Mervyn Day but he did little right all game
Or maybe I've been spoilt the last few weeks watching Super Max
Miles Storey looked handy

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 4, 2022, 10:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from nightrider
I felt Hereford would have done better with a decent keeper. I'm no Mervyn Day but he did little right all game
Or maybe I've been spoilt the last few weeks watching Super Max
Miles Storey looked handy

I think Portsmouth’s fitness levels played more of a part in the outcome the longer the game went on but Hereford weren’t disgraced.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 5, 2022, 8:14am; Reply: 5
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
That bell is doing my head in . How do pompey fans put up with it?!

He’s ‘iconic’ apparently. One of those ‘top supporter’ types that never misses a game. Nice fella away from football but a few Pompey lads I know from going at watching Verona flipping hate him.

Said he was that drunk he nearly missed their cup final and then when they went to Milan or whoever he nearly got a load of them filled in by just being a male private.

Didn’t he change his name to Mr Pompey?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 5, 2022, 10:56am; Reply: 6
Last I heard gowling  was offered the Clee town job he obviously didn’t fancy it then
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 5, 2022, 11:10am; Reply: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Last I heard gowling  was offered the Clee town job he obviously didn’t fancy it then

Why would he step down 2 divisions when Hereford are 3 points off the NLN play offs with a game in hand on a few teams?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 5, 2022, 11:18am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Why would he step down 2 divisions when Hereford are 3 points off the NLN play offs with a game in hand on a few teams?

His weekly commute his horrendous
Posted by: coddy60, November 5, 2022, 12:11pm; Reply: 9

He wasn't offered it 🤦
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 5, 2022, 12:18pm; Reply: 10

His weekly commute his horrendous

Training is in Birmingham so he only goes to Hereford once a fortnight.

Given how Gowling works and relies on data, I think his next move will either be a forward thinking professional club or one in a uni town that he can tap into on the data side of things.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:50pm