Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 1, 2022, 2:27pm
Scores twice in a behind closed doors friendly for Luton development squad this morning
Posted by: MarinerDevil, November 1, 2022, 2:29pm; Reply: 1
Excellent. He can't be too far away from returning to training then? 2/3 weeks maybe? Would fit with the mooted December return.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 1, 2022, 2:29pm; Reply: 2
https://twitter.com/lutontown/status/1587438678233993218?s=46&t=f5RCZBSov8Lw8geHssJGGw
Posted by: ginnywings, November 1, 2022, 2:30pm; Reply: 3
Brilliant.

Shouldn't be long now.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 1, 2022, 2:30pm; Reply: 4
John BackAtee.
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 1, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 5
Wouldn't surprise me to see him on the bench on Saturday...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 1, 2022, 2:32pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Excellent. He can't be too far away from returning to training then? 2/3 weeks maybe? Would fit with the mooted December return.

If he’s played a game, he’s been in training a while.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, November 1, 2022, 2:35pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If he’s played a game, he’s been in training a while.

I meant full training with us. Hurst said last week that he was doing "non-contact training". Was he having us on?
Posted by: out of town, November 1, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 8
The pessimist in me fears Luton will recall him at some point.

Hope we have him for the rest of the season and he’s back for the Doncaster game, will be a massive boost for the team, can’t wait to see him back in a town shirt
Posted by: ginnywings, November 1, 2022, 2:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from out of town
The pessimist in me fears Luton will recall him at some point.

Hope we have him for the rest of the season and he’s back for the Doncaster game, will be a massive boost for the team, can’t wait to see him back in a town shirt

Not sure if they can recall him?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 1, 2022, 2:51pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from diehardmariner
Wouldn't surprise me to see him on the bench on Saturday...

I wonder, 20 minute cameo at the end of we need to chase the game, which is likely. 20 minute runout if we're well behind just to get him back used to the pace perhaps, or 20 minutes leisurely stroll if we're 4 - 0 up, well maybe not the last one to be honest.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 1, 2022, 2:54pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

Not sure if they can recall him?

Yeah I don't think they can, given what JS said about the importance of the loan back in doing the deal.
Posted by: Poojah, November 1, 2022, 3:21pm; Reply: 12
Great news. I had assumed late November, but on that basis you would assume he would at least be available for selection in time for our next league game against Donny, which is the best part of 2 weeks away.
Posted by: LH, November 1, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 13
If he’s back it changes my optimism levels for the coming weeks considerably.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 1, 2022, 3:23pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Poojah
Great news. I had assumed late November, but on that basis you would assume he would at least be available for selection in time for our next league game against Donny, which is the best part of 2 weeks ago.

If that's the case, can you tell me the score so that I can have a bit of a flutter?  ;)

Posted by: Poojah, November 1, 2022, 3:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin

If that's the case, can you tell me the score so that I can have a bit of a flutter?  ;)

*Realises mistake*

*Quickly edits it*

*Sheepishly scrolls down in the hope that no one noticed*

Ah, fúck…
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 1, 2022, 3:36pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Poojah

*Realises mistake*

*Quickly edits it*

*Sheepishly scrolls down in the hope that no one noticed*

Ah, fúck…

;D ;D
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 1, 2022, 4:04pm; Reply: 17
Sounds 100% match fit to me get him in the starting 11
Posted by: aldi_01, November 1, 2022, 4:32pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah
Great news. I had assumed late November, but on that basis you would assume he would at least be available for selection in time for our next league game against Donny, which is the best part of 2 weeks away.

I guess it’s technically our nearest rival geographically in the league so decent crowd and good opportunity for us to get back to winning ways in the league…sounds like a Mcatee type of game to me…
Posted by: MarinerDevil, November 3, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 19
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1588189669056970752?s=20&t=VAm23CbaUluW6RU-7DJurA
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 3, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Classic Hurst response. He'll be starting against Plymouth, bet your mortgages/rent for the month on it everyone.
Posted by: LH, November 3, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 21
Of course, Paul Hurst prematch press conferences are always full of accurate injury news and he’s never said one thing and done another on the Saturday.
Posted by: Poojah, November 3, 2022, 3:41pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from LH
Of course, Paul Hurst prematch press conferences are always full of accurate injury news and he’s never said one thing and done another on the Saturday.

I suspect there may be some truth in this one. Luton will no doubt have the final say on when he is ready, and from their perspective there is literally no value whatsoever in rushing him back.
Posted by: denni266, November 3, 2022, 3:50pm; Reply: 23
I would expect a couple more weeks yet before he returns.  And only then if there is no problems poping up with it. .He will also have to start training here to get used  to and the other way round to the way the team plays now with it being made up of a good number of new players since he last played
Posted by: lukeo, November 3, 2022, 5:37pm; Reply: 24
I think he will stay down south with Luton until he's played more games in the development and maybe even reserves.. Only then, when they feel like he's ready, will he come back and train/play for us
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 3, 2022, 6:52pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from lukeo
I think he will stay down south with Luton until he's played more games in the development and maybe even reserves.. Only then, when they feel like he's ready, will he come back and train/play for us

Didn't Hurst say he was already doing non-contact training with us? Or was that down at Luton? He's obviously up and down a lot as he's at all the home matches.
Posted by: lukeo, November 4, 2022, 7:47am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Son of Cod

Didn't Hurst say he was already doing non-contact training with us? Or was that down at Luton? He's obviously up and down a lot as he's at all the home matches.

Probably with them I'd guess. If you was Luton wouldn't you have it that way?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 4, 2022, 9:05am; Reply: 27
It's good that he's doing his recovery with Luton as it's one less thing for us to do and you'd imagine that even though we've put investment into the on the field stuff they potentially are a bit more advanced than we are for the time being. So all being well it might get him back to us quicker.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, November 5, 2022, 6:55am; Reply: 28
I imagine we will see him a couple of times before Xmas as a good will gesture then he will be recalled in January, we will always have the memories from last season but it’s time to move on and look for his replacement ( if that is possible)
Posted by: Hagrid, November 5, 2022, 7:26am; Reply: 29
I imagine we will see him a couple of times before Xmas as a good will gesture then he will be recalled in January, we will always have the memories from last season but it’s time to move on and look for his replacement ( if that is possible)

He cant be recalled
Posted by: It Bites, November 5, 2022, 9:58am; Reply: 30
I was listening to a conversation at a football match a month ago where 2 blokes were talking about mcatee . They both agreed he won't play for town again . I tend to agree with them
Posted by: Davec, November 5, 2022, 10:05am; Reply: 31
Quoted from It Bites
I was listening to a conversation at a football match a month ago where 2 blokes were talking about mcatee . They both agreed he won't play for town again . I tend to agree with them

And what makes you all think that
Posted by: It Bites, November 5, 2022, 10:11am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Davec

And what makes you all think that

Gut instinct.
Posted by: Poojah, November 5, 2022, 10:29am; Reply: 33
Quoted from It Bites

Gut instinct.

You need an enema.
Posted by: pen penfras, November 5, 2022, 10:58am; Reply: 34
Quoted from It Bites

He's back training and has played 1 youth match for Luton. He's on loan until the end of the season and so far in his career has had 1 good season, 4 levels below where his parent club is at. He's nowhere near ready for Championship football and I suspect will be on loan in L1 next season to see what he's capable of before making the step up anywhere near Luton's first team.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 5, 2022, 11:01am; Reply: 35
Quoted from pen penfras

He's back training and has played 1 youth match for Luton. He's on loan until the end of the season and so far in his career has had 1 good season, 4 levels below where his parent club is at. He's nowhere near ready for Championship football and I suspect will be on loan in L1 next season to see what he's capable of before making the step up anywhere near Luton's first team.

Let's hope we go up then.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, November 5, 2022, 11:36am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Hagrid

He cant be recalled

Ok fair enough, that’s better news then
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 5, 2022, 1:17pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from It Bites

You should stand at different bus stops.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 5, 2022, 1:42pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from It Bites

Cool story Bro.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, November 11, 2022, 11:48am; Reply: 39
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1591034614734209025
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, November 11, 2022, 12:07pm; Reply: 40
Bit of Hurst mind games here as my parents live up in the new builds near Cheapside and JM has been at the training ground this week.
Posted by: Poojah, November 11, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Bit of Hurst mind games here as my parents live up in the new builds near Cheapside and JM has been at the training ground this week.

He played 90 minutes for Luton’s dev squad 10 days ago; he can’t be far off can he?

The surprise addition of McAtee in the squad tomorrow would get the atmosphere nice and spicy. Unlikely perhaps but you do never know with Hurst.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 11, 2022, 2:47pm; Reply: 42
He probably won't be but imagine the buzz around BP if the teams get announced at 2pm and he's on the bench.

Sure I remember Roy Race being selected as a sub when unfit to play just to psyche out the opposition. They made it look like he was going to come on and the North Vale full back was so desperate to stop it that he kept the ball in play rather than letting it go out for a throw in and Blackie got the winner. As a tactic it's got a 100% success rate as far as I'm aware. Let's see if our manager is innovative enough to give it a go but I won't hold my breath!
Posted by: chaos33, November 11, 2022, 6:25pm; Reply: 43
Would be very spicy indeed 🙂
Posted by: chaos33, November 11, 2022, 6:28pm; Reply: 44
I like the fact that Dean asks questions and Hurst just says what he wants to suit his objectives. It might be true, it might not. Hurst just owns that dynamic and says what he wants and has all the power. I wonder what MD thinks of it.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 11, 2022, 8:36pm; Reply: 45
Would not be surprised in the slightest to see him in theSquad tomorrow
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 11, 2022, 9:41pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from chaos33
I like the fact that Dean asks questions and Hurst just says what he wants to suit his objectives. It might be true, it might not. Hurst just owns that dynamic and says what he wants and has all the power. I wonder what MD thinks of it.

Interesting take. I suppose if he's told the truth but to embargo it, that's fine by the journalists (and he/they might be in on the bluff for all we know).

But, if they aren't in on the bluff, there's nothing embargoed so they are likely to announce it at 13:00 if they happen to bump into him at the Main Stand entrance.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 11, 2022, 9:53pm; Reply: 47
They could but what odds is an hour and either way, Matt Dean's job is easier if he has a decent working relationship with Paul Hurst and Town.
Posted by: Surrey97, November 11, 2022, 11:08pm; Reply: 48
Classic Hurst this one, expecting him to at least be on the bench tomorrow.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 12, 2022, 5:53am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
He probably won't be but imagine the buzz around BP if the teams get announced at 2pm and he's on the bench.

Be a sure fire way to get any atmosphere going too if he’s on the bench and goes for a ‘warm up’ in front of the main stand
Posted by: aldi_01, November 12, 2022, 7:53am; Reply: 50
I’ve no doubt that Luton are in control of when Mcatee can or can’t play for us, that said, they’re now a club in transition so that could have an impact on that decision.

He’s clearly back training ‘normally’ and has been doing that with us. Hurst gives little away so you can’t necessarily trust what he says, which is believe is a good thing.

If, at 14:02 today the team comes out and he’s not on the list, nothing lost, if and it’s a big if, he is on the list, more likely as a sub it’ll lift the atmosphere before a ball has been kicked. You’ll hear the whispers ‘he’s on the bench’ and ‘have you seen them team sheet’ etc, it’ll create a talking point and rally the fans early on. Some of that is what footballs all about, to me anyway. Even if he didn’t come on, seeing him warm up or sat there on the bench is a big deal…
Posted by: bradzmilne, November 12, 2022, 9:53am; Reply: 51
I’m nigh certain McAtee will be in the squad today.

UTM
Posted by: Mayaman, November 12, 2022, 1:48pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from bradzmilne

UTM

GET says he's out on the pitch in a trackie.  I've got goose bumps.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, November 12, 2022, 1:51pm; Reply: 53
Mcatee in the squad, very much been training with Town all week like I said… full contact training that is. He’s 100% match fit and ready to go 👍
Posted by: It Bites, November 12, 2022, 2:01pm; Reply: 54
He's on the bench 🙏❤️
Posted by: Fette Schlange, November 12, 2022, 2:01pm; Reply: 55
Confirmed bench
Posted by: bradzmilne, November 12, 2022, 2:18pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from bradzmilne

UTM

Easy to say now.

However, it was planned all week
Posted by: acko338, November 12, 2022, 5:08pm; Reply: 57
Bonus goal off the bench today !

Welcome back !!
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 12, 2022, 8:31pm; Reply: 58
I wonder what the situation could be with Macca. Now that Luton are in the process of changing Manager, for all we know the new incoming Manager might not think the same about Macca as Nathan Jones did. If the new Manager plays a different system or has his own favourite targets in the transfer market, for all we know Macca might not be wanted/needed.

Can we put a cheeky bid in for him in January that is lower than what we sold for him?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 12, 2022, 8:45pm; Reply: 59
I wonder what the situation could be with Macca. Now that Luton are in the process of changing Manager, for all we know the new incoming Manager might not think the same about Macca as Nathan Jones did. If the new Manager plays a different system or has his own favourite targets in the transfer market, for all we know Macca might not be wanted/needed.

Can we put a cheeky bid in for him in January that is lower than what we sold for him?

I'm of the thinking we'd need to get promoted to have any chance of seeing Macatee again after this season, even if the new manager doesn't fancy him, JM will want to play higher than league 2, and after the cameo today, he's definitely capable of playing higher too
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I'm of the thinking we'd need to get promoted to have any chance of seeing Macatee again after this season, even if the new manager doesn't fancy him, JM will want to play higher than league 2, and after the cameo today, he's definitely capable of playing higher too

The only way we’ll see him again next season is if Luton get relegated (won’t happen) and we get promoted (won’t happen) or we draw them in a cup.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:52am