Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, October 16, 2022, 4:29pm
https://twitter.com/fbawaydays/status/1581593222043705346?s=46&t=a1sOx4_AvrrbA9g9Y63NiA

What the actual....
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, October 16, 2022, 4:31pm; Reply: 1
Finest two minutes ever
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, October 16, 2022, 5:00pm; Reply: 2
Some good stuff there - great laugh - who were the teams?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, October 16, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Some good stuff there - great laugh - who were the teams?

Scunny v Scunny u21
Posted by: HerveJosse, October 16, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 4
Whitehawk V Three Bridges
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 16, 2022, 5:25pm; Reply: 5
How many players did each side finish with?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 16, 2022, 5:31pm; Reply: 6
That high foot challenge was X rated
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 16, 2022, 5:38pm; Reply: 7
Looked like boxers having a go at football.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, October 16, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 8
I reckon they were all on day release from the local asylum.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 16, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 9
It would need to improve by a few notches to reach agricultural.
Posted by: LN8Mariner, October 16, 2022, 6:44pm; Reply: 10
That one on 1min34 was horrendous, made all the better by him trying to argue his case.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, October 16, 2022, 10:06pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin
How many players did each side finish with?

Think I counted 5 reds...  ;D
Posted by: RichMariner, October 16, 2022, 10:15pm; Reply: 12
9 v 8 in in the end, wasn't it? Hard to tell.
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 17, 2022, 11:12am; Reply: 13
I hope the Whitehawk No. 4 is ok after that horrendous assault to the back of his head...

Sickening.

Didn't Scott Neilson sign for Whitehawk after leaving Town?
Posted by: kevikov, October 18, 2022, 12:30pm; Reply: 14
Nice to hear the fans cheering the win and three points at the final whistle. Never mind the b rated horror flick they have just watched. 3 points in the bag! 😂
Posted by: Kris2, October 18, 2022, 1:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from diehardmariner
I hope the Whitehawk No. 4 is ok after that horrendous assault to the back of his head...

Sickening.

Didn't Scott Neilson sign for Whitehawk after leaving Town?

Played a full season with them. Dominic Vose also spent a few weeks with them after getting released by Scunthorpe following a loan spell with us before training with Bromley and signing for them for a couple of months.
Posted by: Poojah, October 18, 2022, 1:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Kris2

Played a full season with them. Dominic Vose also spent a few weeks with them after getting released by Scunthorpe following a loan spell with us before training with Bromley and signing for them for a couple of months.

Like Neilson, Vose was such a naturally gifted player. It’s a crying shame their careers ended up the way they did. I don’t profess to know their stories, but sometimes talent takes you further than your attitude can keep you.

https://youtu.be/xgykji5-Uc8
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 18, 2022, 2:11pm; Reply: 17
To be honest, as much as Vose never reached the levels his natural talent should have led him to, he pales in comparison to Neilson.  

Neilson had it all, including a turn of pace that left defenders for dead - often when carrying at least a stone extra himself.  I say had it all, of course he lacked the desire, committment and ethic required to really progress.  Vose probably lacked the speed off his feet to really go much higher, whereas Neilson could have done if he wanted it.

Interesting interview with Vose here with an equally interesting turn of phrase used.

[youtube]ChTBH8IHW1U[/youtube]
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, October 18, 2022, 2:22pm; Reply: 18
I last saw kicking like that at Scarlets v Zebre Parma
Posted by: smokey111, October 18, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 19
Les,

Looks like an SW Steelers game circa 2007?!?!
Posted by: Kris2, October 18, 2022, 2:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Poojah

Like Neilson, Vose was such a naturally gifted player. It’s a crying shame their careers ended up the way they did. I don’t profess to know their stories, but sometimes talent takes you further than your attitude can keep you.

https://youtu.be/xgykji5-Uc8

I've seen few turn out for town that were that good with the ball at their feet, don't recall watching a game he played in where anybody was able to tackle him. Not the fastest player in the world but he hardly needed it, felt at the time he fell out the squad and got sent back to Scunthorpe he could have done much better in football than his career path has gone with us or somebody else. Probably another player that suffered a bit from Bignot being a headcase falling out with squad members and wanting to bring his own players in, after Hurst left and Bignot bought his guys in the January window he was relegated to a handful of appearances from the bench and dropped altogether for 2 months until March (think Bignot claimed he was injured from what I remember but seems to not have been the case). From what he's said in interviews since he's suffered the same demons as Nathan Arnold that's stopped him reaching his potential, again with Arnold always felt he was too good for where he's played but his mental health issues were something he's had to deal with which led to a stop start career and struggles.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 8:51am