Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, August 26, 2022, 8:09am
For anyone who's going which seating area are you opting for?

Taking my lad for his first game in 5 years as yes not been bothered with watching (yet!)
Posted by: aldi_01, August 26, 2022, 8:13am; Reply: 1
Have they changed their away fans option? Never been offered standing their before, well not when I’ve been.

Edit: just reread it, it’s covered or uncovered seating. I read it as uncovered standing.

I’d personally go for covered, it’s down the side and proper stand, yet uncovered is a temporary stand and let’s face it, you can’t trust the weather…
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 26, 2022, 8:47am; Reply: 2
Quoted from aldi_01
Have they changed their away fans option? Never been offered standing their before, well not when I’ve been.

Edit: just reread it, it’s covered or uncovered seating. I read it as uncovered standing.

I’d personally go for covered, it’s down the side and proper stand, yet uncovered is a temporary stand and let’s face it, you can’t trust the weather…

Apparently, they are not selling the standing area until the seating area tickets have all been sold.
Posted by: lukeo, August 26, 2022, 8:52am; Reply: 3
I'm happy with that then, I prefer us all to be more close than spread out!
Are you heading over Les?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 26, 2022, 9:10am; Reply: 4

horrible place and horrible ground, we never win there either. Safe journey to all going
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, August 26, 2022, 10:09am; Reply: 5
Horrible place and stadium yep, but the pitch itself is quality now compared to the swimming pool/quagmire it always used to be- the WRU have thrown a fortune at the place and as a ball playing side I reckon it'll suit us
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 26, 2022, 6:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

Went there in the play-offs, and the temporary seating looked like it was about to fall down any moment!  On that basis I would recommend the covered seating.

Posted by: chaos33, August 26, 2022, 6:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

horrible place and horrible ground, we never win there either. Safe journey to all going

Agree. Absolute pit. Probably the worst in L2 all things considered.
Posted by: barralad, August 27, 2022, 10:27am; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33

Agree. Absolute pit. Probably the worst in L2 all things considered.

Barrow:- Hold my beer.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 27, 2022, 10:30am; Reply: 9
Some great bars in the centre of town though. Le Pub, tiny rebel have a bar there (fantastic range of beers - and if you can get there, the brewery isn’t too far away) and potters are great places. There was always a bar at the ground too.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 27, 2022, 10:34am; Reply: 10
Am I the only one who likes Rodney Parade then?

Covered seating for me though Luke, if there's any left when I come to buy a ticket that is. Still finalising plans.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2022, 11:28am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Son of Cod
Am I the only one who likes Rodney Parade then?

Covered seating for me though Luke, if there's any left when I come to buy a ticket that is. Still finalising plans.

I reckon so. Newport is a weird place and the ground is odd. Been a few times, may be it’s because we’ve always been excrement when I’ve been but it’s certainly not the best.

But I could see why some would like it. It’s certainly different and better than an identikit stadium.
Posted by: lukeo, August 27, 2022, 2:03pm; Reply: 12
I'm thinking covered also if possible..

Well my lad will be with me so it'll be a wagamamas then the bar in the ground I think. UTM
Posted by: mrsd, August 27, 2022, 5:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Some great bars in the centre of town though. Le Pub, tiny rebel have a bar there (fantastic range of beers - and if you can get there, the brewery isn’t too far away) and potters are great places. There was always a bar at the ground too.

Le Pub sells Docks Beers
Posted by: lukeo, August 28, 2022, 10:05am; Reply: 14
Reckon we could hit 500 to this one? 800 to Walsall is very good considering the financial situation for everyone at the moment.
Posted by: lukeo, August 29, 2022, 7:03am; Reply: 15
Just bought my tickets, be warned there is no phone scanning or print at home option. You either have to pay for delivery or collect from BP - So exiles like myself have to pay a further £2.50-6 on top of the ticket price!
Posted by: moosey_club, August 29, 2022, 8:30am; Reply: 16
Looks like Omar has settled in and found some form confidence.
Posted by: lukeo, August 29, 2022, 9:03am; Reply: 17
Managed to get cheap train tickets aswell..

Unless with give a penalty away I reckon we'll have Omar covered!
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 29, 2022, 9:59am; Reply: 18
Quoted from lukeo
Reckon we could hit 500 to this one? 800 to Walsall is very good considering the financial situation for everyone at the moment.

It was one or the other for me and I ended up going with Walsall since it's not quite as far and was a ground I'd never been to before. Last time I went to Newport in 2017 on a Tuesday night we took 243 there, so on a weekend with a bit more of a positive feeling around the club I reckon we'll take around 400 or so.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 29, 2022, 11:20am; Reply: 19
Quoted from lukeo
Managed to get cheap train tickets aswell..

Unless with give a penalty away I reckon we'll have Omar covered!

Will this be the first time we've played against Omar since he left us?
Posted by: lukeo, August 29, 2022, 11:49am; Reply: 20
I believe so!
Posted by: Neilo83, August 29, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Went there in the play-offs, and the temporary seating looked like it was about to fall down any moment!  On that basis I would recommend the covered seating.

Bouncy, bouncy.

I genuinely thought that stadium was gonna collapse when the town fans did that, felt very spongey!
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 29, 2022, 7:43pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Neilo83

Bouncy, bouncy.

I genuinely thought that stadium was gonna collapse when the town fans did that, felt very spongey!

I'm certainly glad I wasn't in there!  Looked very shaky ;D
Posted by: Poojah, August 30, 2022, 9:32pm; Reply: 23
Newport won their fourth game in a row tonight, with Bogle on the scoresheet again. That’s 6 in his first 8 games for them, not a bad return. Set up nicely for Saturday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewportCounty/status/1564705103407448065
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 31, 2022, 10:23am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

I'm certainly glad I wasn't in there!  Looked very shaky ;D

It was!

There was a great video of it doing the rounds just after
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 31, 2022, 12:42pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

It was!

There was a great video of it doing the rounds just after

;D

Posted by: DB, August 31, 2022, 6:39pm; Reply: 26
Newport County have reported a break-in at their training facility at Spytty Stadium.

The League Two side believe the incident happened sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning.

Newport say items taken include: "Computer equipment, TVs, medical equipment and playing shirts. In addition, personal items belonging to staff and players were also stolen."

The club have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.

Newport County play their competitive matches across the city at Rodney Parade but are away at Exeter City on Tuesday evening in the EFL Trophy.

Who was it.?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62728912
Posted by: aldi_01, September 1, 2022, 7:19am; Reply: 27
Buckley’s lad?
Posted by: bedders78, September 1, 2022, 7:53am; Reply: 28
Quoted from DB
players were also stolen."

Psst! Anyone want a 5th hand Bogle?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2022, 10:19am; Reply: 29
They believe it was stolen sometime between Monday night and Tuesday morning.

Now, am not quite basil the great mouse detective or inspector monkfish, but surely you’ve got to be asking :

‘When was the last time you saw it and when was it first discovered missing?’

Now, get your knickers on and make me a cup of tea
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 1, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from lukeo
Just bought my tickets, be warned there is no phone scanning or print at home option. You either have to pay for delivery or collect from BP - So exiles like myself have to pay a further £2.50-6 on top of the ticket price!

Not true. Pay on gate
Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 1, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Not true. Pay on gate

I spoke to the ticket office Tuesday morning after not being able to purchase tickets online. Bought four tickets and paid for special delivery as I was told this was the only way to get the tickets. They didn’t mention pay on the gate, might have been nice if they had if it’s an option. Currently concerned the tickets won’t get here in time.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 1, 2022, 9:09pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from cardiffmariner

I spoke to the ticket office Tuesday morning after not being able to purchase tickets online. Bought four tickets and paid for special delivery as I was told this was the only way to get the tickets. They didn’t mention pay on the gate, might have been nice if they had if it’s an option. Currently concerned the tickets won’t get here in time.

they are very good, very pro active.Cousin had same problem last week, was away in Wales. They rang him on the Friday to say he hadn't been in to collect, what could they do to help
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2022, 9:20pm; Reply: 33
https://www.facebook.com/reel/5233729123419524?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V

For anyone wanting to go all vip
Posted by: forza ivano, September 1, 2022, 9:32pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

looks like a sub standard works canteen ,with shiite  keg lager
Posted by: lukeo, September 2, 2022, 4:55am; Reply: 35
To be fair to myself and gtfc it was only confirmed by Newport yesterday that you can now pay on the gate!
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 3:04am