Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 24, 2022, 7:02am
Pictures to the words already described on here…

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0_-ZUxdgeqk[/url]

Can’t decide if Yates does just throw his foot at their first goal. It could have flown anywhere.

Second goal - obviously, Green’s not had his finest moment and Efete playing out of position won’t have helped - huge gap between Efete and Waterfall left Surridge free. Can’t leave a space like that and a striker with no defender within 15 yards of him, just in case we do lose possession.

Never mind, we’ll always have Anfield.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 24, 2022, 8:10am; Reply: 1
Looks like a massive shinner to me!
Posted by: LondonMariner43, August 24, 2022, 8:28am; Reply: 2
Can't help thinking that if Smith had been playing we certainly wouldn't have conceded the first goal
Posted by: pen penfras, August 24, 2022, 8:34am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Abdul19
Looks like a massive shinner to me!

It was a brilliant strike. Probably catch it that well about once every 30 attempts.

Little harsh on Green too, he could have done better, but a chest height throw to him when under pressure was not the right ball.

edit: Watching it again, he wasn't near anybody when it was thrown, but their guy read it well and was on him very quickly.
Posted by: Maringer, August 24, 2022, 9:27am; Reply: 4
Looked to me as though Green should perhaps have just got it away as soon as he'd chested it down. He was under a lot of pressure and got caught when trying to play it, but they were onto him very quickly. The extra pace of top level players makes a real difference.

Other than that, from those highlights, we had some good chances in the second half, but just didn't get the shot right or have that bit of luck required.

If the money made from the tie helps to secure the signing of a suitable new striker, it would be useful.
Posted by: toontown, August 24, 2022, 10:32am; Reply: 5
That first one looked a complete slice to me at the match, watching it back I'm not sure, maybe he meant it maybe he just got lucky.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 24, 2022, 11:03am; Reply: 6
First goal, the guy is obviously trying to score and maybe means for it to fly in the top corner, but it does look as though he shins it. That part, at least, wasn't deliberate! If he'd caught it as he'd wished, he'd have probably skied it!

Surridge was clinical. Oh to have a Connel/Amond type in our side right now! We don't need height or pace, just someone canny up front who can create a bit of space, time their runs and have that instinct of tucking their chances away when they drop.

We're really not far away from being a very good side in this division.
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 24, 2022, 11:30am; Reply: 7
Just further highlights the difference between the good sides and the very, very good sides.  

We huffed and puffed in and around the area, achieving nothing.
They went near Crocombe's goal 3 times and made him pick the ball out the net 3 times.

Clearly the hardest position in the world to recruit to.  But we're quite literally only missing that fox in the box.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 24, 2022, 4:22pm; Reply: 8
Once we have a fox in the box, how do we set up in a 4 2 3 1 / 4 4 1 1 unless Taylor plays as the No 10 (discounting McAtee)
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 24, 2022, 4:32pm; Reply: 9
Great highlights on You Tube.

Grimsby Town (0) v Nottingham Forest (30) | Highlights, in the description underneath the video.

I can't rememeber us conceding that many.  ;D

[youtube]bW1d7xPMO5A[/youtube]
Posted by: mariner91, August 24, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 10
Last one clearly onside. There was a woman in front of me in the upper going absolutely ballistic that he was offside which was one of the most amusing parts of the evening, not least cause it would be totally irrelevant to the outcome of the game anyway  ;D.
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 25, 2022, 12:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Once we have a fox in the box, how do we set up in a 4 2 3 1 / 4 4 1 1 unless Taylor plays as the No 10 (discounting McAtee)

What's to say you have to play Taylor?  I think much like an over-reliance on McAtee, we've got a little problem in that we're very dependent on Taylor holding it up and bringing others into play.

I like Taylor, but the strengths he brings are also quite predictable.  Even more so without McAtee buzzing around him to bring some unpredictability.  

Pepple looks to be finding his feet and we've still yet to see Orsi and how they can operate as a pair or with Taylor.  I also think if you've got Clifton as one of the wingers, you can perhaps afford to sacrifice one of the midfield 3 to create an extra attacking role.
Posted by: Mallyner, August 26, 2022, 11:34am; Reply: 12
Is it me or are the extended highlights of the Forest game not on Mariner TV yet?

And if not will there be any?
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 8:36pm