Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 21, 2022, 5:25pm
Do we think Deano will play then?

I'm sure he'll be knocking on Steve Cooper's door saying he wants to, as I'm sure he'd get a great reception from the BP crowd if he does.
Posted by: Laddy89, August 21, 2022, 5:30pm; Reply: 1
I would bet money Wayne Hennessey will play.

They won’t play their number one when they have Wales number one as their second choice - he will be there cup keeper I’m sure.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2022, 5:31pm; Reply: 2
I suspect Forest fans will know as much about their team as we do given the amount of signings they’ve made…
Posted by: toontown, August 21, 2022, 5:33pm; Reply: 3
Will deano be on the bench though and thus at the game,would be good to see him back.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 21, 2022, 5:35pm; Reply: 4
Put it this way I reckon the likes of Johnson & Lingard won’t even be at BP
Posted by: Deckhand, August 21, 2022, 5:50pm; Reply: 5
It'll be Notts Forest reserves anybody expecting Henderson to play is living in cloud cuckoo land
Posted by: ska face, August 21, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 6
Each to their own and all that, but 7 mid-season appearances in a nothing campaign, I don’t quite get the adoration. He was certainly the best badge kisser we’ve had for some time though, I’ll give him that much.

Whoever plays, I hope the crowd hammer them for 90 mins and make it really hostile for once.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2022, 6:14pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ska face
Each to their own and all that, but 7 mid-season appearances in a nothing campaign, I don’t quite get the adoration. He was certainly the best badge kisser we’ve had for some time though, I’ll give him that much.

Whoever plays, I hope the crowd hammer them for 90 mins and make it really hostile for once.

Cost us three points at Stevenage too…
Posted by: toontown, August 21, 2022, 6:58pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from aldi_01

Cost us three points at Stevenage too…

One point. You have to score to get 3.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from toontown

One point. You have to score to get 3.

True…but you get my point…
Posted by: ginnywings, August 21, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

True…but you get my point…

Is that one point or three points?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 21, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 11
Boo the lot of them no matter who plays
Posted by: Poojah, August 21, 2022, 8:09pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ska face

Each to their own as you say, but personally I quite enjoyed watching a kid who was clearly a special talent destined for big things making his way in a Town shirt. In some respects the reverse of Ivano’s not quite as brief stint here as he approached the end of a brilliant career.

Dave Beasant only played 6 times for us but is remembered for his classy performances and always got a good reception when returning to BP, didn’t he?

Stevenage aside, Henderson put in some cracking performances in his time here, in particular that 3-1 win away at Carlisle during that slightly confusing period when it was difficult to work out whether Bignot was a complete imbecile or some kind of mercurial genius. Not quite Danny Coyne at QPR but memorable all the same (some clips below).

Adoration is probably putting it a bit strongly, but I think his stint here was at least worthy of some appreciation.

https://youtu.be/JsPaYkmAhss
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2022, 8:19pm; Reply: 13
That Carlisle win was a tactical masterclass from myself…I shouted when we had a corner ‘stick it on Omar’s head’…he did, we scored and went on to dominate…
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 21, 2022, 8:27pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ska face

I’m with you on this one.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 21, 2022, 8:42pm; Reply: 15
I doubt he’ll give a sh,it about playing at BP and getting a clap .
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 16
Boo every girl private. We hate everyone anyway…
Posted by: LH, August 21, 2022, 10:29pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Laddy89

They won’t play their number one when they have Wales number one as their second choice - he will be there cup keeper I’m sure.

The last time Wayne Hennessey played against Town this happened:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/crystal-palace/story/3745179/crystal-palace-keeper-wayne-hennessey-denies-making-nazi-salute?platform=amp
Posted by: Poojah, August 21, 2022, 10:35pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from LH

Yeah, he got let off the hook on the basis that, apparently, he’d never heard of the Nazis.  :-/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/19/wayne-hennessey-is-desperate-to-learn-about-the-nazis-roy-hodgson-crystal-palace
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 21, 2022, 10:53pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from aldi_01
That Carlisle win was a tactical masterclass from myself…I shouted when we had a corner ‘stick it on Omar’s head’…he did, we scored and went on to dominate…

You weren’t at notts county and happened to have a quiet word with mani we’re you?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 21, 2022, 10:55pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH

I was just about to say that I hope he doesn't repeat the mistake he made last time he played against us. He will probably go round with a Z on his underlayer and claim he hasn't heard of Putin.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 21, 2022, 11:39pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from aldi_01
Boo every girl private. We hate everyone anyway…

I think that fans from lower league teams who boo Premiership players just because they are and also ex players (apart from the odd one) are complete tossers.
Posted by: LH, August 22, 2022, 12:04am; Reply: 22
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I was just about to say that I hope he doesn't repeat the mistake he made last time he played against us. He will probably go round with a Z on his underlayer and claim he hasn't heard of Putin.

He was said to be disappointed with the draw. A source at Forest’s training ground claims he said “Nazis again” when he was told he’d likely to be playing.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, August 22, 2022, 7:23am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Laddy89

Ok but danny ward of Leicester is Wales' number one

Posted by: aldi_01, August 22, 2022, 7:24am; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think that fans from lower league teams who boo Premiership players just because they are and also ex players (apart from the odd one) are complete tossers.

I said boo everyone…I wasn’t talking exclusively about premier league players…
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 9:42am