Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 4, 2022, 8:39pm

Well done to Zac Shaw for winning the silver medal at the commonwealth games tonight (men's T11/T12 100m)

Zac competes at the para athletic competitions after losing 90 per cent of his vision due to an hereditary disease and now runs in the T11/T12 category.

Before he ran they mentioned he is a massive Grimsby Town fan and was delighted when they where promoted from the National League last season.

Must admit I'd never heard of him until tonight.
Posted by: Rick12, August 5, 2022, 6:26am; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Well done to Zac Shaw for winning the silver medal at the commonwealth games tonight (men's T11/T12 100m)

Zac competes at the para athletic competitions after losing 90 per cent of his vision due to an hereditary disease and now runs in the T11/T12 category.
t.
Yes its always nice to see people trying in the face of physical disability. Reminds me as well that this world can be so unfair  especially when you see children in wheelchairs from birth due to varying problems eg spina bifida. On another level  I suppose you have to accept and adapt otherwise life can bring you under .

Posted by: grimsby pete, August 5, 2022, 4:36pm; Reply: 2
Well done Zac utm
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 7, 2022, 1:09pm; Reply: 3
He's one of my best mates and grew up with him having this dream from being a young lad.
He's improved no end in the past few years and getting into Team GB's running team has absolutely transformed his life as he used to suffer with his confidence. I'm not going to lie it made me shed a little tear of him winning the silver on a grand stage.
Posted by: Humbercod, August 7, 2022, 2:13pm; Reply: 4
Great News… well done Zac.
I’d like to think his success will now be promoted around the local schools maybe get his medal on show and hopefully inspire the next generation.
Print page generated: May 25, 2024, 7:58pm