Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FishySmithy, July 21, 2022, 8:47pm
Stern warning to all, hopefully more to follow to deter fans from entering the pitch

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-mem-reduced-capacity-7347344?fbclid=IwAR3AJdDVRLhMcFkiNWzmkO91CL9ZMMjiGwXQJuBF9SZTnBCA7rQu1OVufXA&fs=e&s=cl#l5vfwr6niiidpovysgq
Posted by: moosey_club, July 21, 2022, 11:19pm; Reply: 1
Not sure if it has been discussed elsewhere on here but didn't we have someone run on from the Ponny at the end of Tuesdays game and confront a Lincoln player ?
Someone was dragged off the pitch by the stewards but I didn't see what went on immediately before, people around said he "attacked " a player but not sure how valid that is
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 21, 2022, 11:22pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from moosey_club
Not sure if it has been discussed elsewhere on here but didn't we have someone run on from the Ponny at the end of Tuesdays game and confront a Lincoln player ?
Someone was dragged off the pitch by the stewards but I didn't see what went on immediately before, people around said he "attacked " a player but not sure how valid that is

When I was leaving there was a little scrote stood outside the PA box talking to a police officer in handcuffs. I also notice that we've got that awful security firm back this season. We need to bin them off ASAP.
Posted by: cannylad65, July 22, 2022, 7:12am; Reply: 3
A policeman in handcuffs?
Posted by: aldi_01, July 22, 2022, 7:15am; Reply: 4
I don’t think he attacked a player, just ran in and as he got near a Lincoln player he and the steward went down.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 22, 2022, 9:03am; Reply: 5
The worrying thing is that the threat of reduced capacity won't register in the thick skulls of these morons.  

All it does it put more pressure on the clubs to stop people going onto the pitch, which is near impossible task.  Stewards are outnumbered at a rate that leaves them no chance of stopping anything more than a very small minority.  

If we're not careful, we'll be seeing fences going back up.
Posted by: Kris2, July 22, 2022, 9:16am; Reply: 6
Unfortunately these losers will always be attracted to home games against major rivals.
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 22, 2022, 9:55am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Kris2
Unfortunately these losers will always be attracted to home games against major rivals.

But the fact that there is a vastly reduced availability for pay on the day should surely decrease their numbers. Another bonus to the fantastic ST sales.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 22, 2022, 10:18am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Civvy at last

But the fact that there is a vastly reduced availability for pay on the day should surely decrease their numbers. Another bonus to the fantastic ST sales.

To some extent, I agree although disturbances at home games is rare at most clubs. Had Rovers not had that previous, unwarranted pitch invasion and actually waited until the final whistle against Scunny I suspect there’s have been zero consequences.

In reality, the only actual issue with fans at BP in the last 5 years was caused by the club themselves and was away fans…
Posted by: RonMariner, July 23, 2022, 12:54pm; Reply: 9
So what about Forest? One of their fans assaulted Billy Sharpe at the end of the play off semi. That was pretty serious. Has any action been taken against them? Or is it different because they are in the prem?
Posted by: aldi_01, July 23, 2022, 1:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from RonMariner
So what about Forest? One of their fans assaulted Billy Sharpe at the end of the play off semi. That was pretty serious. Has any action been taken against them? Or is it different because they are in the prem?

I’d imagine it’s more to do with the premature encroachment a couple of times and the inconsistent approach to policing footballing? Also, the pitch invasion at forest was s jubilant affair aside from one moron who was rightly arrested…
Posted by: FPVmariner, July 23, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 11
It could also be that the authorities might be concerned that the result was perhaps somewhat contrived but couldn’t find any evidence, therefore took the encroachment as an opportunity to slap a few wrists……
Print page generated: May 26, 2024, 4:12am