Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Brazilnut, July 10, 2022, 2:34pm
Has anyone else seen banners on the bridge between the 2 Immingham turn offs ....seem to have been put up sat night .....leaving town says enjoy non league scunthorpe and the 1 coming back into town says ....thanks for McAtee  the lazy barst##d

Mate me smile
Posted by: aldi_01, July 10, 2022, 2:55pm; Reply: 1
Why star out the word ‘illegitimate’ though?

Funny and I admire the effort but I thought they were a little bit tragic…we’re hardly in a place to mock really and in truth, as a football fan, what is happening there is a disgrace.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 11, 2022, 9:12am; Reply: 2
I don't wish them ill at all.  The value of a football club to the community is huge.  We thought we had it bad, there situation could make ours seems like a storm in a teacup.

But seeing them relegated made me smile.  As did those banners.  Just a shame they're not at the Scunthorpe junctions of the M180.
Posted by: Humbercod, July 11, 2022, 3:37pm; Reply: 3
When I saw it I thought sad illegitimates! could understand it if we’d had this intense rivalry over the last 10/20 years but we haven’t, you’d have to go back to the late 80s early 90s when we had some fierce rivalry on and off the pitch. We should be aiming higher then hanging onto our long gone history with little Scunny. Hopefully not be to long before we can reacquaint ourselves with Lincoln and take back the biggest team in Lincolnshire tag, before moving onto Hull for a proper Humber derby.
Print page generated: May 26, 2024, 4:08pm