Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fishyfanny, July 9, 2022, 1:08pm
😅 Let's try this again shall we!

First half starting XI: Battersby, Efete, Waterfall (c), Bramwell, Goundry, Amos, Maguire-Drew, Holohan, Khan, McAtee, Essel.

#GTFC https://t.co/wkhSb8xs6x
Posted by: MaccasBoots, July 9, 2022, 1:14pm; Reply: 1
At first thought it was a 3 at the back, but don't see how that would work in the midfield - now thinking it's probably the 4411 from last season

Battersby
Efete Waterfall Goundry Amos
Bramwell Holohan
JMD McAtee Khan
Essel
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 9, 2022, 1:17pm; Reply: 2
Hoping Essel scores loads of goals so I can use #TOWIE
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 9, 2022, 2:03pm; Reply: 3
Most importantly, how many Triallists are there?
Posted by: GyMariner, July 9, 2022, 2:09pm; Reply: 4
I’m not fussed one bit about there being trialists. They’re usually on trial because they have a point to prove or injury prone. I’m hoping PHs next few signings are more established players.
Posted by: Meza, July 9, 2022, 2:44pm; Reply: 5
Town 1 up McAtee
Posted by: LondonMariner43, July 9, 2022, 2:55pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Meza
Town 1 up McAtee

Hope to read that a lot this season
Posted by: Poojah, July 9, 2022, 3:07pm; Reply: 7
Positive to see both Efete and Wearne fit to play the first friendly after missing the back end of the season through injury.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, July 9, 2022, 3:07pm; Reply: 8
Get Parslow on
Posted by: acko338, July 9, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 9
Updates from 2nd half ??
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 9, 2022, 3:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from acko338
Updates from 2nd half ??

Still 0-1
Shots from Tomlinson and Orsi, that’s about it.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 9, 2022, 3:48pm; Reply: 11
2-0
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 9, 2022, 3:48pm; Reply: 12
2-0 Town 85mins
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 9, 2022, 3:48pm; Reply: 13
0-2, Orsi
Posted by: BenBB, July 9, 2022, 3:55pm; Reply: 14
0-2 FT
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 9, 2022, 3:59pm; Reply: 15
Difficult to follow what was going on, on that commentary.
Posted by: BenBB, July 9, 2022, 4:28pm; Reply: 16
Good job the commentator never drank any of the whisky he won on the raffle 🤣
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 9, 2022, 5:26pm; Reply: 17
Apart from Scannell Taylor was the only one in the squad not to get a game today?
Posted by: acko338, July 9, 2022, 6:05pm; Reply: 18
No injuries occurring, I hope?
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 9, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 19
Worrying that Wearne went off injured  >:(
Other than that, a fitness exercise
Posted by: GyMariner, July 9, 2022, 6:51pm; Reply: 20
Taylor injured unlikely to be ready for start of the season. Wearne and Khan picking up injuries today. Seems to be quiet on the transfer front according to PH
Posted by: ska face, July 9, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 21
Post-match interview with Hurst:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ckxr83
Posted by: BulkyMariner, July 9, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 22
Did JMD play at all?
Posted by: HerveJosse, July 9, 2022, 7:38pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ska face
Post-match interview with Hurst:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ckxr83

Bloody hell direct questions and direct answers. Won’t need 112 pages of rumours if this continues
Posted by: Youngy, July 9, 2022, 8:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from BulkyMariner
Did JMD play at all?

Yes, first half.

Not much to report from the game. Standard first pre-season game stuff though I thought the young lads carried themselves very well, namely Goundry and Khouri (who made an excellent darting run followed by a cut back for Orsi's goal)
Posted by: Teestogreen, July 9, 2022, 9:42pm; Reply: 25
Every year - Town play on these hard local grounds and players get injured as a result.
Would be more professional if Towns players could play on Football League grounds - to have better chance of being healthy and fit enough to make the start of the season. Frustrating.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 9, 2022, 10:44pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Teestogreen
Every year - Town play on these hard local grounds and players get injured as a result.
Would be more professional if Towns players could play on Football League grounds - to have better chance of being healthy and fit enough to make the start of the season. Frustrating.

Whilst I think it’s good we play teams like this, I have to say, for all the money spent, the pitch was woeful and surely they have a hosepipe? Pitch was rock hard, that can’t be good for players on either side?
Posted by: ska face, July 9, 2022, 10:51pm; Reply: 27
[youtube]7lKvAYwJlPM[/youtube]
Posted by: ginnywings, July 10, 2022, 12:00am; Reply: 28
Nothing too remarkable to see from the highlights, which you would expect from a leg stretcher on a hot day, but the finish of Orsi stood out. Like to see a player make room for himself and pass the ball into the net like that. Good control and run from Khouri too.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, July 10, 2022, 12:54am; Reply: 29
Just a observation…..

Our new strip looks the business from the front an absolute mess from the back.
It looks like Town players are wearing black bibs, Why does the mass of black have to go all away round to the side of the shirt? Just a black rectangle on the back to allow the white number to be clearly seen is all that’s needed.
Think I’ll pass on this years shirt ..again, like the last 3-4 years and stick to my vintage collection. on match days.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 10, 2022, 5:33am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Sussexmariner
Just a observation…..

Our new strip looks the business from the front an absolute mess from the back.
It looks like Town players are wearing black bibs, Why does the mass of black have to go all away round to the side of the shirt? Just a black rectangle on the back to allow the white number to be clearly seen is all that’s needed.
Think I’ll pass on this years shirt ..again, like the last 3-4 years and stick to my vintage collection. on match days.

Accidental Alan Partridge 🤣

Posted by: Stew0_0, July 10, 2022, 7:47am; Reply: 31
Think the back of the shirt will look look better on a match day when the squad name and number is added. ATM it looks like a black mass on the back of a nice shirt from the front.

Highlights for me in the match...
1st half - Good to see Efete back in action and he made some good in roads up the right. Otis Kahn looks a decent addition with his close control and dribbling.

2nd half - Great run and cut back by Khouri for Orsi who had made good space at the edge of the box and a neat finish. Glennon looked good and like Efete got forward effectively. Put in a superb cross towards the end that should have been put away for 3.  Meher looked solid at the back with Pearson admittedly against a tiring Clee in the 2nd half and overall a decent run out and fitness building exercise.

Utm
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 10, 2022, 8:31pm; Reply: 32
GTFC version of the highlights.

A bit more zoomed out which I think makes better viewing. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDXqVReQOD8&ab_channel=GrimsbyTownF.C.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 11, 2022, 6:07pm; Reply: 33
Really don't like the back of the new shirts - as someone said looks like we are wearing training bibs
A faux par by whoever designed them.
Maybe they will look better with names & numbers on them & maybe there will be surprise addition to the void before the big kick off.
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 4:11am