Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 22, 2022, 6:08pm
Surprised he's got a 2 year deal but glad we are giving these young lads time to develop. Hopefully we get to see more of him this season.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, June 22, 2022, 6:10pm; Reply: 1
Excellent news, I hope he goes all the way and becomes a regular.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 22, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 2
The coaching staff must see some potential in him to give him a 2 year deal, so let's hope he develops into a first teamer.
Posted by: pontoonlew, June 22, 2022, 6:19pm; Reply: 3
I’ve a feeling everyone is getting a 2 year deal regardless, a bold but encouraging strategy
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’ve a feeling everyone is getting a 2 year deal regardless, a bold but encouraging strategy

I like it, it shows a two-way commitment. It also shows the club is preparing for next year as well so that there will be less time taken up with contract negotiations this time next year.

Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 22, 2022, 6:33pm; Reply: 5
Can't help thinking that there's a deliberate spacing out of these announcements. Khouri probably agreed to his contract ages ago.  Waterfall went first as last season's captain on the pitch, then Efete got a few days of profile and now Khouri.  I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a bigger name next.
Posted by: IowaMariner, June 22, 2022, 6:35pm; Reply: 6
A left-sided wide player who has some versatility, if I'm not mistaken, something that's always useful. Young and inexperienced maybe but as said, PH and the staff, seem to see potential. One for the future, but sooner rather than later?
Posted by: Kris2, June 22, 2022, 6:35pm; Reply: 7
Good to keep a young player with some potential. He's been on the fringes of the first team for a while and did well in some of the games towards the end of the season in L2, Hurst clearly sees something in him but the season past there were too many performing in his positions so he hasn't had much first team game time. I feel like he's somebody who we'll start seeing more of.
Posted by: immariner, June 22, 2022, 6:56pm; Reply: 8
I thought we'd have seen more of him considering the promise he showed in a largely woeful team at the back end of 20/21. Having not featured much in matchday squads and not having got any time out on loan, I was surprised to see he got offered a new contract. They obviously still see something in him so well done to the lad, hope he can really kick on
Posted by: MaccasBoots, June 22, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from immariner
I thought we'd have seen more of him considering the promise he showed in a largely woeful team at the back end of 20/21. Having not featured much in matchday squads and not having got any time out on loan, I was surprised to see he got offered a new contract. They obviously still see something in him so well done to the lad, hope he can really kick on

He's had some injury problems according to Hursty, hopefully those are behind him now
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 22, 2022, 7:30pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from IowaMariner
A left-sided wide player who has some versatility, if I'm not mistaken, something that's always useful. Young and inexperienced maybe but as said, PH and the staff, seem to see potential. One for the future, but sooner rather than later?

A central midfielder who’s predominantly left footed. Pleased we’re giving the younger players time to develop.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 22, 2022, 7:49pm; Reply: 11
Do we have to have home grown players and/or players under a certain age in the match day squad, and if so, how many?
Posted by: toontown, June 22, 2022, 7:58pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings
Do we have to have home grown players and/or players under a certain age in the match day squad, and if so, how many?

Good pointvpretty sure we do but don't know how many
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 22, 2022, 8:09pm; Reply: 13
He came through at West Ham, has ability in buckets. Injuries have hampered his progress but definitely one that if nurtured correctly could become another Clifton so to speak 👍
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 22, 2022, 8:24pm; Reply: 14
Fair play to the lad as well, if I remember right he's a London boy so coming up to Grimsby to try and get himself a career I think that shows a good attitude.  
Posted by: barrattstandman, June 22, 2022, 8:46pm; Reply: 15
I think that PH is looking to get together an U23 squad and is looking to the future with some of them
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 9:19am