Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Teestogreen, June 11, 2022, 8:55pm
🤔
Posted by: lukeo, June 11, 2022, 9:00pm; Reply: 1
Town are promoted.
Posted by: lukeo, June 11, 2022, 9:01pm; Reply: 2
All joking aside I genuinely didn't know, not interested in the nations league rubbish
Posted by: oochiad, June 11, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 3
Dreadful match, bottom of the league!
Posted by: Maringer, June 11, 2022, 9:37pm; Reply: 4
I've watched the game and, what is clear, is that our 'B' team isn't really good enough for the top level. Ward-Prowse really is the new crab with backwards and sideways passing which doesn't really go anywhere. I was disappointed with James - dodgy defensively on occasion and just jogged up and down without doing much, one good cross aside. Subs had no impact and the Italians saw out the draw really easily for the final 30 minutes or so.

The gameplan today seemed to be to hope that Grealish or Sterling could create something from somewhere but Sterling has been bang out of form.

Has to be said, we looked worse after Mount went off but it was pretty dull overall.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 11, 2022, 9:40pm; Reply: 5
Players should be on a beach, if we want games when there is no tournaments just play the home internationals, they’re competitive, would sell out at the right venue & all done in one week with no major travel.
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2022, 9:53pm; Reply: 6
I don’t think you can judge any of the teams on these games. Players going through the motions. Literally nobody wanted these games and performances have shown that.

We’ve played Germany and Italy back to back and they’ve been dreadful, all three team haven’t really looked arsed. Absolute waste of time.

I won’t worry about our performances at all…
Posted by: Teestogreen, June 11, 2022, 9:53pm; Reply: 7
😂- sadly - can’t disagree with you peops.
Roll on Qatar - hopefully the crowd or lack of won’t spoil that tournament.
Last weeks games at Notts County, Wrexham and East London puts international football in the backwater.
Posted by: LH, June 11, 2022, 10:00pm; Reply: 8
The worst possible time for UEFA to shoehorn an international break in. Making them play competitive fixtures is just ridiculous - making us endure Michael Owen’s opinions and Steve Bower’s commentary is a breach of the Geneva Convention.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 11, 2022, 10:06pm; Reply: 9
Southgate=useless
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2022, 10:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Southgate=useless

🙄
Posted by: Youngy, June 11, 2022, 10:17pm; Reply: 11
Only got to look at the results of the top ranked teams to see how much there bothered about these games

France - 2 draws and a loss
England - 2 draws and a loss
Germany - 3 draws
Belguim - 1 win, 1 loss, 1 draw
Spain - 1 win, 2 draws

With an absolutely packed season coming up, these games serve no purpose at all.
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2022, 10:21pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Youngy
Only got to look at the results of the top ranked teams to see how much there bothered about these games

France - 2 draws and a loss
England - 2 draws and a loss
Germany - 3 draws
Belguim - 1 win, 1 loss, 1 draw
Spain - 1 win, 2 draws

With an absolutely packed season coming up, these games serve no purpose at all.

Exactly, a waste of time. UEFA introduced this alleged tournament to increase attendances and interest, to add a competitive edge to otherwise pointless friendlies…they haven’t. These games have been positioned appallingly and results are reflecting that…
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 11, 2022, 10:22pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from aldi_01

🙄

He's f@ckibg useless....his managerial career is full of failure ..and don't give it we reached a semi and final under him, we played an Italian defence with an average of ,37 and he couldn't see we needed pace to get behind them, we will go nowhere in the world cup under his stewardship
Posted by: Hagrid, June 11, 2022, 10:28pm; Reply: 14
Whole nations league format is a farce
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 11, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Hagrid
Whole nations league format is a farce

“Nations League” sounds quite like “National League” nuff said ………
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 11, 2022, 10:32pm; Reply: 16

He's f@ckibg useless....his managerial career is full of failure ..and don't give it we reached a semi and final under him, we played an Italian defence with an average of ,37 and he couldn't see we needed pace to get behind them, we will go nowhere in the world cup under his stewardship

You’re just p1ssed off because you can’t have a go at Hurst anymore.
Posted by: Maringer, June 11, 2022, 10:59pm; Reply: 17
It has to be said that 4 games in 11 days during the close season is about as fricking whacky as you can get.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 12, 2022, 1:05am; Reply: 18
tbf these games at least are more meaningful than hand picked friendlies. And for the smaller teams they offer competitive games to claim the rankings points. thought the first half was v open n produced good entertainmnet
Posted by: Plankton, June 12, 2022, 1:15am; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano
tbf these games at least are more meaningful than hand picked friendlies. And for the smaller teams they offer competitive games to claim the rankings points. thought the first half was v open n produced good entertainmnet

If it's for the smaller teams then have a proper tournament qualifier for tournaments, much like preliminary rounds to receive the fourth place in a tournament. No one cares about this set up.
Posted by: lukeo, June 12, 2022, 5:37am; Reply: 20
Talking of Qatar. I've just put £1 ew on New Zealand at 1000/1.. They stayed unbeaten last time they qualified 👀 😂
Posted by: Hagrid, June 12, 2022, 8:08am; Reply: 21
Quoted from lukeo
Talking of Qatar. I've just put £1 ew on New Zealand at 1000/1.. They stayed unbeaten last time they qualified 👀 😂

But they havent qualified yet!😂
Posted by: lukeo, June 12, 2022, 8:10am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Hagrid

But they havent qualified yet!😂

Oh dear. 😂 🤮 😂
Posted by: meddaboy, June 12, 2022, 8:21am; Reply: 23
this playing out from the back is killing and dulling the game , square square square  back to the keeper ....repeat , then boom up the park when it breaks down .........its all  uefa  / largs  nonsense ....in my opinion .
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 12, 2022, 1:48pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You’re just p1ssed off because you can’t have a go at Hurst anymore.

Wrong there pal, I started a "Hurst" praise thread once, yes I've had my grumbles, but tell me a fan who hasn't...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 12, 2022, 7:48pm; Reply: 25

Wrong there pal, I started a "Hurst" praise thread once, yes I've had my grumbles, but tell me a fan who hasn't...

I was pulling your leg mate TBH, apologies if it caused offence.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 12, 2022, 8:27pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I was pulling your leg mate TBH, apologies if it caused offence.

Mate, I didn't take any offence, I'm not that thin skinned. No need for apologies pal... UTM..
Posted by: Maringer, June 14, 2022, 9:24pm; Reply: 27
Good lord, this has been turgid dross from England tonight.

I didn't see much of the first half, but I don't think we've managed a shot on target in the bits I've seen, half of the players haven't been anywhere near good enough on the night and half don't look like they will be good enough. Defence especially have played very negatively with the opposition sitting off them and in combination with Phillips only ever passing backwards, we have never threatened.

Wow, there's the third. Really poor stuff.
Posted by: Maringer, June 14, 2022, 9:26pm; Reply: 28
And a red card! Never a red, mind.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 14, 2022, 10:20pm; Reply: 29
Lost by 4 goals and not scored for the first time ever - in 150 years? If only Kane had played, and for 90 minutes,no wait.................
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:49am