Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LH, June 6, 2022, 12:30am
On this date I left Glanford Park having seen Town beat our dearest local rivals 2-0 thinking one of these clubs is destined for the National League.

A whole lot of off-field balderdash later and there is a footballing miscarriage of justice and we find ourselves as the ones in football’s toilet and Scunny still sitting (not very) pretty in the FL.

I don’t want to say karma is the word but it feels a lot like football has found a balance for this injustice we were victims of and has healed itself.
Posted by: GY1, June 6, 2022, 3:03am; Reply: 1
A day and date to remember!!
Picture this: we are driving from Utah to Idaho on our way to Canada. I have wifi in the car trying to get commentary on the match. No BBC, no Humberside so I'm p*ssed. Only option was the BBC blog, so my wife has the laptop on her knee reading me the posts as we drive down the interstate at 90 miles an hour. When that second goal went in I just about sh*t, my wife dropped the laptop and we nearly left the road. One to remember. Well done all the mariners and staff. No Scunny fixture next year UTMM. 8)
Posted by: GY1, June 6, 2022, 3:06am; Reply: 2
As you can see from the date, I've been drinking!
Posted by: DB, June 6, 2022, 7:33am; Reply: 3
Quoted from GY1
As you can see from the date, I've been drinking!

So have 99.99% of Town fans, a day to celebrate not just in Grimsby but for Town fans around the world. And when we sober up we're in league 2.

Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 4:11am