Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 28, 2022, 3:49pm
What a flipping hero. Nearly had the shirt taken off his back but there was no way he wasn't getting on the end of that throw in. In a team of heroes just an absolute behemoth.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, May 28, 2022, 3:50pm; Reply: 1
Announce a statue at St. Peter’s Ave
Posted by: A.l.f., May 28, 2022, 3:53pm; Reply: 2
Yes all those calling him after his two own goals recently - hang your heads.  He’s a valuable playe for us.  Good job Paul Hurst knows that.  What an incredible match - see you at Stratford next Sunday. UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 28, 2022, 3:57pm; Reply: 3
Amazing comeback from a player who looked like he was finished at GTFC, great character, Also feels like great man management from Hurst.  
Posted by: ginnywings, May 28, 2022, 3:57pm; Reply: 4
My player of the season.

During eccy time, I said Waterfall to get the winner as it would be fitting.

Didn't for a minute think it would happen.

??)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 28, 2022, 3:59pm; Reply: 5
Wrexham's defence didn't go chasing Waterfall
Posted by: Kris2, May 28, 2022, 3:59pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from A.l.f.
Yes all those calling him after his two own goals recently - hang your heads.  He’s a valuable playe for us.  Good job Paul Hurst knows that.  What an incredible match - see you at Stratford next Sunday. UTM

Well there is a reason that none of us pick the team. Scoring an own goal then getting himself immediately sent off was shocking and I'm sure he thinks that. If this was his response in the last couple of games then that just shows his attitude and pride as a pro. He's had a hell of a season.
Posted by: wuffing, May 28, 2022, 4:33pm; Reply: 7
Luke Waterfall: COLOSSUS
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 28, 2022, 4:34pm; Reply: 8
9 goals from a centre half is pretty spectacular
Posted by: jaygy, May 28, 2022, 4:36pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from horsforthmariner
9 goals from a centre half is pretty spectacular

We've struggled to find strikers that can score that many
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 28, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 10
Well played, sir
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 28, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 11
I confess to having a moan after his own goal and red card but maybe he just needed a one match break and that was the way to get it.  Also gave Shaun a much needed run out!
Posted by: RonMariner, May 28, 2022, 5:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from A.l.f.

I am. I was one who critisised him after that game where he was red carded. I hang my head in shame.

Today he was a super hero.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 28, 2022, 5:53pm; Reply: 13
I think on that showing alone GTFC will have several league teams wanting him and quite possibly Wrexham too
Posted by: RonMariner, May 28, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 14
I think on that showing alone GTFC will have several league teams wanting him and quite possibly Wrexham too

On today's showing I think we are going to have to fight to keep MacAtee, Fox, and Mani too.
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, May 28, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from RonMariner

On today's showing I think we are going to have to fight to keep MacAtee, Fox, and Mani too.

Can’t argue with that, hate hearing it though. Really think we need to get promoted to be in with a shout of keeping some of our team

Posted by: fishcake63, May 28, 2022, 7:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from RonMariner

I am. I was one who critisised him after that game where he was red carded. I hang my head in shame.

Today he was a super hero.

Well said sir it takes a man a man to say he was wrong
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2022, 3:03am; Reply: 17
Must be close to being second top scorer?
Posted by: aldi_01, May 29, 2022, 5:47am; Reply: 18
Impossible to sum up Luke Waterfall’s season.

This time last year he could and probably should’ve been shown the door after what he’d probably tell you was his worst season as a pro.

That’s where it starts though, and he is a pro. He’s epitomised everything about the Paul Hurst approach and stood tall as captain. He’s been pretty much an ever present, he’s had 3 partners next to him and our defence has been solid at times.

We faltered in the middle but waterfall remained resolute and led by example. The manager stuck by him and he’s contributed more goals than most of our strikers seemed to have over the last few years.

He’s made a couple of mistakes but he’s shown great bouncebackability and yesterday was the pinnacle of that. He was determined to score those goals and the passion was genuine. A true leader he has been. He’ll lead us out next week and he deserves it. A fitting way to end a great season for him, especially after the previous.

A true professional and a player that we’ll probably look back on fondly. The substitution to bring Pearson on was genius, him and Waterfall were colossal and nullified any chance Wrexham had, Waterfall didn’t put a foot wrong yesterday, the penalty was a disgrace so that can’t be held against him.

Yesterday was horrible and amazing in equal parts but none of us would change it and it was again, fitting that Waterfall should get the winner.

Player of the year, professional of the year.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 29, 2022, 8:46am; Reply: 19
outstanding yesterday  the will to win incredible UTM
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 29, 2022, 8:52am; Reply: 20
There would have been absolutely no complaints from fans if he had been let go last summer and I think there is an interview where Waterfall said that Hurst said he could go if a club came in for him.

He came on as a 90th minute sub against Weymouth on the opening day and then started every league game until he got suspended at the end of the season.

When he drops clangers, he usually pops up the other end with a goal or does something brilliant. It's so fitting that he scored the winner yesterday.
Posted by: Garth, May 29, 2022, 9:25am; Reply: 21
Top man, top player him and Pearson will run through brick walls for the cause.
Finishing champions is a bit low profile, going up through the playoffs could mean losing star players, too much TV coverage
Posted by: Teesknees, May 29, 2022, 9:38am; Reply: 22
Announce a statue at St. Peter’s Ave

Do you mean down St Luke's Aveue?!
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 4:07am