Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Spurn boy, May 26, 2022, 7:58pm
While everyone is busy predicting the team for the Wrexham game and praising everyone for their part in the Notts game I think a bit a praise for Max Crocombe wouldn’t go amiss , it was a big decision by Paul Hurst to replace Macca and many fans including me thought it was the wrong decision but slowly he has built up his confidence to the point of going up in the last minute of normal time and providing a lucky assist with the equaliser. Hopefully he improves to the point that he is first choice for town for years to come.
Posted by: ska face, May 26, 2022, 8:02pm; Reply: 1
Massive save in the first period of ET after a misjudged header from Smith. Can’t really tell from the highlights but he managed to stop it with his left hand when it looked to be past him. He also seems to be as good off his left foot as a McKeown is with his right. Still a bit too keen on a punch for my liking but he does seem to get a decent contact on it 9 times out of 10.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 26, 2022, 8:04pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ska face
Massive save in the first period of ET after a misjudged header from Smith. Can’t really tell from the highlights but he managed to stop it with his left hand when it looked to be past him. He also seems to be as good off his left foot as a McKeown is with his right. Still a bit too keen on a punch for my liking but he does seem to get a decent contact on it 9 times out of 10.

Fans around me were fuming with him for that but I thought it was excellent goalkeeping to rush out and close down the angle after he got sold down the River Trent by Smith.

I think he's a decent keeper and would we have scored if he hadn't gone up on Monday?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 26, 2022, 8:59pm; Reply: 3
I think his assists in the oppositions box are game changers, he’s not bad in goal either.
Posted by: Maringer, May 26, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 4
I thought Crocombe was actually a little slow getting out during that incident as it was there to be collected IMO (despite the needlessly crappy header), but he blocked the shot so ultimately did his job.

Not one to make too many dramatic saves, but competent enough and his kicking is  pretty good for this level which makes a difference. I expect him to be our first choice next season.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 26, 2022, 9:55pm; Reply: 5
I posted after the County game that a few heroes emerged and were rightly praised.  I then highlighted Max for a very solid and reliable performance in the County game, in a thread.

He does not make fancy saves or bad errors that even top PL keepers make occasionally.  Like a good ref, you don’t usually notice him.  Even with limited experience he can handle big games with a large hostile crowd.  His competence is even more needed on Sat.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), May 26, 2022, 9:59pm; Reply: 6
I’m a fan. More please.
Posted by: ska face, May 26, 2022, 10:37pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
I thought Crocombe was actually a little slow getting out during that incident as it was there to be collected IMO (despite the needlessly crappy header), but he blocked the shot so ultimately did his job.

No chance, it came down on the edge of the box when Smith had Wootton up his árse. Smith’s just got too much on the header & put it right back across the face of goal.

No point arguing about it now though. Alls well that ends well.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 26, 2022, 10:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 140381
I’m a fan. More please.

Former farm machinery?
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, May 26, 2022, 11:06pm; Reply: 9
Think he made a couple of fantastic saves actually, one that sticks out for me was when we were 1-0 down and he made a cracking save from close range to keep us in the game
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 27, 2022, 9:26am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer

Not one to make too many dramatic saves, but competent enough and his kicking is  pretty good for this level which makes a difference. I expect him to be our first choice next season.

Think it was another miscommunication between Max and Waterfall, who could easily have got to the ball before their striker as well but at first they left it for each other.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 11:35am