Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinernige, April 27, 2022, 5:16pm
We've got 750 tkts ,go sale friday
Posted by: aldi_01, April 27, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from marinernige
We've got 750 tkts ,go sale friday

I’d imagine they’ll increase that, they gave us more in the playoffs…
Posted by: moosey_club, April 27, 2022, 9:35pm; Reply: 2
Hopefully it's a dead rubber by then and we give the youth a chance , especially the four newly signed lads.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 27, 2022, 10:08pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Hopefully it's a dead rubber by then and we give the youth a chance , especially the four newly signed lads.

I'm hoping we need a result for a home QF. Can't envisage we will have achieved that guaranteed before Eastleigh
Posted by: oochiad, April 27, 2022, 10:22pm; Reply: 4
With 4 games left I doubt it’ll be a dead rubber, hopefully a home playoff tie to play for. We could do with as many seats as they’ll give us!
Posted by: chaos33, April 28, 2022, 4:05am; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club

Can’t see that being the case
Posted by: aldi_01, April 28, 2022, 6:14am; Reply: 6
I think it will be a dead rubber. I’m not arsed whether we’re at home or away to be honest, it’s highly unlikely we’ll finish 2nd or 3rd so I can see a mish mash team and the more I think about it, the number of tickets could be plenty…
Posted by: oochiad, April 28, 2022, 9:38am; Reply: 7
Quoted from aldi_01
I think it will be a dead rubber. I’m not arsed whether we’re at home or away to be honest, it’s highly unlikely we’ll finish 2nd or 3rd so I can see a mish mash team and the more I think about it, the number of tickets could be plenty…

If we finish 4th or 5th it’s a home tie also…….
Posted by: Mariner_09, April 28, 2022, 9:54am; Reply: 8
I'm not sure Hursty will place much emphasis on getting a home tie. He was very clear last time we were down here that he backs his team to beat anyone anywhere. Whether that thinking is altered now, I'm not sure.
Posted by: Poojah, April 28, 2022, 9:58am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'm not sure Hursty will place much emphasis on getting a home tie. He was very clear last time we were down here that he backs his team to beat anyone anywhere. Whether that thinking is altered now, I'm not sure.

You have to consider though that what he says and what he thinks may be two different things. Winning three consecutive games away from BP against the division’s top sides is a considerable ask, something I imagine he’ll be aware of.

If there’s an opportunity to make our path look easier on paper, I suspect we’ll be keen to take it.
Posted by: Mariner_09, April 28, 2022, 10:09am; Reply: 10
I agree Poojah, I think beating say Notts County at home on the Wednesday and then winning at Wrexham on the Saturday is eminently achievable. If you have had to travel, and have won in quite a draining game at Meadow Lane, it makes it harder. That's my position.

I just doubt Hursty subscribes to that view.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 28, 2022, 10:18am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariner_09

ive learnt not too trust too much of Hursty says, he often rules players out or distances hisself from players signing only for them to be in the starting 11 or signing the next day

he'll want a home draw no doubt
Posted by: oochiad, April 28, 2022, 10:42am; Reply: 12
Will the other teams be gracious and give us plenty of tickets knowing how many we will bring?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 28, 2022, 11:54am; Reply: 13
Quoted from oochiad
Will the other teams be gracious and give us plenty of tickets knowing how many we will bring?

Over the season you've got 21 other home games to make up the disadvantage our large away following potentially causes for the home team. In the play-offs, I expect our opponents to offer us the bare minimum. The financial reward of promotion far exceeds any gate receipts our away following brings in.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 28, 2022, 2:43pm; Reply: 14
Why would any team, especially someone like Solihull want to pack out their ground with opposition fans?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 28, 2022, 11:53pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from aldi_01
Why would any team, especially someone like Solihull want to pack out their ground with opposition fans?

The might not have a choice 😉
Posted by: oochiad, April 29, 2022, 3:04am; Reply: 16
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Over the season you've got 21 other home games to make up the disadvantage our large away following potentially causes for the home team. In the play-offs, I expect our opponents to offer us the bare minimum. The financial reward of promotion far exceeds any gate receipts our away following brings in.

Yeah, that is the point I was making…….
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), April 30, 2022, 2:14pm; Reply: 17
I imagine those 750 will sell fast. If anyone can't go I'll buy a spare off anyone (thumbup2)(thumbup)
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 2:58am