Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, April 19, 2022, 11:42pm
Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uecjGAlSmts

Missed loads of chances.

Strange how we contrive to miss all the chances we get against the lower teams, but take them against the better teams.
Posted by: Poojah, April 19, 2022, 11:54pm; Reply: 1
Possibly not the most successful attempt at multiple camera angles I’ve seen; at times like being transported between the present day and a mid-nineties episode of Jeremy Beadle’s You’ve Been Framed, but you can’t fault the effort.

Can’t underestimate the quick footwork of Maguire-Drew in the build up to the goal. He’s got some real quality about him.
Posted by: Croxton, April 20, 2022, 8:18am; Reply: 2
Kings Lynn's Highlights are exactly the same. No point looking!

Having watched the Highlights twice, I still maintain that Mani and Abrahams helped create a number of clear cut chances which were foiled in part by a good goalkeeper. Critics should recall recent misses by JMD and Scannels 'bobble' which was mercifully left out of the highlights. I would even say that Taylors movement and back to the goal style prevents him from getting into 'one on one'  situations in the first place.

I would leave Scannel in his left side role and give Holohan a shot at  McAtee's job.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 20, 2022, 8:24am; Reply: 3
So like many I couldn’t see the goal whilst at the game but it clearly looks like Abrahams was in the right place at the right time which is something we’ve been short of at times.
Posted by: RichMariner, April 20, 2022, 12:32pm; Reply: 4
Blimey. Dieseruvwe missed a hatful of chances!

Not gonna hammer him for it. King's Lynn might be lowly but I reckon Tommy Widdrington's made them harder to beat since taking over. It's not like they're Dover.

For now, given that goals tend to come from all over the pitch, I don't mind a striker missing a few. It didn't cost us in the end. He stuck it in the net against Woking when no one else did. Just part and parcel of being a striker I guess.

I was impressed by the amount of chances we created. This might be massively controversial but I think with two 'handful' strikers up front like Abrahams and Dieseruvwe, the ball sticks up there more. We just lack the quality to stick it in the net - which is where you need the likes of JMD and Holohan, who have an eye for goal in the absence of McAtee (who hopefully won't be out for long).
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah
Possibly not the most successful attempt at multiple camera angles I’ve seen; at times like being transported between the present day and a mid-nineties episode of Jeremy Beadle’s You’ve Been Framed, but you can’t fault the effort.

And I thought it was my eyes, I've just made an appointment at Specsavers 8)
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 20, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 6
"We are Kings Lynn, we are Kings Lynn, no-one likes us, we don't care"

On every possible level the biggest case of misguided self-importance I've ever seen at a football game.  
Posted by: Kris2, April 20, 2022, 4:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from diehardmariner
"We are Kings Lynn, we are Kings Lynn, no-one likes us, we don't care"

On every possible level the biggest case of misguided self-importance I've ever seen at a football game.  

I guess "We are Kings Lynn, we are Kings Lynn, no-one knows who we are, they're indifferent" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 20, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 8
JMD has been a great signing. His composure to set up Abrahams for the winner is what we were missing in the middle of the season when we were losing narrowly most weeks. Turned a possible draw into a win there.

Goals and assists aplenty from him since he arrived and we are told he's not properly fit yet, so the best is yet to come.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 20, 2022, 8:38pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
JMD has been a great signing. His composure to set up Abrahams for the winner is what we were missing in the middle of the season when we were losing narrowly most weeks. Turned a possible draw into a win there.

Goals and assists aplenty from him since he arrived and we are told he's not properly fit yet, so the best is yet to come.

I think Hurst and Doig are looking forward to getting hold of JMD in pre-season. Can't fault him for workrate but he's definitely not the fittest member of our squad. Not going to complain though because he's involved in goals far more frequently than any of our other wide players. Clifton might have a similar return to him but he's pretty much played every game.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 21, 2022, 3:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Kris2

I guess "We are Kings Lynn, we are Kings Lynn, no-one knows who we are, they're indifferent" doesn't have the same ring to it.

I've no time for lazy excuses.   They've had ample opportunity to shoehorn in the names of their rivals; Wisbech Town, Spalding United and their very own 'noisy neighbours' Terrington St Clement.  
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 5:31am