Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Humbercod, April 14, 2022, 3:54pm
Tories just got my vote backšŸ˜€
Posted by: Maringer, April 14, 2022, 4:32pm; Reply: 1
Can't see what Humbo as posted as I've still got him blocked, but I suspect he's saying what a bloody good idea it is (if I've read the situation wrong, then I apologise).

I agree with the sentiments of a post I read on another forum (slightly paraphrased):

"So, it seems that the plan is to give mostly Muslim young men (many of whom speak English) a one-way ticket to a country in the middle of Africa which has a history of human rights abuses and ethnic violence. That is 90%+ Christian, and English is the third language. Where LGBT rights are problematic. Where the president is a former army officer who has been in office for over 20 years, changed the electoral law to his benefit, banned opposition parties and disqualified potential opponents, and as a result has been elected with over 90% of the vote three times.

This would not be the first time the UK has set up camps in Africa to hold civilians it didnā€™t care for.

The prospect of my country treating desperate people in this inhuman manner disgusts me."
Posted by: Maringer, April 14, 2022, 4:40pm; Reply: 2
From another aspect, I wonder if we'll spend levels of money as astronomical as the Aussies have in offshoring their asylum seekers:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/nov/07/cost-of-australia-holding-each-refugee-on-nauru-balloons-to-43m-a-year

I suspect that somebody, somewhere, with close links to government will end up trousering vast amounts of money to try to get this scheme underway.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 14, 2022, 5:37pm; Reply: 3
Well you stick to voting tory you flipping idiot
Posted by: LH, April 14, 2022, 6:17pm; Reply: 4
How thick have you got to be to believe that this is actually a serious plan? Itā€™s the most ridiculous deflection theyā€™ve come out with - no mean feat.
Posted by: Humbercod, April 15, 2022, 8:31am; Reply: 5
Very happy to see this story is upsetting all the right people.
Gone down very well on social media sites with the vast majority also very happy with this.  šŸ˜Ž
Posted by: aldi_01, April 15, 2022, 10:26am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Humbercod
Gone down very well on social media sites with the vast majority also very happy with this.  šŸ˜Ž

You know what an echo chamber is right?
Posted by: Stadium, April 15, 2022, 6:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Humbercod

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQPPEt3XEAYi1v8?format=jpg&name=small
Posted by: chaos33, April 15, 2022, 6:34pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Humbercod

You know when you post your utterly, consistently  thick, ill informed, illiterate sh1t, and absolutely nobody agrees with it everā€¦? . Does it actually occur to you that you might be utterly mistaken and, in fact, completely dense?
Posted by: Humbercod, April 17, 2022, 7:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33

You know when you post your utterly, consistently  thick, ill informed, illiterate sh1t, and absolutely nobody agrees with it everā€¦? . Does it actually occur to you that you might be utterly mistaken and, in fact, completely dense?

Blown away by your intelligence šŸ˜‚
Posted by: Humbercod, April 18, 2022, 6:14am; Reply: 10
I would be more moved by the leftā€™s howls of anguish over the plan to ship economic migrants to hotel Rwanda if it could come up with a more realistic alternative than ā€œlet everybody in, all the timeā€, which is obviously impossible.
The lefties have no answer to the facts that the economic migrants arriving on our coasts are almost entirely young men who have pushed to the head of the queue, leaving behind the really vulnerable- women, children, the elderly, the infirm. There is no recognition of this.
In other words it is howling for the sake of howling: virtual howling, occasioned by an idiotic refusal to look at outcomes rather than how they feel.

Rod Liddle gets it!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 18, 2022, 9:22am; Reply: 11
Typical. Whenever the Tories are down in the polls and beset with scandals, they conjure up an announcement about immigration or asylum seekers. Gets the mindless gammons straight back onside
Posted by: chaos33, April 18, 2022, 2:42pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Humbercod
I would be more moved by the leftā€™s howls of anguish over the plan to ship economic migrants to hotel Rwanda if it could come up with a more realistic alternative than ā€œlet everybody in, all the timeā€, which is obviously impossible.
The lefties have no answer to the facts that the economic migrants arriving on our coasts are almost entirely young men who have pushed to the head of the queue, leaving behind the really vulnerable- women, children, the elderly, the infirm. There is no recognition of this.
In other words it is howling for the sake of howling: virtual howling, occasioned by an idiotic refusal to look at outcomes rather than how they feel.

Rod Liddle gets it!

You do understand the difference between economic migrants and asylum seekers, right?

I thought Brexit gave us back control of our borders! What a load of cobblers.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 18, 2022, 7:01pm; Reply: 13
Went to a beer festival on Saturday and there was some bloke banging on about migrants. Apparently it's their fault that prices in the UK are rocketing.

How fooking thick are some people?
Posted by: aldi_01, April 18, 2022, 9:48pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings
Went to a beer festival on Saturday and there was some bloke banging on about migrants. Apparently it's their fault that prices in the UK are rocketing.

How fooking thick are some people?

Veryā€¦
Posted by: Humbercod, April 20, 2022, 10:31am; Reply: 15
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsbys-st-james-hotel-shut-6970162

Brilliant news!  this will do wonders for the town centre šŸ˜‚
Posted by: LH, April 20, 2022, 2:27pm; Reply: 16
Havenā€™t they suffered enough?

I donā€™t understand the logic that forcing people to go to Rwanda is going to bring down the illegal boat crossings. If you can bypass five years in Rwanda by sneaking in on a boat surely thatā€™s only going to increase the boat crossings?
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 11:16pm