Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 8, 2022, 3:18pm
4 more apprentices have signed their 1st contract with us.

Well done to Neil Woods for this.

https://gtfc.co.uk/welcome-to-the-class-of-2022/
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2022, 6:19pm; Reply: 1
Notice they make them all sit to sign so they don't tower over both adults !!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 8, 2022, 6:32pm; Reply: 2
Are the shirts in frames a new thing? Quite a good idea!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, April 8, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 3
Neil woods is a gift to this club, we produced plenty of youth before he became first team manager, hardly any youth in the time he was away from the club and produced plenty since he was back, including the ones that have all been poached by bigger clubs
Posted by: ginnywings, April 8, 2022, 7:23pm; Reply: 4
Don't know much about these lads but I was quite impressed with Tomlinson when I last went to a reserve game.
Posted by: LH, April 8, 2022, 8:37pm; Reply: 5
Saw Essel in the Clee friendly and he ran and ran and ran. He might have even come on for Grant in that game?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 8, 2022, 8:39pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH
Saw Essel in the Clee friendly and he ran and and ran ran. He might have even come on for Grant in that game?

Essel came on for Taylor after 10 minutes I think and did brilliantly. The pressure to be at the top end of the league has probably prevented him getting more opportunities but I can't remember the last time we gave out 4 deals.
Posted by: Tommy, April 8, 2022, 9:23pm; Reply: 7
Great news. Well done to the 4 lads and to all the coaching staff involved in their development.

Looking forward to seeing them develop and progress - hopefully with us.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 8, 2022, 11:03pm; Reply: 8
Just great to see. Hopefully at least a couple are challenging for the match day squad next season.
Posted by: Stew0_0, April 9, 2022, 8:50am; Reply: 9
Braithwaite and Essel in particular impressed me in pre season. Essel has scored 25 goals during his scholarship, Tomlinson I've heard good things about and 15 goals and 16 assists in his season from centre midfield is some stat and for a young lad Bramwell has a good frame for a centre half at 6ft 3. Sounds like a cultured CB who can play out from the back. All 3 sound very promising so again well done Woodsey.

Our youth team is more than paying for itself in recent years especially with 3 players including Matty Pollock commanding 6 figure fees and joining premier League and championship sides just this pre season.

Clifton, Wright, Goundry, Adlard and Battersby obviously came through this route and already contribute to the 1st team squad so long may it continue as for a club at our level this is key to the future of our success.

Great work all round
Utm
Posted by: lukeo, April 9, 2022, 9:35am; Reply: 10
They sound a little too promising  ;D
Look forward to seeing them in town shirts soon.. Wouldn't it be great if we had cemented a spot in the play offs and last game we could give a couple of these lads a run out.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, April 9, 2022, 9:52pm; Reply: 11
Neil Woods is a club legend . For a club the size of gtfc he’s done so well with the budget he’s had . Hopefully the new owners will put more ££ his way to encourage more local talent to stay with us .
And it’s not gone unnoticed how well our youth teams have done in the recent years by the fans . Looking forward to more lads coming through rather than the dross we’ve signed over the last 20 years who couldn’t give a sh.it
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:18pm