Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 27, 2022, 8:33am
According to some on other NL forums it’s not  at Wembley this year due to some womens competition ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 27, 2022, 8:37am; Reply: 1
It doesn’t need to be. The record is the 65,000 for our game against Bristol Rovers.

Somewhere more northerly would be better anyway.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 27, 2022, 8:42am; Reply: 2
It is at wembley
Posted by: golfer, March 27, 2022, 8:57am; Reply: 3
The only womens competitions that I know of at Wembley this year are the Womens Euro's which take place in July so I am looking forward to seeing Town there again.
Posted by: It Bites, March 27, 2022, 9:48am; Reply: 4
Should move it to Spurs ground . It's the best ground in the country
Posted by: aldi_01, March 27, 2022, 9:52am; Reply: 5
Quoted from It Bites
Should move it to Spurs ground . It's the best ground in the country

Proper twit to get to…

I couldn’t careless where it is, but as a player, why shouldn’t  they get the chance to play at Wembley…
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 27, 2022, 10:03am; Reply: 6
[quote=120785]It doesn’t need to be.

Really ..

Posted by: Youngy, March 27, 2022, 10:14am; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It doesn’t need to be. The record is the 65,000 for our game against Bristol Rovers.

Somewhere more northerly would be better anyway.

I agree, the FA Trophy final needs Wembley, it's essentially the only attractive proposition of the tournament however the prize for the Play Off final outweighs the need for Wembley.

Though if the final ends up being  Wrexham vs Us/Chesterfield or Notts County this summer, that record might just get smashed
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 27, 2022, 10:32am; Reply: 8
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
[quote=120785]It doesn’t need to be.

Really ..

Yes. Really. Look at the crowds they get. Also this year it’s likely to be mostly fans from northerly areas: Wrexham, Chesterfield, Solihull (who won’t bring many anyway), Grimsby. Bromley and Borehamwood will have about as many as Forest Green.

Wembley prices are ridiculous. Too.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 27, 2022, 11:39am; Reply: 9
Old Trafford would be perfect if it's any two of us, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts or Chesterfield. Villa Park if it's any of the above vs Solihull, Daggers, Bromley or Borehamwood. I agree that Wembley is unnecessarily big for a National League playoff final. Nothing worse than seeing a sea of red seats and about 3,000 fans
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 27, 2022, 11:46am; Reply: 10
They’re not going to change the venue depending on who’s in it.
Posted by: oochiad, March 27, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 11
It’s at Wembley
Posted by: pizzzza, March 27, 2022, 3:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Just looked at Wembley events all the playoffs are scheduled but no mention on non league play off
But sat 14 may is available after that it’s pretty full

Not sure where you're looking but I'm pretty sure 14th May is FA Cup Final day so Wembley will of course not be available, besides we don't play our last game of the season until the day after.

The play off final will take place at Wembley on Sunday 5th June, no doubt about it. Pointless thread really.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 27, 2022, 4:00pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from pizzzza

Not sure where you're looking but I'm pretty sure 14th May is FA Cup Final day so Wembley will of course not be available, besides we don't play our last game of the season until the day after.

The play off final will take place at Wembley on Sunday 5th June, no doubt about it. Pointless thread really.

Yeah didn’t look at our last game thought it was early may
Posted by: aldi_01, March 27, 2022, 7:47pm; Reply: 14
According to the vague dates offered by the national league, the playoffs don’t actually start until 25th May.

Super quick turn around that…
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 27, 2022, 10:31pm; Reply: 15
Wembley has to host as many games as possible to pay for itself. Absolutely no chance of it not being at Wembley. It only got held somewhere else last season because of the Euros.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 28, 2022, 9:14am; Reply: 16
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Wembley has to host as many games as possible to pay for itself. Absolutely no chance of it not being at Wembley. It only got held somewhere else last season because of the Euros.

This is it exactly.

Why would the fa hold it elsewhere when they can make money and inconvenience supporters.

Only have to look at the debacle around the Man City/Liverpool fa cup semi final to realise that.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, March 28, 2022, 9:25am; Reply: 17
Quoted from aldi_01
According to the vague dates offered by the national league, the playoffs don’t actually start until 25th May.

Super quick turn around that…

Yes very poor from them, they have the last game of the season as Sat 21st May but it's Sunday 15th.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/key-dates-confirmed-for-vanarama-national-league-s-66011
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 2, 2022, 11:23am; Reply: 18
Dates confirned now for the play-offs, it doesn't actual say the final is at Wembley but "at a venue to be confirmed"

FULL SCHEDULE:

Wed 25 May – Eliminator A – 5th v 6th

Thur 26 May – Eliminator B – 4th v 7th

Sat 28 May – Semi Final – 2nd v winner of Eliminator A

Sun 29 May – Semi Final – 3rd v winner of Eliminator B

Sat 4 June/Sun 5 June – Promotion Final (Venue to be confirmed)
Posted by: Brazilnut, April 2, 2022, 11:51am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Les Brechin
Dates confirned now for the play-offs, it doesn't actual say the final is at Wembley but "at a venue to be confirmed"

FULL SCHEDULE:

Wed 25 May – Eliminator A – 5th v 6th

Thur 26 May – Eliminator B – 4th v 7th

Sat 28 May – Semi Final – 2nd v winner of Eliminator A

Sun 29 May – Semi Final – 3rd v winner of Eliminator B

Sat 4 June/Sun 5 June – Promotion Final (Venue to be confirmed)

Not that I am in the know or anything ....but seeing we are hosting the womens Euros ......dont UEFA  have some sort of rule that a stadium cant be used for a certain time before tournaments etc .........cant put my finger on where i read this  but something is tinkling in back of my mind
Posted by: Abdul19, April 2, 2022, 12:04pm; Reply: 20
The only game at Wembley in the Women's Euros is the final on July 31.
Posted by: Marinerdeano, April 3, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 21
I was pretty certain the final was on the Sunday and could do with knowing. It seems strange that this is not fully confirmed yet. Is it likely to be the Sunday?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 3, 2022, 7:40pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

This is it exactly.

Why would the fa hold it elsewhere when they can make money and inconvenience supporters.

Only have to look at the debacle around the Man City/Liverpool fa cup semi final to realise that.

Quite possible, probable even on current form, that the southernmost team in the play-offs is Solihull. Even if Borehamwood or Bromley make the final they will have feck all fans at it. Where is the consideration of fuel cost, congestion cost and carbon cost of dragging midlands and northern fans down to London. Should have it at Villa Park or Elland Road, but they won't bcause they are cv^ts

Posted by: lukeo, April 3, 2022, 8:00pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Quite possible, probable even on current form, that the southernmost team in the play-offs is Solihull. Even if Borehamwood or Bromley make the final they will have feck all fans at it. Where is the consideration of fuel cost, congestion cost and carbon cost of dragging midlands and northern fans down to London. Should have it at Villa Park or Elland Road, but they won't bcause they are cv^ts

Fuel cost? Congestion cost? Carbon cost? Why would they care about any of that, they're not going to the game... Oohhhh you mean the fans, you think they care what we think or go through? Nah. 💷 💷 💷 💷
Posted by: oochiad, April 3, 2022, 8:18pm; Reply: 24
Well I’ll be annoyed, I booked my hotel a few weeks ago for the Sunday the final as stated on various sites including Wembley.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 3, 2022, 8:28pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

To be fair, Wembley, old Trafford or even villa park, fuel cost will remain the same, congestion’s costs shouldn’t be incurred unless people have gone a very confusing way to Wembley.

I agree that potentially there could be intercourse all folk there but why shouldn’t we and our players get chance to play at Wembley?

Fans don’t matter to anyone that makes these decisions anyway…
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 3, 2022, 8:28pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from pizzzza

the venue isn’t confirmed so hardly pointless is it
Posted by: Davec, April 3, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 27
I notice Wembley stadium are no longer listing the final on their website.

I assume it will be Wembley but surely they need to confirm it sometime soon, we are just over 2 months away from the game
Posted by: Hagrid, April 3, 2022, 9:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Davec
I notice Wembley stadium are no longer listing the final on their website.

I assume it will be Wembley but surely they need to confirm it sometime soon, we are just over 2 months away from the game

This is the national league……. They dont do things correctly!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 4, 2022, 1:19pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Brazilnut

Not that I am in the know or anything ....but seeing we are hosting the womens Euros ......dont UEFA  have some sort of rule that a stadium cant be used for a certain time before tournaments etc .........cant put my finger on where i read this  but something is tinkling in back of my mind

I just read this as "The women might be playing and you can't put your finger on it".....  sounds a bit like a script for a Carry On film  ;)
Posted by: Poojah, April 4, 2022, 2:06pm; Reply: 30
If it’s not Wembley (or anywhere in London) the options are fairly limited. As things stand, there’s a reasonable chance the play-off final will be between two of the bigger ex-league clubs with decent followings. Assuming a midlands / northern venue, I’d imagine that a Notts County v Wrexham final would bring about the largest crowd.

That rules out places like Villa Park as it only holds around 43,000, when we could potentially be looking at a crowd in the region of 60,000 given the right circumstances. That probably renders the likes of Anfield and the Etihad too small and the Millenium Stadium would be considered too favourable to Wrexham, so you’d basically be relying on the availability of Old Trafford.

If the powers that be don’t have a firm plan already, they need to get a move on.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 4, 2022, 2:13pm; Reply: 31
It's urine poor if they don't have a venue yet, surely these big stadia need booking months in advance. It's alright talking about capacities and the geography of these grounds but I bet a fair number of PL teams spunk their millions ripping up their pitch each summer and the rest are hosting bloody Ed Sheeran concerts. What are we gonna be left with?

(Of course I am now talking like we are already in the final  ;D )
Posted by: RichMariner, April 4, 2022, 2:13pm; Reply: 32
I work with someone who deals with the EFL through sponsorship.

Obviously all three EFL play-off finals are being played at Wembley and, as of last month, I was told by him that the National League play-off final would also be at Wembley (as it has been for many years now).

It seems that it was pencilled in for Wembley — if it's changed, then it's a change that's happened recently.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 4, 2022, 2:17pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from RichMariner
I was told by him that the National League play-off final would also be at Wembley (as it has been for many years now).

Until last year ;)
Posted by: Poojah, April 4, 2022, 2:19pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from RichMariner
I work with someone who deals with the EFL through sponsorship.

Obviously all three EFL play-off finals are being played at Wembley and, as of last month, I was told by him that the National League play-off final would also be at Wembley (as it has been for many years now).

It seems that it was pencilled in for Wembley — if it's changed, then it's a change that's happened recently.

It wasn’t at Wembley last year as the final clashed with the Euros. It was played instead at Bristol City’s Ashton Gate, which was ideal for Hartlepool fans given the short, 275 mile, 5+ hour journey.

A reminder not to expect too much considerations for the fans from the National League, whatever happens…
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 6, 2022, 12:47pm; Reply: 35
That weekend is also The Queen's Jubilee Celebration weekend so maybe a reason why Wembley hasn't been confirmed yet.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 6, 2022, 3:08pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Les Brechin
That weekend is also The Queen's Jubilee Celebration weekend so maybe a reason why Wembley hasn't been confirmed yet.

The rail companies are being massive bellends too. There’s a huge event at knebworth that originally had extra trains organised etc. but they’ve now been removed.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 6, 2022, 5:13pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

Think of all the quaint celebratory street parties in the surrounding areas that we could gate-crash  ;D
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Poojah

It wasn’t at Wembley last year as the final clashed with the Euros. It was played instead at Bristol City’s Ashton Gate, which was ideal for Hartlepool fans given the short, 275 mile, 5+ hour journey.

A reminder not to expect too much considerations for the fans from the National League, whatever happens…

The only options last season were football grounds that also hosted Rugby clubs as the Final was so late all the football only stadiums big enough had already ripped their pitches up.
Posted by: toontown, April 6, 2022, 10:44pm; Reply: 39
With the fa trophy final on 22nd May one of Wrexham or Bromley could be playing a play off tie just 3 days later then. Unlikely in the case of Wrexham as I'm sure they will be top 3 at least but definitely within the bounds of possibility for Bromley, although more likely 4 days later if they finish 7th.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 6, 2022, 11:03pm; Reply: 40
Blundell Park is free if they need a venue
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 14, 2022, 9:05pm; Reply: 41
West Ham’s ground apparently
Posted by: ponnyfan, April 15, 2022, 6:11am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Son of Cod
Old Trafford would be perfect if it's any two of us, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts or Chesterfield. Villa Park if it's any of the above vs Solihull, Daggers, Bromley or Borehamwood. I agree that Wembley is unnecessarily big for a National League playoff final. Nothing worse than seeing a sea of red seats and about 3,000 fans

And it’s always bloody freezing 😂
Posted by: ponnyfan, April 15, 2022, 6:11am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Son of Cod

And it’s always bloody freezing 😂
Posted by: ponnyfan, April 15, 2022, 8:19am; Reply: 44
It’s at London Stadium
Posted by: aldi_01, April 15, 2022, 8:26am; Reply: 45
So, this seems like a badly thought out idea. Let’s assume town and Wrexham get to the final, there’s a genuine possibility that not everyone could get a ticket…

Now I’m fully aware it could also be Solihull and Halifax and you’d only need a ground that holds 5000 but still…
Posted by: Poojah, April 15, 2022, 8:41am; Reply: 46
Quoted from aldi_01
So, this seems like a badly thought out idea. Let’s assume town and Wrexham get to the final, there’s a genuine possibility that not everyone could get a ticket…

Now I’m fully aware it could also be Solihull and Halifax and you’d only need a ground that holds 5000 but still…

This was my initial thought but I think it should just about scrape through regardless of the teams which make it through.

There were 35,000 at the 2013 FA Trophy final between Town and Wrexham, which was their first ever appearance at Wembley.

I definitely think Town would take more under the current circumstances than we did then; it will definitely be a damn site warmer than it was that day. Wrexham too would almost certainly take more, and I’d be surprised if the Hollywood boys didn’t put on as much free travel as demand necessitated, but that still gives you a 25,000 buffer.

I think the biggest combination in terms of attendance would be Wrexham vs Notts County, but even then I reckon the ground would manage. Let’s hope it’s something we get to worry about in a few weeks’ time.
Posted by: toontown, April 15, 2022, 8:59am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Poojah

This was my initial thought but I think it should just about scrape through regardless of the teams which make it through.

There were 35,000 at the 2013 FA Trophy final between Town and Wrexham, which was their first ever appearance at Wembley.

I definitely think Town would take more under the current circumstances than we did then; it will definitely be a damn site warmer than it was that day. Wrexham too would almost certainly take more, and I’d be surprised if the Hollywood boys didn’t put on as much free travel as demand necessitated, but that still gives you a 25,000 buffer.

I think the biggest combination in terms of attendance would be Wrexham vs Notts County, but even then I reckon the ground would manage. Let’s hope it’s something we get to worry about in a few weeks’ time.

Yeah 47k at the brovers vs grimsby final which is the conference play off record isn't it? So should be enough but I suppose just might be reached with Wrexham and County.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 15, 2022, 4:05pm; Reply: 48
Sadly I don’t think it matters where the game is, I can’t see us getting there.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 15, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from RonMariner
Sadly I don’t think it matters where the game is, I can’t see us getting there.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

might help
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, April 15, 2022, 5:36pm; Reply: 50
It is what it is, weve had plenty of wembley days out, im sure we'd all enjoy the london stadium if we get the chance to go and in sure itll be our favourite stadium if we won a playoff final there
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 4:12am