Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: supertown, March 22, 2022, 8:08am
With all the teams around us playing each other I think tonight’s game is the biggest of the season so far . Need a victory . Come on Town , keep the season alive
Posted by: Poojah, March 22, 2022, 8:34am; Reply: 1
It is indeed a big evening, with Notts County at home to Boreham Wood and Bromley with a tricky tie away at Yeovil. With Dagenham away as well, we could have the opportunity to put them out of the picture on Saturday.

I maintain, though, that the most important thing is not to lose games like tonight. I would be delighted with 4 points from our next two games, both at home of course, as it would put us in great shape for our final 11 games.

Despite the challenges we’ve had in central midfield, assuming the Irish lad does indeed sign today, I think the squad is looking in pretty good shape with Maguire Drew and Taylor coming back to fitness, Scannell seemingly ready and available and the likes of Fox hopefully not too far away either.

A few weeks ago I felt we were a long shot for the play-offs. A lot rests on these next two games, but as I sit here this morning I feel about as confident about our prospects as I have done since we came out of our mid-season tailspin.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 22, 2022, 8:57am; Reply: 2
If we win this we’ll jump above our opponents in the play off positions, that’s what true play off contenders do, come on Town!!
Posted by: thefish, March 22, 2022, 9:11am; Reply: 3
With some tough games in the next few, followed by an easier run towards the end of the season, I think we need to just stay in touch.

If we can be 'around' the playoffs after the match with Stockport, you'd hope we could put a bit of a run together in those last few games to cement a place within them!*

*If only it were that easy!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 22, 2022, 9:15am; Reply: 4
Us and Boreham Wood go into the last week of the season with a game in hand which could be very key. Which team has a free weekend on the last day of the season? Is it one of our play-off rivals?
Posted by: Kristine, March 22, 2022, 9:38am; Reply: 5
No only team not playing last round of fixtures is Kings Lynn I think
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 22, 2022, 9:43am; Reply: 6
Without using the term 'must win', I think a win tonight would be a great statement of intent for the remaining fixtures. Fully aware that we've got to play D & R, Chesterfield, Stockport & Boreham Wood but three of those games are at home and with the impending arrival of Holohan and others returning, we should be looking to win our home fixtures.
Posted by: Mayaman, March 22, 2022, 9:47am; Reply: 7
Bit thin for choices in central midfield.  As much as I like Taylor, I would like Mani to start , he is a presence.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 22, 2022, 12:08pm; Reply: 8
If we win and Notts County draw then we jump 3 places to 5th.  That would be an achievement.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, March 22, 2022, 1:55pm; Reply: 9
It is going to get rather bouncy! Wish all well in the Pontoon. #UTM
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 22, 2022, 4:15pm; Reply: 10
They must win tonight after the male masturbation non-show at their place. They owe it to all of the poor sods that got parking tickets that night.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 22, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
They must win tonight after the male masturbation non-show at their place. They owe it to all of the poor sods that got parking tickets that night.

And the people who decided that they were having a sober month that month and therefore had to watch that match not drunk.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 22, 2022, 9:50pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from supertown
With all the teams around us playing each other I think tonight’s game is the biggest of the season so far . Need a victory . Come on Town , keep the season alive

Well that went well   :-/

Posted by: GrimRob, March 22, 2022, 11:42pm; Reply: 13
Definitely not the biggest game  :)
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, March 23, 2022, 8:40am; Reply: 14
Guess the biggest game is now Sat..
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 23, 2022, 11:11am; Reply: 15
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Guess the biggest game is now Sat..

Every game we play from here on in should be our biggest game.

There should be no 'this team are below us in the league so should be easy pickings' attitude. We HAVE to put out out strongest team every game and play to win, and win well. No sitting back on a 1-0 hoping to hold on. Let the other teams worry about what we will do rather than them knowing what we will undoubtedly do.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 10:16pm