Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 12, 2022, 5:01pm

10 points adrift with only 10 games to play and a far inferior goal difference.

Even an average of 1.5 points per game probably wouldn't be enough now.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 12, 2022, 5:09pm; Reply: 1
Whatever happened to "lincsironman" who barracked us last season so heavily...well to you my son.."mind the gap"!!..
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 12, 2022, 5:12pm; Reply: 2
I was just going to start a thread on who people think would be the first team across the top 4 leagues to be relegated.

It'll be tight between Scunny and Crewe I think.

There's no question about our league. Dover are 35 points from safety.........and there's only 36 to play for!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 12, 2022, 6:00pm; Reply: 3
1st class sh1thousery 😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/rosscofowler/status/1502683970814857222?s=21

Some Town supporters digging into their pockets to help a local charity case 🙂
Posted by: tintowner, March 12, 2022, 6:02pm; Reply: 4
I well remember (like many others) a number of their fans gleefully trolling us when we were relegated in 2010.
So forgive me when I say that I am absolutely loving their ongoing demise.

I think the future for them will be quite a struggle as Swann has stated that they must be self sufficient. Cant see Keith Hill hanging around despite him saying that he will be there next season (most of their fans dont want him anyway).

Can see them passing straight through to NL North.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 12, 2022, 6:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

10 points adrift with only 10 games to play and a far inferior goal difference.

Even an average of 1.5 points per game probably wouldn't be enough now.

I don't think they will take anything like the 6 years it took us to get out of here last time. Unfortunately for them though, they will probably be leaving at the other end of the table.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 12, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from tintowner
I well remember (like many others) a number of their fans gleefully trolling us when we were relegated in 2010.
So forgive me when I say that I am absolutely loving their ongoing demise.

I think the future for them will be quite a struggle as Swann has stated that they must be self sufficient. Cant see Keith Hill hanging around despite him saying that he will be there next season (most of their fans dont want him anyway).

Can see them passing straight through to NL North.

Is Keith Hill all that ?
Posted by: tintowner, March 12, 2022, 6:18pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Is Keith Hill all that ?

Certainly not at Scunny ...... his record is worse than that of Neil Cox.
Posted by: lukeo, March 12, 2022, 6:25pm; Reply: 8
Can I just confirm this is NOT me (this time  ;D ) I was at Yeovil.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 12, 2022, 6:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
1st class sh1thousery 😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/rosscofowler/status/1502683970814857222?s=21

Some Town supporters digging into their pockets to help a local charity case 🙂

Scott Woodthorpe got there early and put it up before he went live on Humberside.
Posted by: Barrattstander, March 12, 2022, 6:31pm; Reply: 10
And on current form Stevenage will shortly be joining them in the bottom two.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 12, 2022, 6:40pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Barrattstander
And on current form Stevenage will shortly be joining them in the bottom two.

It's nuts in that league, 4 points separates 2nd and 9th!
Posted by: exiledmeggie, March 12, 2022, 7:00pm; Reply: 12
Listened to Hullbersude after the match, of course listening to Town, to see they still will not get in and question Swann! He has previous, taking Gainsborough Trinity from nearness to the EFL to oblivion. It has been a while, but he is taking the Scunts in the same direction. Under the rules of the Conference, I can see the Scunts doing what Boston Utd. did, not be accepted.

Thankfully, while we had our downs overt the last few years, we are still a viable club, with a fan base throughout the country.
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 12, 2022, 8:27pm; Reply: 13
Karma doesn't take long in football to bite you in the behind, they were pathological in there glee when we went down in 2010, some even attending our games at the end of the season to witness our demise, needless to say,it would be nice to think a few town fans will be in attendance at glumford ark to see those scunt idiots crying.
It would be churlish not to.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 12, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 14
They laughed and laughted at us both times …their not laughing now intercourse em  I say I couldn’t give a toss about them
Posted by: ginnywings, March 12, 2022, 9:12pm; Reply: 15
That was it for Scunny ages ago. They have been as good as down for weeks before the defeat today.

Galling thing is, if we had beaten them at Glumford Park last season, they would have gone down a season earlier instead of us.

Even more galling is that they have only won 39 of their last 165 league games, yet  somehow managed to stay in the league longer than us.

Then there is illegitimate Stevenage, who somehow keep scraping by. In the truncated covid season, they won only 3 games, then got a reprieve.

So, I'm rather hoping that it's those two who get to taste non league footy next season. Especially as it will be back to where they belong for Stevenage.
Posted by: White_shorts, March 16, 2022, 3:57pm; Reply: 16
Two pathetic attendances against relegation rivals. Passionate, vocal full houses might have been the difference between narrow defeats and vital wins. Four points from safety instead of ten.
Posted by: Youngy, March 16, 2022, 4:32pm; Reply: 17
Considering how bad we were last season, Scunny need 6 wins and 2 draws from their last 9 games just to equal our points total.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 16, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Youngy
Considering how bad we were last season, Scunny need 6 wins and 2 draws from their last 9 games just to equal our points total.

They've won 4 in 37. Not a lot of chance of winning 6 in 9!  :)
Posted by: acko338, March 17, 2022, 9:15am; Reply: 19
Sold a player back to the Daggers yesterday.. for an undisclosed fee.... the big clear out begins !

Many more sending offs and they will struggle to.put a team out !

Can see more going out to non league soon to lower their wages bill before the end of March !!
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 9:22am; Reply: 20
Quoted from acko338
Sold a player back to the Daggers yesterday.. for an undisclosed fee.... the big clear out begins !

Many more sending offs and they will struggle to.put a team out !

Can see more going out to non league soon to lower their wages bill before the end of March !!

Manny Onarise. Played 34 times for them this season, starting as recently as Saturday. Very odd behaviour from a club ‘fighting’ for its life.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 9:30am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Manny Onarise. Played 34 times for them this season, starting as recently as Saturday. Very odd behaviour from a club ‘fighting’ for its life.

Certainly an odd thing to do as you fight for safety. He says he's nothing like Fenty but keeps the fees undisclosed I see.
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 9:47am; Reply: 22
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Certainly an odd thing to do as you fight for safety. He says he's nothing like Fenty but keeps the fees undisclosed I see.

I still firmly believe that, when he’s finally finished with Scunny, he will be seen as objectively worse than Fenty. This is only the beginning for them.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 10:00am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Poojah

I still firmly believe that, when he’s finally finished with Scunny, he will be seen as objectively worse than Fenty. This is only the beginning for them.

Where "investment" from Alex May would have taken us we will never know but at least Fenty left us with a serviceable debt and a ground that we still own. Peter Swann owns the ground although he said he's giving it back soon which I will believe when I see. I'm sure their debt to him is 8 figures (or at least it was) and his cost cutting makes our spending under Squeaky look over the top.

2000 there the other night as they "fight" for their league status. Season ticket revenue for next season doesn't look like being much does it? It took us 6 years last time but at least they look like getting out of this league at the first attempt next season.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 17, 2022, 10:48am; Reply: 24
Looks like another club all but destroyed by mis management.
Posted by: Meza, March 17, 2022, 5:27pm; Reply: 25
i thought NL clubs can only sign loan players upto end of March and free transfers till end of April, but this one was an actual money transfer outside the window.  must have changed again without realising.
Posted by: acko338, March 17, 2022, 8:07pm; Reply: 26
And today, a Scunthorpe coach leaves to go to Peterborough as a senior coach !

Exodus !!
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 8:10pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from acko338
And today, a Scunthorpe coach leaves to go to Peterborough as a senior coach !

Exodus !!

I’m quite enjoying this new Scunny live stream…

[img]https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6Mbmx4k4D0xwSRDa/200.gif[/img]
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 17, 2022, 8:17pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I heard Daggers paid 11M 🤣🤣
Posted by: RonMariner, March 17, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 29
Might be wrong but it looks to me very much like the owners have thrown the towel in and are now just trying to save a few quid on wages.

Fans would surely want thew club to keep fighting until relegation is a mathematical certainty. The team should give all they have to try and pull off an escape, even if it looks hopeless. Plenty of sides have made unlikely escapes in the past.

To simply give up, if indeed that is what is happening, would be totally inexcusable and would show utter contempt for the club and its fans. If the fans adopted that approach they be playing their last few games in an empty stadium.
Posted by: bawarmy, March 17, 2022, 9:05pm; Reply: 30
The overweight lady is definitely clearing her throat.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2022, 9:12pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from bawarmy
The overweight lady is definitely clearing her throat.

She is also apparently posting videos on tik tok and twitter...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 17, 2022, 10:31pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from RonMariner
Might be wrong but it looks to me very much like the owners have thrown the towel in and are now just trying to save a few quid on wages.

Fans would surely want thew club to keep fighting until relegation is a mathematical certainty. The team should give all they have to try and pull off an escape, even if it looks hopeless. Plenty of sides have made unlikely escapes in the past.

To simply give up, if indeed that is what is happening, would be totally inexcusable and would show utter contempt for the club and its fans. If the fans adopted that approach they be playing their last few games in an empty stadium.

They’re well on the way to that already. The fans certainly aren’t rallying round in numbers are they.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 18, 2022, 10:09am; Reply: 33
The numbers going through their gates are interesting.

Hypothetically, if we could have gone to BP 12 months ago and Fenty was still holding onto his power, let's say for arguments sake he hadn't managed to come to an arrangement with 1878 and the club wasn't in that transition period - how do you think our numbers would have looked?
Posted by: Poojah, March 18, 2022, 10:27am; Reply: 34
Quoted from diehardmariner

Hypothetically, if we could have gone to BP 12 months ago and Fenty was still holding onto his power, let's say for arguments sake he hadn't managed to come to an arrangement with 1878 and the club wasn't in that transition period - how do you think our numbers would have looked?

That’s an interesting question but almost impossible to answer as there are so many ‘butterfly effect’ moments which shaped that season; it’s very difficult to look at it through such a basic set of parameters.

If we re-trace our steps, going into our game away at Colchester on 5th December we were in a disappointing but not yet catastrophic position of 18th. At that time, I’d suggest Fenty was vaguely unpopular, but the discontent had not yet heightened. I’m also fairly confident that the bulk of fans were still behind Holloway at this point, as mad as that sounds with hindsight.

But that was the day we crossed the rubicon. The day that the Alex May story broke, and that really did change everything. The day that a grumbling underbelly of discontent for Fenty’s turned into an angry mob.

If there was no Alex May then, I suspect, there’d have been no Holloway. There would also, most likely, have been no 1878 - that was the break they needed to prise their way in. And then of course, there would have been no Hurst, no 11 new January signings. And of course, had there have been no pandemic, there’s no way our disastrous pre-season would have happened either.

Who knows what things might have looked like, both then and now. Probably, at some point, there would almost certainly have been a car crash, figuratively speaking. But then I do wonder, somewhere at the back of my mind, if you reversed all the way back to Jolley’s potty-mouthed rant at the end of 2019, that ultimately did for him, how things would be today.

Somewhere in a parallel universe I can’t help but imagine us still dicking around in the lower echelons of League Two, playing mostly dull but occasionally half-decent football, with Fenty very much in situ - vaguely but not passionately unpopular with the fans.

So here’s another question; would you swap what we’ve got today for that parallel universe?
Posted by: mariner91, March 18, 2022, 10:28am; Reply: 35

Not as low as sub 2000 home fans, that's for sure.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 18, 2022, 11:51am; Reply: 36
It is impossible to answer, absolutely impossible.  We'll never know and it's a but for the grace of god type of not knowing.  

But if we're going down those realms of if and but, let's imagine that the Alex May story never broke.  By the time he left, from my memory, the Holloway rot had already set-in.  The impact of not having a pre-season, of signing absolute shite and of having no clear tactical conversations with his team was starting to show.  The Scunny result, let's be honest they were bloody awful that day, completely masked a poor run of form and performances.  Prior to Scunny at home we went to Southend and were woeful.  

Absolute no argument that Hurst took time to get going but that came with the additions of players like Matete, Meyanese, the 'keeper who I've completely drawn blank on, even LJL.   For Holloway's last game in charge we had Montel Gibson and Ira Jackson Jr up top.  I can't for the life of me imagine we would have even made a fist of a relegation scrap had he stayed in charge.

Then of course there's the fact we couldn't get in.  If restrictions were lifted in Jan/Feb I think numbers would have been quite high, regardless of how well we were playing or our league position.  Just because it was novelty and people missed doing something, anything!  

If we're talking that we could have gone all season, after decades of failure under Fenty I'm not massively convinced we would have even been drawing numbers that matched up to the amount of season tickets sold.  Covid and restrictions changed a lot but right before the May story broke, apathy around the club was the highest I've ever seen it.  

Easy to look down the road and almost mock them for not turning out when 'it matters most', but can you blame them?
Posted by: thefish, March 18, 2022, 12:18pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Poojah

That’s an interesting question but almost impossible to answer as there are so many ‘butterfly effect’ moments which shaped that season; it’s very difficult to look at it through such a basic set of parameters.

If we re-trace our steps, going into our game away at Colchester on 5th December we were in a disappointing but not yet catastrophic position of 18th. At that time, I’d suggest Fenty was vaguely unpopular, but the discontent had not yet heightened. I’m also fairly confident that the bulk of fans were still behind Holloway at this point, as mad as that sounds with hindsight.

But that was the day we crossed the rubicon. The day that the Alex May story broke, and that really did change everything. The day that a grumbling underbelly of discontent for Fenty’s turned into an angry mob.

If there was no Alex May then, I suspect, there’d have been no Holloway. There would also, most likely, have been no 1878 - that was the break they needed to prise their way in. And then of course, there would have been no Hurst, no 11 new January signings. And of course, had there have been no pandemic, there’s no way our disastrous pre-season would have happened either.

Who knows what things might have looked like, both then and now. Probably, at some point, there would almost certainly have been a car crash, figuratively speaking. But then I do wonder, somewhere at the back of my mind, if you reversed all the way back to Jolley’s potty-mouthed rant at the end of 2019, that ultimately did for him, how things would be today.

Somewhere in a parallel universe I can’t help but imagine us still dicking around in the lower echelons of League Two, playing mostly dull but occasionally half-decent football, with Fenty very much in situ - vaguely but not passionately unpopular with the fans.

So here’s another question; would you swap what we’ve got today for that parallel universe?

And here's the answer... no!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 18, 2022, 12:27pm; Reply: 38
Would I swap being a perennial bottom feeder at the base of league 2 for what we have now.

No absolutely not. As difficult as it is being non league, there does now feel like opportunities for this club, that haven't existed for a very long time. Even the hint of an opportunity is better than the mere existence that the alternative offered. Now these opportunities might ultimately come to nothing, but at least there's the hope for something more.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 19, 2022, 1:15pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Poojah

No!

Our club is starting to rebuild, I’m confident that when we’ve paid off Fenty more money will go into getting us back up and more investors will be attracted to build the infrastructure.

We’re attracting good gates clearly this is driven to a degree by concessions on tickets and a few giveaways but that shows people want to support us.

It’s going in the right direction at the moment but it’s going to take a few seasons to get back up but when we do I’m sure 1878 will back the manager unlike the last regime.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2022, 3:01pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Poojah

Who is the Gwinneth Paltrow character? The fans?
Posted by: wigworld, March 19, 2022, 4:26pm; Reply: 41

Did nobody tell them the boycott was only for the EFL Trophy games?

Posted by: Poojah, March 19, 2022, 5:19pm; Reply: 42
They’re goin’ down, I’m yellin’ TIMBER!!
You better move, you better dance
Scunny are shìte, and just remember
They’ve got no ground, they’ve got no fans

https://youtu.be/hHUbLv4ThOo
Posted by: RonMariner, March 19, 2022, 5:57pm; Reply: 43
Fat lady now leaving her dressing room......
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 19, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from RonMariner

I think she left a while ago and is now on the stage about to open her mouth.  :)
Posted by: It Bites, March 19, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 45
When we were relegated first time around an ex director of theirs took massive pleasure in telling me that Grimsby town were nothing more than a glorified Brigg Town . Karma is always listening
Posted by: Davec, March 19, 2022, 6:50pm; Reply: 46
At the end of last season a scunthorpe fan I know messeged me and very confidently told me they would never ever get relegated to the national league, when I told him that quite a few people predict Scunthorpe to finally end up relegated and are seen by most bookies to struggle this season, he told me they don't know what they are talking about and Neil Cox is a terrific manager and will make the most out of a limited budget.

Last week when I asked him how his prediction is going, he saw my message and blocked me, I wonder why! ;D ;D
Posted by: buckstown, March 19, 2022, 9:00pm; Reply: 47
Can anyone spare a nail please? I was just hammering the coffin lid down and I ran out at the last minute.
He he he he !!!!!
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 19, 2022, 9:07pm; Reply: 48
Would be nice to be at the home game of Thiers which confirms Thier relegation.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Phil the cod
Would be nice to be at the home game of Thiers which confirms Thier relegation.

Didn't some of their fans do the same and come to BP first time we got relegated to the National League?

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 20, 2022, 1:25am; Reply: 50
Quoted from RonMariner

Think she’s been playing centre back most of the season
Posted by: aldi_01, March 20, 2022, 6:18am; Reply: 51
Scunny supporting friend of mine is a sensible bloke who’s believed the inevitable for a while messaged me yesterday saying they won’t even go down with a whimper. He said it looks like they’ve just given up…
Posted by: Poojah, March 20, 2022, 8:34am; Reply: 52
Quoted from aldi_01
Scunny supporting friend of mine is a sensible bloke who’s believed the inevitable for a while messaged me yesterday saying they won’t even go down with a whimper. He said it looks like they’ve just given up…

Keith Hill couldn’t even be arsed to go to yesterday’s game.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, March 20, 2022, 9:07am; Reply: 53
I hear the Fat Lady is doing an encore at the Cold Showground as the audience disperses!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 20, 2022, 10:30am; Reply: 54
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Think she’s been playing centre back most of the season

Pmsl 🤣
Posted by: It Bites, March 20, 2022, 12:05pm; Reply: 55
You can currently get odds of 1/250 on them going down . 😂😂😂😂
Posted by: barrattstandman, March 20, 2022, 12:06pm; Reply: 56
Tony McMahon assistant coach at Scunthorpe said he didn't think there was much in it after the5-1 defeat 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: It Bites, March 20, 2022, 12:18pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from barrattstandman
Tony McMahon assistant coach at Scunthorpe said he didn't think there was much in it after the5-1 defeat 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂 Got to admire his positivity
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 20, 2022, 1:11pm; Reply: 58
I’ll be watching them go down at Bristol Rovers last game of season. Might take my Town flag
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 20, 2022, 2:13pm; Reply: 59
You definitely get the feeling that Scunthorpe could be waiting a long long time for league football again. A slide into non league like York is looking likely.

Shame .

🤣🤣🤣
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 20, 2022, 2:25pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
I’ll be watching them go down at Bristol Rovers last game of season. Might take my Town flag

There’s no point in taking your flag unfortunately. There will be no Scunny fans there and clearly the players don’t give a fook !!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 20, 2022, 6:55pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Poojah

Keith Hill couldn’t even be arsed to go to yesterday’s game.

Wonder if he was at Barrow? 👀
Posted by: lukeo, March 20, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 62

Depending on dates and work etc I may join You fella!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 20, 2022, 7:52pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Wonder if he was at Barrow? 👀

"Sorry Mr Swann I won't be at the game today, I'm sick *hangs up* of you."
Posted by: Poojah, March 20, 2022, 8:34pm; Reply: 64
Had a quick read of the Iron Bru Blast Furnace earlier, and was astounded by the level of apathy and delusion on display.

Peter Swann needs to step up and do a bit better, apparently. Really, you think!? Here’s one such quote:

Quoted Text
Either set the club right, keep some of your many promises, start work on renovation and get some more income. You are supposed to be an astute businessman, get someone else in with you.

Or announce you’re walking at the end of the season, selling the club to the highest bidder.

Fúck me, you still think he’s an astute businessman? That he’s going to keep promises? Oh, and that the redevelopment of the stadium is still going to happen? You don’t even own the fúcking thing. Some serious glue being sniffed on that evidence; the only thing Glanford Park will be getting redeveloped into is yet another generic looking retail park.

Sell to the highest bidder? What exactly do you think the club is worth? It owns £0 worth of assets, is massively loss making, stuck in a vicious circle of decline faster and more turbulent than any GTFC has ever seen, and is about to lose the only thing it had going for it - it’s EFL status. Honestly, I would not take that club on if they offered to PAY ME £2m.

That’s one post, but it’s fairly typical of the mood. Another poses that, with Grimsby and Southend struggling to make the play-offs despite far higher gate income than they will receive next season, they might struggle a bit in the National League. Oh, if only they knew what was coming, and even that’s if the NL even decides to let them in, which is by no means a given.

You are going to hell in a hand basket my friends, to hell in a hand basket…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 20, 2022, 9:33pm; Reply: 65
That big river near Scunthorpe isn’t the Trent. It’s denial.
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, March 20, 2022, 9:33pm; Reply: 66

Now I live in Bristol I might do the same if I am not working.
Posted by: RichMariner, March 20, 2022, 9:54pm; Reply: 67
6 league wins in 57 games. They've been relegation fodder for a season and a half now.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, March 20, 2022, 9:58pm; Reply: 68
I wonder if they will go down with more dignity than we did the first time?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 21, 2022, 6:51am; Reply: 69
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I wonder if they will go down with more dignity than we did the first time?

While we’re all having a laugh at scunnys expense and quite rightly so you think it’s a good shout to bring up burton ??
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, March 21, 2022, 9:29am; Reply: 70
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

While we’re all having a laugh at scunnys expense and quite rightly so you think it’s a good shout to bring up burton ??

Yeah sure, I am interested in whether there will be a massive outburst of anger from their fans like GTFC at Burton or if they have accepted their fate and will just accept it.

Posted by: Phil the cod, March 21, 2022, 11:10am; Reply: 71
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Yeah sure, I am interested in whether there will be a massive outburst of anger from their fans like GTFC at Burton or if they have accepted their fate and will just accept it.

The anger shown by our fans that day showed that they cared about the club. Despite the bad behaviour,I saw lads involved in the pitch side disturbances that I've known years and have never been in any kind of trouble or disorder.
Now, scunny on the other hand are full of empathy and have no fight in them, people on here who are gloating at them are doing so for revenge because they were all on here giving it the big un when we dropped through the trapdoor.
It couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of c.u.n.t.s. and I for one can't wait.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, March 21, 2022, 11:55am; Reply: 72
I understand that their season tickets have been reduced by 25%.

If the Conference does not accept them, they could fall even further!
Posted by: Poojah, March 21, 2022, 12:45pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from exiledmeggie
I understand that their season tickets have been reduced by 25%.

If the Conference does not accept them, they could fall even further!

You’ve got to love the sheer brazenness of their marketing spiel in their latest season ticket promo.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/march/2022-23-season-ticket-holder-benefits/

Quoted Text
It’s never been more beneficial to be a Scunthorpe United season ticket holder

[img]https://c.tenor.com/6nS0ldp29VkAAAAC/baby-sinclair-laugh.gif[/img]
Posted by: Zero_as_a_limit, March 21, 2022, 1:15pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Poojah

You’ve got to love the sheer brazenness of their marketing spiel in their latest season ticket promo.

I'm a bit confused as to why Scunny are using a picture of a Spurs Champions League fixture at Wembley in the section of their website dealing with season ticket renewals:

[img]https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/contentassets/49ac8b0f653348d98534d16fef5eb08a/screenshot-2022-03-15-at-14.09.41.png/Large[/img]

Posted by: RichMariner, March 21, 2022, 2:56pm; Reply: 75
The problem for us at Burton that day was that we had a chance of staying up. It wasn't in our hands but many of us travelled believing that if we won, and Barnet lost, we'd be able to celebrate a miraculous escape.

Obviously things didn't go to plan from very early on, and that frustration built up and turned into anger as the game progressed.

By the time it was all over, it all came pouring out.

Not condoning the actions at all, but there was a lot of emotion involved that day. Scunny have been down for weeks now, if not months. Their fans know how this ends. I think they've accepted it, even if they don't like it. Don't see them tearing up a ground in anger.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, March 21, 2022, 2:57pm; Reply: 76
Has anyone worked out when they are likely to be mathematically relegated?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 21, 2022, 3:13pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from brigg_mariner

I've got Diane Abbott on it.   ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 21, 2022, 3:17pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from brigg_mariner

If eveyone keeps losing I think they could go down on 15th April away at Orient. They'll definitely go down on the 18th April when they host Stevenage this is assuming they keep losing, and that I know what I'm talking about.

Posted by: Poojah, March 21, 2022, 3:35pm; Reply: 79

If eveyone keeps losing I think they could go down on 15th April away at Orient. They'll definitely go down on the 18th April when they host Stevenage this is assuming they keep losing, and that I know what I'm talking about.

I have confidence in one of those two assumptions…
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 21, 2022, 3:36pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 21, 2022, 3:53pm; Reply: 81
But would it be better for scunny to actually beat Stevenage so that in the end they both go down?
Posted by: Spurn boy, March 21, 2022, 5:00pm; Reply: 82
I genuinely believe that if the Scunts do go down which is almost a definite that they will probably drop all the way out of the National league as the fact that the Chairman’s company owns the ground and has publicly declared that there is no money left for investment in the team and they are looking to the young players to secure the clubs future. I’m not gloating about their predicament but I’ve got a huge smile across my face.  
Posted by: Poojah, March 21, 2022, 7:21pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from Spurn boy
I genuinely believe that if the Scunts do go down which is almost a definite that they will probably drop all the way out of the National league as the fact that the Chairman’s company owns the ground and has publicly declared  that there is no money left for investment in the team and they are looking to the young players to secure the clubs future. I’m not gloating about their predicament but I’ve got a huge smile across my face.  

It’s a very tricky predicament, and I don’t know how they get out of it in truth. Here’s the problem, summed up by a Scunny fan on their forum:

Quoted Text
Having now hived off the ground (and ascribing a notional value of around £11m to it) it seems to me that Mr Swann will be seeking offers in the region of 8 figures – certainly if any prospective purchaser wants to take the ground back rather than being left with Swann as the landlord.

In effect, Swann racked up debts of £11m with no repayment plan, realised the club would never pay it back, wrote off the debt, took ownership of the ground and attributed it a value equivalent to that of the debt.

Now, I have no idea whether the land on which Glanford Park sits is worth that kind of figure or not (I suspect it probably isn’t, particularly in the current environment) but it isn’t hard to work out what’s going on here, though it doesn’t seem to have dawned on many Scunny fans as of yet.

Scunthorpe United football club, as it stands with no assets, heavily loss making and spiralling into non-league is worth nothing. Literally nothing. Sold with the ground, it’s probably worth several million, but that’s based on the land on which the ground sits, not the stadium itself. It’s only of liquid value if the football club vacates the land and it is repurposed into some other commercial use.

So, where does that leave Swann and Scunny? As I see it there are four scenarios that could play out.

1. Swann puts the club up for sale, and it fails to sell for some time. This is bad news for Scunny, as it could mean years of playing under an increasingly austere regime, with the focus on a functional running of the club within the confines of its dwindling income. It’s not inconceivable that Scunny could average sub-2,000 gates next season, so there’s every chance that they go straight through the National League like a bad vindaloo.

That’s a vicious circle that runs the risk of getting rapidly out of control. But this is by no means the worst scenario.

2. In this scenario, Swann sells the ground to a property developer. That’s the easiest and most likely way he can recoup what he’s spunked on the club. There’s a precedent for this, as it’s exactly what happened to Brighton and their Goldstone Ground - all rosy for them now thanks to having a fantastic owner, but they spent 15 years playing at the local equivalent of King George V in the interim.

Where would they play? Would the National League admit a club with no ground? How many Scunny fans would attend if it meant travelling to Gainsborough or Brigg? How would they ever recover? It would be their death knell.

Bigger question, would he do it? I reckon he would. In fact, I think there’s something more sinister behind the club’s recent and rapid implosion.

I think their impending relegation is intentionally of his making. Why? Because it’s the ground where the money is, and a story about a non-league club having its ground snatched is a lot less newsworthy than one in the EFL. It stops his name trending on Sky Sports News, and it reduces the risk of external pressures preventing a deal going through.

There is a happier scenario. Only trouble is, it’s highly, highly unlikely.

3. What was GTFC worth when 1878 purchased it? I’m not sure for certain, but it was a lot less than what they paid, as JS and AP are well aware of themselves. They paid it because the club was in trouble, needed a better custodian and they had the means to pay the asking price, which consisted far more of historic debt than the acquisition of shares or assets.

Could there be a white knight coming to rescue Scunny, lock, stock and barrel? Who knows, it’s certainly not impossible. It is though, as I already alluded to, highly unlikely.

That’s because unlike Fenty, Swann won’t be letting go for a couple of million quid. I suspect he might sell to someone with football based intentions for a little bit less then he could get for the ground via a developer, simply because it saves him the inevitable shít show that would ensue, but not much. Rough guess, probably between £5m and £8m. And the chances of anyone being willing and able to pay such an overpriced sum for Scunthorpe United in their current state is minuscule.

4. Final scenario, Swann offers to ‘gift’ the club to the fans’ Trust, with a short-term lease to continue playing at Glanford Park. In effect, they have a period of say 5 years to find a new home, either temporary like Brighton or permanent, as Rotherham impressively managed to do at short-notice (though even they had a short stint at an athletics track).

I consider this one quite likely. It’s not as incendiary a move as scenario 2, nor is it as press worthy. In handing the club back to the fans for ‘free’, it’s also possible to put a positive slant on it, as big a cùnt’s trick as that ultimately is. Remember, this was Swann’s original blueprint - move the club to a brand new ground on cheap land, and sell Glanford Park and its considerably more valuable land in the process. All noble intentions, I’m sure.

If, as Rotherham did, they managed to pull off a brand new stadium in the time they had left at Glanford Park, then who knows - it could be a new beginning for them. More likely though, they end up as long-term exiles and fade into the non-league abyss forever.

For the record, I don’t take any glee in this. Regardless of whether it’s Scunny, Darlington or Bury, I find it absolutely tragic when proud, historic clubs are destroyed by terrible owners. But mark my words, Scunny are in a very precarious place right now, and the sooner their fans wake up to that the better. They appear to be sleepwalking into oblivion right now - it may already be too late.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 21, 2022, 7:33pm; Reply: 84

They’re in the Champions League then
Posted by: Meza, March 21, 2022, 9:27pm; Reply: 85
But Poojah they have released new season ticket benefits so should be ok now lol.  Will the fans go for that or rebel.  
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 21, 2022, 11:43pm; Reply: 86
Only problem with gifting the club to the fans and then a short term lease on the ground is that surely the league would want assurances from the fans that they had enough money to complete the season. I can't see where they'd get the money to enable them to give those assurances. Season ticket sales will be poor, the club would have to be run by unpaid volunteers, contracted players would probably have to go on the transfer list, they're not going to be able to get players to play for nothing so the team will probably be made up of  youth teamers and apprentices. I can't see a scenario were they will be playing in the National League or the National League North and they may have to do a Darlington and reform as a fan owned club in step 9.

Sad for any club even Scunny. I've worked with a few Scunny fans over the years and they don't deserve it. No football fan does.
Posted by: Poojah, March 22, 2022, 9:59am; Reply: 87
Only problem with gifting the club to the fans and then a short term lease on the ground is that surely the league would want assurances from the fans that they had enough money to complete the season. I can't see where they'd get the money to enable them to give those assurances. Season ticket sales will be poor, the club would have to be run by unpaid volunteers, contracted players would probably have to go on the transfer list, they're not going to be able to get players to play for nothing so the team will probably be made up of  youth teamers and apprentices. I can't see a scenario were they will be playing in the National League or the National League North and they may have to do a Darlington and reform as a fan owned club in step 9.

Sad for any club even Scunny. I've worked with a few Scunny fans over the years and they don't deserve it. No football fan does.

I don’t know for certain, but I would imagine they’d have enough for next season on parachute / solidarity and basic club income alone; season tickets, shirt sales etc.

I say ‘enough’. It would probably be sufficient to put together a side capable of just about competing in the NL, but only just. One way or another, I imagine the odds of them being below this level come the start of the 23/24 season are remarkably high.

They’re obviously going down this season; a 25% reduction in season ticket prices tells you they’ve already given up. I just struggle to see an eventuality that leads to them being able to put out a competitive team next season.

It’s as clear as day Peter Swann won’t be funding it.
Posted by: Grimal, March 22, 2022, 2:19pm; Reply: 88

She's too busy working out how to boycott her piano lessons. ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, March 22, 2022, 3:00pm; Reply: 89

You'd have been better off getting Costello  8)

Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 23, 2022, 8:39am; Reply: 90
Scunny have had a good 7 decade run at being a EFL club bless em’, living the dream of reaching the 2nd Tier in 2010 averaging 6,464 … remarkably similar to your 6,431 back in 2002, don’t you think?

So it’s looking like little old Lincoln who will be flying the County flag for the foreseeable future, we just need to extend the Stacey West Stand to fit a few more in really, after beating a 40 year record last Saturday with over 10,300 squeezed inside Sinny Bank.

(thumbup)
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 23, 2022, 8:49am; Reply: 91
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Scunny have had a good 7 decade run at being a EFL club bless em’, living the dream of reaching the 2nd Tier in 2010 averaging 6,464 … remarkably similar to your 6,431 back in 2002, don’t you think?

So it’s looking like little old Lincoln who will be flying the County flag for the foreseeable future, we just need to extend the Stacey West Stand to fit a few more in really, after beating a 40 year record last Saturday with over 10,300 squeezed inside Sinny Bank.

(thumbup)

Boosted by over 2,000 Sunderland fans, Solihull Moors brought 39 fans to Blundell Park last night.

Posted by: Les Brechin, March 23, 2022, 8:50am; Reply: 92
Quoted from NorfolkImp

(thumbup)

How many tickets did you give Sunderland? I assume that they sold out. What stand(s) did they have?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 23, 2022, 8:55am; Reply: 93
Quoted from NorfolkImp

(thumbup)

You are so f****g predictable.
Posted by: Poojah, March 23, 2022, 9:03am; Reply: 94
Quoted from NorfolkImp

(thumbup)

That’s remarkably similar to the kind of posts we were getting from Scunny fans in 2010. Stay classy, because you never know what the future holds or when the bubble might burst…

Posted by: RonMariner, March 23, 2022, 9:03am; Reply: 95
Amid all the jockularity the sad fact is that we kept them up last season. Shows what crap we were.

The other sad thing is that we are going to be here in this urine puddle of a league waiting for them next season.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 23, 2022, 9:50am; Reply: 96
Quoted from Poojah

That’s remarkably similar to the kind of posts we were getting from Scunny fans in 2010. Stay classy, because you never know what the future holds or when the bubble might burst…

Neither know any better, clearly we can’t criticise Lincoln for their recent success and league position but up until recently they had convinced themselves they where certs for the Championship.

We’ll be back in the EFL at some point as long as it’s before the Scunts and within reasonable time I get it.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 23, 2022, 2:20pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from Les Brechin

How many tickets did you give Sunderland? I assume that they sold out. What stand(s) did they have?

2k Mackems behind the goal and the new bus shelter to the right

Boosted by over 2,000 Sunderland fans, Solihull Moors brought 39 fans to Blundell Park last night.

Boosted indeed, just like 2k Leicester/Derby/Stoke/Sheffield clubs did you back in 02/03 … otherwise it’d be 4.5k just like last night.

Posted by: Hagrid, March 23, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from NorfolkImp

2k Mackems behind the goal and the new bus shelter to the right

Boosted indeed, just like 2k Leicester/Derby/Stoke/Sheffield clubs did you back in 02/03 … otherwise it’d be 4.5k just like last night.

odd behaviour from you

its a sunny wednesday afternoon, either go to work, go to the pub or go shag your sister
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 23, 2022, 4:11pm; Reply: 99
Very, very rare occasions when we entertained sell out away ends back in the Championship days.

Then again, it was a fair while back and seeing as football outside the top four of the Premier League was only invented in Lincoln around 2017 you can be forgiven for not really knowing that.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 23, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 100
We’re so fortunate to have such a MASSIVE neighbour to learn from.
Posted by: mariner91, March 23, 2022, 4:51pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from NorfolkImp

(thumbup)

[img]https://static0.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/toy-story-Sad-Strange-meme-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=333&dpr=1.5[/img]
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 23, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 102
Very, very rare occasions when we entertained sell out away ends back in the Championship days.

Then again, it was a fair while back and seeing as football outside the top four of the Premier League was only invented in Lincoln around 2017 you can be forgiven for not really knowing that.

I remember us playing Stoke, it was a big game and we won 2-0 (Chris Thompson with a goal), and the mighty Stoke brought 300. Other than the Owls, Blades and Man City, nobody travelled back then, not really, even Wolves.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 23, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Heisenberg

I remember us playing Stoke, it was a big game and we won 2-0 (Chris Thompson with a goal), and the mighty Stoke brought 300. Other than the Owls, Blades and Man City, nobody travelled back then, not really, even Wolves.

2002/03?

Thompson was utterly unplayable that day, up top with Micky Boulding I think.

A real enigma of a player. Had nearly all the ingredients to be a really, really good player but I suspect he lacked the most important one, attitude.

I used to watch the reserves a fair bit back then and can always remember Paul Wilkinson trying to coach him through scenarios before a game, literally 10 minutes before kick off. But Thompson just wasn't interested and sat in the dugout reading the Racing Post.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 23, 2022, 7:54pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from Heisenberg

Only 300 Stokies? That’s funny I always thought you had a bit of a rivalry with them back in the day, especially when they ran you ragged in Clee from brekkie till evensong … not that I condone that sort of behaviour obviously.

Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 23, 2022, 8:18pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from NorfolkImp

(thumbup)

How many days until Xmas? You can count on one hand….

Pray tell.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 23, 2022, 8:30pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Only 300 Stokies? That’s funny I always thought you had a bit of a rivalry with them back in the day, especially when they ran you ragged in Clee from brekkie till evensong … not that I condone that sort of behaviour obviously.

I’ll be hearing that Lincoln have got the record attendance at Old Trafford next….
Posted by: It Bites, March 23, 2022, 8:39pm; Reply: 107
Lincoln are a bit like the premier League . If you listen to the media football didn't exist before the premier League and if you listen to Lincoln Fans Lincoln city didnt exist before a lucky cup run and the Cowley Bros
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 23, 2022, 8:55pm; Reply: 108
The wánker in Narfuk has clearly forgotten when their regular top attendance was when we played there and beat them every Christmas.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, March 23, 2022, 8:59pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Genuine question - are you a bit lonely? You’re on another club’s message board several times in 24 hours asking irrelevant questions about our perceived rivalry with Stoke about 35 years ago? It’s a little bit tragic mate!
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 24, 2022, 10:25am; Reply: 110

Genuine question - are you a bit lonely? You’re on another club’s message board several times in 24 hours asking irrelevant questions about our perceived rivalry with Stoke about 35 years ago? It’s a little bit tragic mate!

Not at all, I’m heading out to Cape Verde 🇨🇻 on Monday for a fortnight with my beloved as part of her 50th birthday celebrations.

Despite the insults, I am equally gleeful at Scunny’s demise as your good selves, in fact I hope they drop further to NL North and games v York & Boston …. the fact I’ve added a few statistical facts seems to have rattled a few?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 24, 2022, 10:36am; Reply: 111
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Not at all, I’m heading out to Cape Verde 🇨🇻 on Monday for a fortnight with my beloved as part of her 50th birthday celebrations.

Despite the insults, I am equally gleeful at Scunny’s demise as your good selves, in fact I hope they drop further to NL North and games v York & Boston …. the fact I’ve added a few statistical facts seems to have rattled a few?

Nah it’s just the smart @rse smug way you do it.
Posted by: Poojah, March 24, 2022, 10:43am; Reply: 112
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Cape Verde? Oh, I wouldn’t mate. I went there once on a business trip - absolute shíthole. Beige wasteland with a couple of cheap hotels, the odd turtle and sod all else.

Third worst place I’ve been on the planet, behind Erbil and an old mining village on the outskirts of Hartlepool.

If you can still get your money back I’d do it in a heartbeat. Not only for your sake; if you’re not bored now you certainly will be when you arrive, and I’m not sure I have the stamina for two weeks’ worth of your mad Lincoln bantz on here…
Posted by: Maringer, March 24, 2022, 11:54am; Reply: 113
It's a bit like deja vu here, unfortunately. It really doesn't seem all that long since we were having our worst-ever spell at the same time that Scunny were having their best-ever spell and one or two Iron helmets visited the Fishy. We're back in the crapper thanks to our former non-Chairman, but the Scunny helmets seem to have disappeared for some reason or other.

Something for any gloating Imps to consider as it doesn't much to change a club's fortunes dramatically. Not saying they are going to be "Swanned", as their owners seem reasonable types, but we could easily be playing each other in the league once again in a year or two.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 24, 2022, 12:09pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Have a great time with your sister.
Posted by: male private Johnson, March 24, 2022, 1:34pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from NorfolkImp

You like statistical facts do you? Here’s a few for you then:

Seasons of top flight football: GTFC 12 - LCFC 0
FA Cup Semi Finals: GTFC 2 - LCFC 0
Highest home attendance: GTFC 31,651 - LCFC 23,196
Highest attendance at a neutral venue: GTFC 76,962 - LCFC 41,261
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 24, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 116

You like statistical facts do you? Here’s a few for you then:

Seasons of top flight football: GTFC 12 - LCFC 0
FA Cup Semi Finals: GTFC 2 - LCFC 0
Highest home attendance: GTFC 31,651 - LCFC 23,196
Highest attendance at a neutral venue: GTFC 76,962 - LCFC 41,261

Now that’s more like it …. trouble is all of the above were before we were born, bar the Derby County League Cup replay of 67’.

As it stands you still have 3 seasons on us as a Football League club, so I’ll be rooting for you to get back in the 2025/26 season.

Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 24, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Have a great time with your sister.

Who’s also his mother
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 24, 2022, 7:37pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Now that’s more like it …. trouble is all of the above were before we were born, bar the Derby County League Cup replay of 67’.

As it stands you still have 3 seasons on us as a Football League club, so I’ll be rooting for you to get back in the 2025/26 season.

Derby County in '67 must have been another club in Lincoln because Lincoln City FC was only established in 2016 wasn't it?
Posted by: thefish, March 24, 2022, 8:37pm; Reply: 119

Who’s also his mother

And on Friday nights often doubles up as his brother!
Posted by: mariner91, March 24, 2022, 10:31pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Your club is having it's most sustained period of success within living memory and it's 18th in League One. I'm only 30 and Town have been shite for most of my life but I've still seen us play a number of seasons in the Championship and hold our own. Come back when you've had some real success.
Posted by: lukeo, March 25, 2022, 7:21am; Reply: 121
I think it's great Lincoln are doing soo well at the moment. Not a fan of the gloating though norfolk as until possibly the last 10 years they've been nobodies. Fair play recently though, the past is the past and right now you're the pride of Lincolnshire regarding league status. Hopefully we will be back and get our Derby games against you soon.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 25, 2022, 10:09am; Reply: 122
Who was the Lincoln fan who came on here giving it all the bluster when we got relegated in 2010, then absolutely saw his bottom the following season when they got relegated and started supporting Man City?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 25, 2022, 10:18am; Reply: 123
Aryan?
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 25, 2022, 12:04pm; Reply: 124
Quoted from Poojah

Cape Verde? Oh, I wouldn’t mate. I went there once on a business trip - absolute shíthole. Beige wasteland with a couple of cheap hotels, the odd turtle and sod all else.

Third worst place I’ve been on the planet, behind Erbil and an old mining village on the outskirts of Hartlepool.

If you can still get your money back I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the advice, but it’ll be ideal for us, not too hot but pleasantly warm (23 degs) secluded beach with a couple of good books to read ….oh and plenty of tasty seafood to eat hopefully?

You never know Scunny might be mathematically down by the time I get back.

Posted by: Grantley, March 25, 2022, 12:17pm; Reply: 125
Who was the Lincoln fan who came on here giving it all the bluster when we got relegated in 2010, then absolutely saw his bottom the following season when they got relegated and started supporting Man City?

This is the exact same guy.
Posted by: thefish, March 25, 2022, 12:44pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Thanks for the advice, but it’ll be ideal for us, not too hot but pleasantly warm (23 degs) secluded beach with a couple of good books to read ….oh and plenty of tasty seafood to eat hopefully?

Presumably it is easier to flick through a good book with an additional digit!
Posted by: Poojah, March 25, 2022, 2:23pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Suit yourself. The only seafood I ate whilst out there gave me botulism. Don’t come crying to me when your intestines are having a tug of war to decide whether to evacuate themselves through your árse or your mouth.

And don’t forget to send us a postcard!
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 25, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from Grantley

This is the exact same guy.

Ah!  

That figures then...
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 25, 2022, 4:58pm; Reply: 129
Quoted from Poojah

Suit yourself. The only seafood I ate whilst out there gave me botulism. Don’t come crying to me when your intestines are having a tug of war to decide whether to evacuate themselves through your árse or your mouth.

I actually laughed out loud after reading that …. a quality retort.  

Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, March 25, 2022, 5:19pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I actually laughed out loud after reading that …. a quality retort.  

You’re still here? Amazing! Though to be fair, when I’m going abroad the last thing I do before setting off is log in to another team’s football forum and bang on about it with a group of disinterested Lincoln City fans. It’s part of the holiday experience for me.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 25, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 131
Quoted from thefish

Presumably it is easier to flick through a good book with an additional digit!

7th useful as a book mark
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 25, 2022, 6:46pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from thefish

And on Friday nights often doubles up as his brother!

I know when I umpired a cricket match in Lincoln I took the pebbles I use to make sure I count the right amount of balls in an over. My Lincoln counterpart didn’t need any. He just used the fingers on one hand !!
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 25, 2022, 8:12pm; Reply: 133

Anyone remember that let's say older Town fan that came on "Humberside Sports Talk" possibly last season talking to Burnsy comparing how we were doing compared to the Gimps as though Gimp was the norm.
I think Burnsy had a little chuckle to himself, I know I did.
Posted by: rancido, March 26, 2022, 6:40am; Reply: 134
Quoted from Poojah

They say that when everything goes wrong in your life "the bottom drops out of your world". But when you get botulism "the world drops out of your bottom".
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2022, 6:00pm; Reply: 135
I’m absolutely laughing my nuts off listening to Keith Hill after today’s home dismantling to a team who haven’t won for weeks! Scunny are on a losing streak, or at least a ‘no win streak’ that stretches back about 23 weeks, they’re clearly utterly t•urd and going down….are adrift at the bottom….some 10 points from safety and Hill comes on and tries to convince people that they’ve just won a cup final with a heroic performance. The squad is terrible, the results and attendances and utter lack of fight an unspeakably embarrassing pile of sh1t, and I’ve absolutely laughed my t*ts off listening to that bull sh1t. You’re hopeless. You’ve been stuffed again. Week on week it’s embarrassing. Lose, lose, lose. And he’s talking about ‘building player’s character’ and….get this one….how he wants his players to ‘embrace the positives in the difficulties and defeats’! He should be appointed to Johnson’s cabinet immediately he talks that much absolute tripe.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 26, 2022, 6:44pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from chaos33
I’m absolutely laughing my nuts off listening to Keith Hill after today’s home dismantling to a team who haven’t won for weeks! Scunny are on a losing streak, or at least a ‘no win streak’ that stretches back about 23 weeks, they’re clearly utterly t•urd and going down….are adrift at the bottom….some 10 points from safety and Hill comes on and tries to convince people that they’ve just won a cup final with a heroic performance. The squad is terrible, the results and attendances and utter lack of fight an unspeakably embarrassing pile of sh1t, and I’ve absolutely laughed my t*ts off listening to that bull sh1t. You’re hopeless. You’ve been stuffed again. Week on week it’s embarrassing. Lose, lose, lose. And he’s talking about ‘building player’s character’ and….get this one….how he wants his players to ‘embrace the positives in the difficulties and defeats’! He should be appointed to Johnson’s cabinet immediately he talks that much absolute tripe.

Said it for weeks but he's very similar to a certain person we had speaking to the press not so long ago.
Posted by: It Bites, March 26, 2022, 6:48pm; Reply: 137
Their fans are very strange , they seem to be just taking it and hoping it gets better next season . They will get destroyed next season in the NL and their fans don't know it or believe it
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 26, 2022, 7:13pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I'd wager most if not all of this exotic sounding lifestyle is in your deluded mind.
Have all the other gimps sussed you out as a bullsh.tter?
Is that why you're on a Grimsby forum?
Or as we all know, your a sad, lonely,lying,boring gimp illegitimate.
All Grimsby fans I know couldn't care less about Lincoln city.
We don't regard you as rivals as it's always been scunny and always will be.
Now toddle off onto the Boston United forum and compare finger statistics and who's got the prettiest sister.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2022, 7:20pm; Reply: 139
Quoted from chaos33

He must have been moved on from his last job as head of military intelligence for Putin prior to the invasion of Ukraine.
Posted by: buckstown, March 26, 2022, 7:29pm; Reply: 140
2300 at the old shower ground this afternoon, they must have had cheap travel on from Harrogate
Is the gimp bragging about going to Cape Verde? Gracious me, wait till he gets there, its genuinely an appalling spot but at least he'll feel at home
Posted by: ginnywings, March 26, 2022, 7:37pm; Reply: 141
They really are abysmal.

It takes some doing to be worse than we were last season, but they are achieving it with ease.
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2022, 7:38pm; Reply: 142
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He must have been moved on from his last job as head of military intelligence for Putin prior to the invasion of Ukraine.

😂
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 26, 2022, 7:46pm; Reply: 143
Quoted from chaos33

He could go the whole 9 yards and get himself into the shadow cabinet.
Posted by: chaos33, March 26, 2022, 7:51pm; Reply: 144
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

He could go the whole 9 yards and get himself into the shadow cabinet.

What are you talking about? The shadow cabinet?!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 26, 2022, 10:03pm; Reply: 145
Simon Elliott who comes across as a decent bloke has resigned from the board. I wonder if Mr Swann has decided he's not giving the ground back anymore?

[url]https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1507827182076411917?t=B8EmQPmdoK_bSWeIvseJbg&s=19[/url]
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 26, 2022, 11:14pm; Reply: 146

Don't forget to change your clocks tonight, makes Scunny one hour nearer to getting relegated  8)
Posted by: denni266, March 27, 2022, 7:26am; Reply: 147

Don't forget to change your clocks tonight, makes Scunny one hour nearer to getting relegated  8)

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: aldi_01, March 27, 2022, 7:51am; Reply: 148
They’re not even going down with a fight.

I regularly speak with my scunny supporting mate and listening to him, it’s like deja vu with our two previous relegations combined.

Hill sounds like a lunatic and it’s clear literally everyone has just given up.
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 27, 2022, 9:15am; Reply: 149

Ha, brilliant.
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 27, 2022, 9:18am; Reply: 150
Quoted from aldi_01

I regularly speak with my scunny supporting mate and listening to him, it’s like deja vu with our two previous relegations combined.

He, Keith hill, knows he can take the p.ss and say anything he likes in interviews, because what will be the outcome? He's not getting sacked, they can't afford it, they'll have no players,fans,or ground of they're own next year.
I've seen a few on here not wishing they go pop next year and fold, I for one hope they sink without trace.
They shouldn't have been such pric.s on here when we went down.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 27, 2022, 9:43am; Reply: 151
Quoted from Phil the cod

He, Keith hill, knows he can take the p.ss and say anything he likes in interviews, because what will be the outcome? He's not getting sacked, they can't afford it, they'll have no players,fans,or ground of they're own next year.
I've seen a few on here not wishing they go pop next year and fold, I for one hope they sink without trace.

The sharp objects you refer to are teenage internet warriors and precious few of them.

Friendly rivalry is one thing, but to wish the demise of our closest neighbours seems unwarranted to me. Some of their fans will be just like us - years of devotion and pride in their club about to go up in smoke due to one lunatic with the purse strings.

I always want to beat them on the field but for the Grace of God and all that.
Posted by: Maringer, March 27, 2022, 9:45am; Reply: 152
Yep, the absolute ideal is to be in the same division as your local rivals so you get the opportunity to beat them twice each season. There may be schadenfreude when they are struggling in a higher or lower division, but you don't want them to go to the wall. Beating them in a good of football is so much sweeter.
Posted by: It Bites, March 27, 2022, 9:49am; Reply: 153
Quoted from Phil the cod

Grow up
Posted by: aldi_01, March 27, 2022, 9:50am; Reply: 154
Quoted from Phil the cod

So some sex starved spotty irks from Ashby hiding behind a computer are your sole reason for wanting them to go pop? Weird…

I’m happy to see them come down here, could’ve happened last year had we slung some results together earlier on. Simple fact is, much like us, urine poor management of the club has seen them relegated. We should know what that’s like, it happened twice.

Sensible scunny fans are well aware of the issues and what needs to happen and they, like we did with town, are fighting for their club, sadly, as my mate pointed out, they’re somewhat depleted compared to say us or chesterfield.

They’re just in completely chaos and disarray, they’ve even got stewards walking around with handcuffs and young lads being handcuffed by phoney wannabe coppers…again, we know what that’s like Nick Dale, I’m looking at you…

There’s a serious possibility they could drop again and my mate is preparing himself for that. Personally I can’t see that happening but I suspect they’ll scrat around the bottom half of the table.

They look a million miles away from the top 7 and the stark reality of being in a league where you can’t compete with Solihull’s budget will be evident when they inevitably get twatted early doors at somewhere like Bromley or Maidenhead…places they didn’t even know had teams…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 27, 2022, 10:35am; Reply: 155
As others have said, I wouldn’t want them to disappear on the basis that a few of their fans were ärseholes. Where would we be in that basis?! Much more fun to be able play and beat them.
Posted by: lukeo, March 27, 2022, 11:22am; Reply: 156
Quoted from KingstonMariner
As others have said, I wouldn’t want them to disappear on the basis that a few of their fans were ärseholes. Where would we be in that basis?! Much more fun to be able play and beat them.

Agreed. Relegation 100% yes.. Disappear and lose the club? No.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, March 27, 2022, 11:54am; Reply: 157
I am sure like others, I would normally chuckle when the near rivals are relegated.

But with the Scunts under Swanny, have been run to the bare bones, yet no one at Radio Hullberside has questioned how that club has be ruined in recent times. I posted elsewhere regarding the running of that club, expressing concern when they were in the dizzy heights of the Championship, but haemorrhaging money. Let us not forget that their chairman took Gainsborough Trinity to the near heights of EFL status yet abandoned them in free fall.

Time for the radio and their fans to get real and ask Swann real questions about his running of that club, especially the selling of the ground and real lack of interest in their future!

My fear is, yes it is banged on they're relegated. But relegated to where? At the moment, they could slip straight through the Conference?
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 27, 2022, 12:25pm; Reply: 158
Nah, fu.k them, hope they fold, hate the place and the people. Hang on whilst I get my rainbow flag out, maybe then I'll develop some empathy.
Posted by: White_shorts, March 27, 2022, 3:50pm; Reply: 159
Quoted from aldi_01

Imagine if Bristol Rovers need a big win on the last day to guarantee automatic promotion or a play-off spot...

Scunny's record defeat at the moment is 0-8 v Carlisle in 1952.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 27, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 160
Quoted from aldi_01

So some sex starved spotty irks from Ashby hiding behind a computer are your sole reason for wanting them to go pop? Weird…

I’m happy to see them come down here, could’ve happened last year had we slung some results together earlier on. Simple fact is, much like us, urine poor management of the club has seen them relegated. We should know what that’s like, it happened twice.

Sensible scunny fans are well aware of the issues and what needs to happen and they, like we did with town, are fighting for their club, sadly, as my mate pointed out, they’re somewhat depleted compared to say us or chesterfield.

They’re just in completely chaos and disarray, they’ve even got stewards walking around with handcuffs and young lads being handcuffed by phoney wannabe coppers…again, we know what that’s like Nick Dale, I’m looking at you…

There’s a serious possibility they could drop again and my mate is preparing himself for that. Personally I can’t see that happening but I suspect they’ll scrat around the bottom half of the table.

They look a million miles away from the top 7 and the stark reality of being in a league where you can’t compete with Solihull’s budget will be evident when they inevitably get twatted early doors at somewhere like Bromley or Maidenhead…places they didn’t even know had teams…

It’s called the Braintree moment isn’t it?
Posted by: norfuk mariner, March 27, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 161
The first radio commentary I can remember was Bristol Rovers 0 - GTFC 7 - December 1957
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 27, 2022, 5:12pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from Phil the cod
Nah, fu.k them, hope they fold, hate the place and the people. Hang on whilst I get my rainbow flag out, maybe then I'll develop some empathy.

Phil - are you Filippe?
Posted by: Tony1946, March 28, 2022, 1:57pm; Reply: 163
Quoted from norfuk mariner
The first radio commentary I can remember was Bristol Rovers 0 - GTFC 7 - December 1957

I remember walking home from Town with my Dad, we had just gone past Evington's and Dad asked this bloke if he knew the score. 7 nil mate! We walked the rest of the way home thinking we had lost and bemoaning the team must have had a bad day. Couldn't believe it when we got the sports' telegraph to see we had won!
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 28, 2022, 4:35pm; Reply: 164

Scunny today confirm they have accepted the resignation of Simon Elliott from his position as Non-Executive Director.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/march/club-statement/
Posted by: acko338, March 28, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 165
1 less wage - 1 more leaving the sinking ship !!
Posted by: aldi_01, March 29, 2022, 6:03am; Reply: 166
Quoted from acko338
1 less wage - 1 more leaving the sinking ship !!

By all accounts, he didn’t take a wage and was invited to the role by Swann.

It’s as if clubs are unable to learn from others, in the last ten years both the nearest clubs to scunny have been relegated from the league due to disastrous approaches to running the clubs…

Still, fair play, the remaining fans are planning protests, whether they get off the ground is anyones guess but in truth, it’s more than we mustered up the first time…
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 29, 2022, 7:49am; Reply: 167
Quoted from aldi_01

By all accounts, he didn’t take a wage and was invited to the role by Swann.

It’s as if clubs are unable to learn from others, in the last ten years both the nearest clubs to scunny have been relegated from the league due to disastrous approaches to running the clubs…

Still, fair play, the remaining fans are planning protests, whether they get off the ground is anyones guess but in truth, it’s more than we mustered up the first time…

Bit different - they'll be down with 5 or more to play and and the owner has completely asset stripped the club. We were relegated on the last day and merely had a shite team, with a manager way out of his depth, and an incompetent owner, but up to the penultimate home game - Torquay, I still thought (deluded) we would stay up. Then we had the Barnet win in last home game and there was a flicker of hope again.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 29, 2022, 9:26am; Reply: 168
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Bit different - they'll be down with 5 or more to play and and the owner has completely asset stripped the club. We were relegated on the last day and merely had a shite team, with a manager way out of his depth, and an incompetent owner, but up to the penultimate home game - Torquay, I still thought (deluded) we would stay up. Then we had the Barnet win in last home game and there was a flicker of hope again.

He may not have asset stripped the club but he stole £200k from the trust, wasted significant amounts of club money on a pipe dream that was never anymore than a drawing on a homosexual packet, got us relegated twice and if the evidence presented is correct, it’s doubtful he ever invested anything at all yet expected money back for a club and then took us down twice, and it could’ve happened a year earlier but for a few good results…and the silly illegitimate was held aloft and celebrated failure like success…
Posted by: Poojah, March 29, 2022, 9:41am; Reply: 169
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

It was very different. It’s easy to look back at things with hindsight, but despite running close the previous year, there were elements of that disastrous 2009/10 season which crept up on us.

When Fenty gained control in 2004, there wasn’t too much discontent amongst the fans. In his second season, we came within seconds of promotion having assembled a very strong League Two squad across multiple transfer windows. I often wonder how different things might have been had we gone up that year.

Slade fúcked off, and we did something not that illogical on the surface in appointing Graham Rodger. After all, he’d been a part of the relative success we had under Slade, and had done pretty well previously as caretaker manager - again there’s a question mark over what might have happened if Rodger had stayed on in 2003, rather than bringing Nicky Law in.

That experiment failed quite quickly, and Fenty acted quickly in bringing back Alan Buckley for a third time. Again, most fans were pleased with this - it worked a treat in 1997, why not now?

And Buckley’s record wasn’t even that bad, third time around. His win % was only 1% lower than 1997 - 2000, albeit at a lower level, losing a lower percentage of games to boot. In his one full season we finished in our third highest position in the last 18 years and reached a Wembley final. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t horrific either.

What did for Buckley was a horrendous summer transfer window and a terrible start to the 2008/09 season. There were shades of eight years earlier about that summer period, though his sacking seemed less harsh that time around.

And then we have the appointment of Mike Newell. An absolute disaster looking back, but it captivated fans at the time. As a player, a Premier League champion who has played in the Champions League. As a manager, twice promoted from League Two and had recently taken Luton all the way from the basement division to the Championship.

It seems crazy looking back, but Fenty’s approval rating would have been quite high at that moment in time. Even crazier, going into that fateful relegation, optimism and confidence was high - and not just amongst the Town fan base. Newell had brought the likes of Barry Conlon and Peter Sweeney into the club, and they’d looked like superstars. Signing them on permanent deals looked like a master stroke. Here’s an excerpt from the BBC’s guide to the 2009/10 League Two season (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8141245.stm).

"I have a sneaking fancy that Grimsby will go up this year. Mike Newell has shaken the club up and based on summer recruitment, they could do well."

The author of those words? David Burns, possibly the most negative public commentator on Grimsby Town affairs going. Ultimately, we hadn’t done our homework on Newell, and a lack of investment into the club’s wider infrastructure was beginning to cause cracks, but the shít show that was to ensue wasn’t obvious to casual followers at the time.

My point? That Fenty’s tenure was like death by a thousand cuts; those cuts that you only notice when you casually glance at your arm and think “how the fùck did I do that?”. I’m not sure that you can blame the fans for what happened in 2010, and it was ultimately fan pressure which made Fenty’s position untenable when the Alex May news broke in 2020 (which wasn’t the easiest year for fan protest).

Swann taking the ground should have been Scunny’s Alex May moment. It’s ok he said. It’s just to help us generate investment interest. I’ll give the club a 1,000 year lease to ensure it’s future remains at Glanford Park. Except he never did, and no one, it seems, asked any questions. And now they face a truly existential threat.

If we were the frog slowly boiling in hot water, Scunny sat casually on the worktop while Swann got the stove fired up. They are now firmly within his grip, and at a time of his choosing, into the pot they’ll go. It’s too late for them now - mark my words, Scunthorpe United is about to croak.
Posted by: DB, March 29, 2022, 11:02am; Reply: 170
Once relegated and losing there league status Scunthorpe have no assets to sell. No ground, little of a remaining team, and no shining knights waiting in the wings.

As the expression goes, without Swann, Scunny will down and out of any league football.
Posted by: Posh Harry, March 29, 2022, 12:50pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from DB
Once relegated and losing there league status Scunthorpe have no assets to sell. No ground, little of a remaining team, and no shining knights waiting in the wings.

As the expression goes, without Swann, Scunny will down and out of any league football.

Ironically they’re up the swanny!
Posted by: Dogger Bank, March 29, 2022, 1:27pm; Reply: 172
Quoted from aldi_01

He may not have asset stripped the club but he stole £200k from the trust, wasted significant amounts of club money on a pipe dream that was never anymore than a drawing on a homosexual packet, got us relegated twice and if the evidence presented is correct, it’s doubtful he ever invested anything at all yet expected money back for a club and then took us down twice, and it could’ve happened a year earlier but for a few good results…and the silly illegitimate was held aloft and celebrated failure like success…

My thoughts exactly although I thought the trust were naïve enough to let him bully them. If he did have any sentiment towards the club he'd give it back so it could be invested or wipe it off his loan repayments.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 29, 2022, 1:29pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from Dogger Bank

My sentiments exactly although I thought the trust were naïve enough to let him bully them. If he did have any sentiment towards the club he'd give it back so it could be invested or wipe it off his loan payments.

If he had any sentiments he wouldn’t have taken the cash made from transfers which would ultimately go back in the kitty to purchase and entice players to the club…

Still, if you can pay a tax bill without using your own money fair play…
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 29, 2022, 1:39pm; Reply: 174
Quoted from Poojah

It was very different. It’s easy to look back at things with hindsight, but despite running close the previous year, there were elements of that disastrous 2009/10 season which crept up on us.

When Fenty gained control in 2004, there wasn’t too much discontent amongst the fans. In his second season, we came within seconds of promotion having assembled a very strong League Two squad across multiple transfer windows. I often wonder how different things might have been had we gone up that year.

Slade fúcked off, and we did something not that illogical on the surface in appointing Graham Rodger. After all, he’d been a part of the relative success we had under Slade, and had done pretty well previously as caretaker manager - again there’s a question mark over what might have happened if Rodger had stayed on in 2003, rather than bringing Nicky Law in.

That experiment failed quite quickly, and Fenty acted quickly in bringing back Alan Buckley for a third time. Again, most fans were pleased with this - it worked a treat in 1997, why not now?

And Buckley’s record wasn’t even that bad, third time around. His win % was only 1% lower than 1997 - 2000, albeit at a lower level, losing a lower percentage of games to boot. In his one full season we finished in our third highest position in the last 18 years and reached a Wembley final. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t horrific either.

What did for Buckley was a horrendous summer transfer window and a terrible start to the 2008/09 season. There were shades of eight years earlier about that summer period, though his sacking seemed less harsh that time around.

And then we have the appointment of Mike Newell. An absolute disaster looking back, but it captivated fans at the time. As a player, a Premier League champion who has played in the Champions League. As a manager, twice promoted from League Two and had recently taken Luton all the way from the basement division to the Championship.

It seems crazy looking back, but Fenty’s approval rating would have been quite high at that moment in time. Even crazier, going into that fateful relegation, optimism and confidence was high - and not just amongst the Town fan base. Newell had brought the likes of Barry Conlon and Peter Sweeney into the club, and they’d looked like superstars. Signing them on permanent deals looked like a master stroke. Here’s an excerpt from the BBC’s guide to the 2009/10 League Two season (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8141245.stm).

"I have a sneaking fancy that Grimsby will go up this year. Mike Newell has shaken the club up and based on summer recruitment, they could do well."

The author of those words? David Burns, possibly the most negative public commentator on Grimsby Town affairs going. Ultimately, we hadn’t done our homework on Newell, and a lack of investment into the club’s wider infrastructure was beginning to cause cracks, but the shít show that was to ensue wasn’t obvious to casual followers at the time.

My point? That Fenty’s tenure was like death by a thousand cuts; those cuts that you only notice when you casually glance at your arm and think “how the fùck did I do that?”. I’m not sure that you can blame the fans for what happened in 2010, and it was ultimately fan pressure which made Fenty’s position untenable when the Alex May news broke in 2020 (which wasn’t the easiest year for fan protest).

Swann taking the ground should have been Scunny’s Alex May moment. It’s ok he said. It’s just to help us generate investment interest. I’ll give the club a 1,000 year lease to ensure it’s future remains at Glanford Park. Except he never did, and no one, it seems, asked any questions. And now they face a truly existential threat.

If we were the frog slowly boiling in hot water, Scunny sat casually on the worktop while Swann got the stove fired up. They are now firmly within his grip, and at a time of his choosing, into the pot they’ll go. It’s too late for them now - mark my words, Scunthorpe United is about to croak.

Poojah, you do talk on this subject with authority - is there something else that you know that you’re keeping to yourself? Is it just business logic you’re using in assessing they’ll go under, or do you have some inside info?
Posted by: Poojah, March 29, 2022, 2:09pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from Heisenberg

Poojah, you do talk on this subject with authority - is there something else that you know that you’re keeping to yourself? Is it just business logic you’re using in assessing they’ll go under, or do you have some inside info?

I don’t know anything that isn’t in the public domain - it’s just a logical deduction of the circumstances.

The simple facts are that Swann sunk £11m into the club which failed to achieve what he had intended, which appeared to be; stabilise Scunny in the Championship, move to a new ground on the Lincolnshire Lakes development, sell Glanford Park and the high value land on which it sits, pocket the profit and sell the club at an additional profit.

When Scunny got relegated from League One, he realised the dream was over and started tightening the purse strings. You’ll remember that Hurst wasn’t sacked there for footballing reasons, but rather insubordination for a refusal to offload players and reduce the wage bill.

Then we had Covid, Swann wrote off the £11m debt but took ownership of the stadium, training ground and associated land. He tried to calm any discontent by insisting that the ground would be subject to a 1,000 year lease under which they could not be forcibly moved from Glanford Park. He failed to follow through on that promise.

Why would he do that? Because Glanford Park is the only way he can now recoup a meaningful portion of his significant losses. The club, completely assetless, is worth nothing. Only that land has value.

I outlined the possible scenarios in a previous post (https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1647104501/s-80/#num83), but ultimately Swann has backed himself into a corner, and the only ways out entail doing serious harm to Scunthorpe United football club.

Does he give a fúck? I think you’ll find he does not.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 29, 2022, 9:24pm; Reply: 176
Oldham winning with 15 mins to go
Posted by: ginnywings, March 29, 2022, 9:30pm; Reply: 177
Scunny are down whatever. Other results will just determine which weekend it happens.

Good that Oldham are winning mind, as it increases the chances of Stevenage joining them.
Posted by: LH, March 29, 2022, 9:33pm; Reply: 178
Does anyone know what the record low points total for a 3pts for a win, 46 game season? They can’t be far off it?
Posted by: Poojah, March 29, 2022, 9:46pm; Reply: 179
Quoted from LH
Does anyone know what the record low points total for a 3pts for a win, 46 game season? They can’t be far off it?

I’m not certain of the record, but Donny went down in 97/98 with a points total of 20 and a GD of -83. They’ve bettered their points total but there’s still a chance for them to take the GD wooden spoon with some major capitulations in their remaining games.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 29, 2022, 9:46pm; Reply: 180
The thought of Scunny and Fatty Evans in the National League fills me with joy. I would just rather we weren’t there with them.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 29, 2022, 9:47pm; Reply: 181
If they won all their last 7 games, they would still only manage 45 points.

Can't see them reaching 30, the rate they are going.
Posted by: LH, March 29, 2022, 10:11pm; Reply: 182
Quoted from Poojah

I’m not certain of the record, but Donny went down in 97/98 with a points total of 20 and a GD of -83. They’ve bettered their points total but there’s still a chance for them to take the GD wooden spoon with some major capitulations in their remaining games.

That’s a shame. I thought that we’d put in a urine poor effort last season but our 43pts looks semi-respectable compared to theirs so far.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 29, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from Poojah

I’m not certain of the record, but Donny went down in 97/98 with a points total of 20 and a GD of -83.  

A season of many highlights:

https://twitter.com/vivarovers/status/968273467362693120/photo/1
Posted by: forza ivano, March 29, 2022, 10:55pm; Reply: 184
Stevenage v Oldham on Saturday
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 29, 2022, 10:57pm; Reply: 185
Quoted from forza ivano
Stevenage v Oldham on Saturday

We’ll all be Lancies for the day.
Posted by: Poojah, March 30, 2022, 1:14pm; Reply: 186
Big protest planned for Scunny’s next home game against Mansfield. Apparently, everyone is set to walk out in the 72nd minute (a reference to their 72 years in the football league).

A noble idea, except for the bit which overlooks that they’ll likely be 6-0 down by this point and everyone will have already left.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 30, 2022, 1:27pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from Poojah
Big protest planned for Scunny’s next home game against Mansfield. Apparently, everyone is set to walk out in the 72nd minute (a reference to their 72 years in the football league).

A noble idea, except for the bit which overlooks that they’ll likely be 6-0 down by this point and everyone will have already left.

Should take about 2 minutes to empty the ground.  :)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 30, 2022, 1:31pm; Reply: 188
Quoted from Poojah

Be hard for them to walk out when they are handcuffed to their seats until full-time.
Posted by: buckstown, March 30, 2022, 1:33pm; Reply: 189
Goes without saying that Scunny are doomed but not sure who I'd rather have joining them
Assuming we're still in this league, the large one has a good track record in the conference, especially if Stevenage are prepared to chuck a few quid at it. Oldham are broke and badly run so unlikely to bounce back quickly
The dream scenario is us going up and Stevenage coming down, but if we stay in this league we may be better off with Oldham and the Scunts coming down
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 30, 2022, 1:40pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from buckstown
Goes without saying that Scunny are doomed but not sure who I'd rather have joining them
Assuming we're still in this league, the large one has a good track record in the conference, especially if Stevenage are prepared to chuck a few quid at it. Oldham are broke and badly run so unlikely to bounce back quickly
The dream scenario is us going up and Stevenage coming down, but if we stay in this league we may be better off with Oldham and the Scunts coming down

I can't believe he's only 59 but he's not been at this level for 10 years. Of course, having a wad of cash and brown envelopes would help most managers be successful but I'm beginning to wonder if Evans is pretty much done now.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, March 30, 2022, 2:23pm; Reply: 191
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I can't believe he's only 59 but he's not been at this level for 10 years. Of course, having a wad of cash and brown envelopes would help most managers be successful but I'm beginning to wonder if Evans is pretty much done now.

Evans took Boston Utd straight through the Conference because of his managerial skills. Such a pity he did not get the job at the Old Shower Ground!
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 30, 2022, 3:19pm; Reply: 192
Quoted from Poojah
Big protest planned for Scunny’s next home game against Mansfield. Apparently, everyone is set to walk out in the 72nd minute (a reference to their 72 years in the football league

What ? Both of them !!  
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 30, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 193
Maybe they could just arrange for only 72 people to be there. Wouldn't put much of a dent in their average gate!  :)
Posted by: It Bites, March 30, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 194
I'm still a bit flabbergasted that they are going down without a fight . Less than 2000 fans for some of the biggest games in their history tells me this isn't going to end well . I'm guessing if all goes wrong early next season then crowds of less than 1500 are to be expected . With Swann not putting money in , they will fall straight through the trap door . As we know too well this league is unforgiving, it will chew you up if you're not ready for it . My only way of looking at it positively is it's a certain 6 points for Town and one less team to worry about
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 30, 2022, 4:38pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from Poojah

All 72 of them, will be empty
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 30, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 196
Please stop taking the urine out of their fan numbers, my taxi firm has already been hired to take the fans that leave the game early, we have a mini fully booked and a Nissan Micra on standby.
Posted by: acko338, March 30, 2022, 5:18pm; Reply: 197
Going, going........yes, both gone !!!!
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, March 31, 2022, 1:16pm; Reply: 198
Scunthorpe United can confirm Peter Swann has stepped down as Chairman with immediate effect 👉 http://scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/march/club-statement2/

He will be making a statement over the weekend.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 31, 2022, 1:20pm; Reply: 199
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
Scunthorpe United can confirm Peter Swann has stepped down as Chairman with immediate effect 👉 http://scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/march/club-statement2/

He will be making a statement over the weekend.

Surely you step down and release a statement at the same time? Fenty stepping down as Chairman didn't change a single thing for us and it will be interesting to see what this statement of his says.

I'm off to buy some popcorn...
Posted by: LH, March 31, 2022, 1:23pm; Reply: 200
Hill will probably walk soon too.
Posted by: mimma, March 31, 2022, 1:34pm; Reply: 201
Knowing Swann he will be sacked!
Posted by: Poojah, March 31, 2022, 1:39pm; Reply: 202
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Surely you step down and release a statement at the same time? Fenty stepping down as Chairman didn't change a single thing for us and it will be interesting to see what this statement of his says.

You’ll need plenty - this is the beginning of the end for Scunny.

This is merely Swann allowing himself sufficient physical distance from the club as a procession of bad news is drip fed to the fans over the coming weeks, of which relegation will be the least of their worries.

Swann is no longer the chairman but still the owner of the stadium. That is not a healthy scenario for any club.

Watch this space.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 31, 2022, 1:54pm; Reply: 203
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Peter 'I'm not Fenty' Swann drops Chairmanship as the excrement hits the fan.

Well it looks like one straight out of the Fenty playbook to me.
Posted by: acko338, March 31, 2022, 1:59pm; Reply: 204
Scunthorpe printers making up " new houses for sales signs " as we read !!!!
Posted by: rancido, March 31, 2022, 3:06pm; Reply: 205
Quoted from Poojah

You’ll need plenty - this is the beginning of the end for Scunny.

This is merely Swann allowing himself sufficient physical distance from the club as a procession of bad news is drip fed to the fans over the coming weeks, of which relegation will be the least of their worries.

Swann is no longer the chairman but still the owner of the stadium. That is not a healthy scenario for any club.

Watch this space.

This is a similar scenario to when Rovrum were at Millmoor. The ground owner, ex chairman, no longer had any connection with the club and rented the ground to the club.
Posted by: Poojah, March 31, 2022, 3:23pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from rancido

This is a similar scenario to when Rovrum were at Plainmoor. The ground owner, ex chairman, no longer had any connection with the club and rented the ground to the club.

The major difference is that Scunny are, in effect, indebted to Swann to the tune of £11m. You only have to look at what he’s done with the club these last three years or so; he has throttled the life out of it financially out of pure personal, self-interest.

Covid hurt him financially, with the bulk of his income streams coming from the hospitality industry. This, while in the midst of the £28m renovation of his Sands Venue resort in Blackpool (after which Glanford Park is currently named).

He needs money. Glanford Park, due to where the land on which it sits is, is worth millions. But only without a football club playing there. Now he’s moved to distance himself from the club, something the Scunny fans seem to be hailing as good news.

It isn’t. They need to wake up and join up all of the dots.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 31, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 207
Scunny fan who drinks in our local told me a couple of weeks ago that a former Director/Owner was looking to get involved again but didn’t take in his name because not that interested. He did say this guy has attended some recent home games and mingled with the fans, probably had time to shake hands with all those in attendance, and was certainly giving off positive vibes.

Think their future is very dependent upon what level of derby Swann is willing to write off.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 31, 2022, 3:59pm; Reply: 208
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Scunny fan who drinks in our local told me a couple of weeks ago that a former Director/Owner was looking to get involved again but didn’t take in his name because not that interested. He did say this guy has attended some recent home games and mingled with the fans, probably had time to shake hands with all those in attendance, and was certainly giving off positive vibes.

I heard the same, high sixes all round
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 31, 2022, 4:07pm; Reply: 209
Quoted from rancido

This is a similar scenario to when Rovrum were at Plainmoor. The ground owner, ex chairman, no longer had any connection with the club and rented the ground to the club.

That is a hell of a long way to play home games!
Posted by: rancido, March 31, 2022, 4:28pm; Reply: 210

That is a hell of a long way to play home games!

Corrected 😂 I thought it looked wrong when I typed it - too many sherbets sadly!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 31, 2022, 7:03pm; Reply: 211
Why walk out in the 72nd minute to recognise 72 seasons in the EFL?

Just wait until next season and walk out in the 15th minute.  To commiserate with 15 seasons
expected in NL..
Posted by: Zero_as_a_limit, April 1, 2022, 10:09am; Reply: 212
Their 2020/21 accounts are now up:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00123622/filing-history
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, April 1, 2022, 10:20am; Reply: 213
Alex May is bidding for takeover
Posted by: Poojah, April 1, 2022, 11:53am; Reply: 214
Quoted from Zero_as_a_limit

Assessment from the excellent Price of Football here. Well worth reading the full thread; there are some astonishing statements in there, not least a total spend of wages since 2013 of £41m.

More remarkable than that though for me, is a combined wage bill of £8.1m in 2020 and 2021. Let that sink in; £8.1m to have the club sink to one of the poorest Division 4 campaigns in living memory. That’s an almost criminal mismanagement of a football club.

Look, putting to one side that it’s always funny to see your rivals get relegated (even slightly cathartic when you consider all that we’ve had to endure ourselves), I fúcking despise people who destroy community football clubs in this way. See Charles Koppel and Pete Winkelman of Wimbledon, George Reynolds of Darlington, Steve Dale of Bury. Different methods perhaps, but all equally destructive.

Peter Swann is a wrecking ball going through Scunthorpe United football club, and sadly I’m only speaking slightly figuratively. Still, the anger emanating from the Iron fam base is little more than tepid - I really don’t get it. The damage being done is irreversible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1509784704916017164
Posted by: aldi_01, April 1, 2022, 12:49pm; Reply: 215
Quoted from Poojah

Assessment from the excellent Price of Football here. Well worth reading the full thread; there are some astonishing statements in there, not least a total spend of wages since 2013 of £41m.

More remarkable than that though for me, is a combined wage bill of £8.1m in 2020 and 2021. Let that sink in; £8.1m to have the club sink to one of the poorest Division 4 campaigns in living memory. That’s an almost criminal mismanagement of a football club.

Look, putting to one side that it’s always funny to see your rivals get relegated (even slightly cathartic when you consider all that we’ve had to endure ourselves), I fúcking despise people who destroy community football clubs in this way. See Charles Koppel and Pete Winkelman of Wimbledon, George Reynolds of Darlington, Steve Dale of Bury. Different methods perhaps, but all equally destructive.

Peter Swann is a wrecking ball going through Scunthorpe United football club, and sadly I’m only speaking slightly figuratively. Still, the anger emanating from the Iron fam base is little more than tepid - I really don’t get it. The damage being done is irreversible.

Agree with it being tepid but in truth, had it not been for Alex May and Lloyd Griffith tweeting about it, the passivity from town fans was clear to see.

Swann has smashed the club to pieces in the same was as those you mention. I’ve a very good friend who’s a true scunny fan and was the first to congratulate me when we went up in 2016. They’re going down Becauee they’re terrible but much like us, they’ve been poorly run for years with seemingly little challenge. The numbers, however, are staggering. Eye watering in fact.

On the other thread we talked about teams spending big and gaining success, soccernomics proving that theory, here we have the anomaly…

Is it flipping hilarious that a rival is going down, too right. It’s comedy gold especially with so little fight. Is it sad to see a football club so poorly managed? Definitely, whoever they are.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 1, 2022, 1:00pm; Reply: 216
All of a sudden it makes the relegation battle in this league a bit more interesting because Kings Lynn or Weymouth might survive another year in this league if they can finish third bottom.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 2, 2022, 8:18pm; Reply: 217

Would expect the Mansfield fans will outnumber the Scunny fans at Glanford Park (or whatever it is called) next Saturday, especially with Mansfield chasing a play-off spot.

The day Scunny could officially be relegated if results go against them  ;)

Posted by: Heisenberg, April 2, 2022, 8:49pm; Reply: 218

Would expect the Mansfield fans will outnumber the Scunny fans at Glanford Park (or whatever it is called) next Saturday, especially with Mansfield chasing a play-off spot.

The day Scunny could officially be relegated if results go against them  ;)

Weymouth is a mighty long way to travel for football next weekend. If only there was a nearby alternative…..
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 2, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 219
I don’t get this love in about them. We’re they, or others, sympathetic when we got the drop last season or all those years ago? So all I can say is, these moments get to bite you on the bottom!

Chomp chomp
Posted by: rancido, April 3, 2022, 12:08am; Reply: 220
I always thought that schadenfreude was a bit perverse, almost cruel and heartless but in the case of Scumthorpes situation I find it so satisfying.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 3, 2022, 11:17am; Reply: 221
You have to stoop pretty low to take delight in the demise of a local rival, on this occasion I'm happy to occupy that space.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 3, 2022, 5:38pm; Reply: 222
Quoted from Poojah

Just looked at that thread on Twitter, taxable losses of £19million 🥺
Posted by: It Bites, April 3, 2022, 8:15pm; Reply: 223
'i don't know how to copy a link but please go read Swanns statement. It's so familiar
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 3, 2022, 8:19pm; Reply: 224
Quoted from It Bites
'i don't know how to copy a link but please go read Swanns statement. It's so familiar

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/april/statement-from-peter-swann/
Posted by: RonMariner, April 4, 2022, 3:50pm; Reply: 225
Talk of bouncing straight back next season.

Boy, are they in for a rude awakening!
Posted by: RonMariner, April 4, 2022, 6:26pm; Reply: 226
Should Scunts lose at the weekend and Oldham win, they are relegated.
Posted by: Poojah, April 4, 2022, 6:34pm; Reply: 227
Quoted from RonMariner
Should Scunts lose at the weekend and Oldham win, they are relegated.

Barrow would need to win too, wouldn’t they? Either way, it’s an inevitability now - the only question remaining is whether Scunny can even muster another point this season.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, April 4, 2022, 10:14pm; Reply: 228
If Scunny lose the next two matches they are down no matter what other teams do. Can't see Oldham or Barrow winning this weekend.
Posted by: It Bites, April 8, 2022, 5:16pm; Reply: 229
Potential new owners at their game tomorrow. Incredible that someone wants to buy them and it took Grimsby Town years and years to get someone interested. Hope they're not Tyre Kickers 🙄🙄
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 8, 2022, 5:37pm; Reply: 230
Quoted from It Bites
Potential new owners at their game tomorrow. Incredible that someone wants to buy them and it took Grimsby Town years and years to get someone interested. Hope they're not Tyre Kickers 🙄🙄

Looking forward to pictures emerging of Alex Kapikanya or whatever he's called this week entering the ground.
Posted by: blundellpork, April 8, 2022, 5:38pm; Reply: 231
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Looking forward to pictures emerging of Alex Kapikanya or whatever he's called this week entering the ground.

Well he does have an interest in East Midlands football clubs.
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2022, 6:12pm; Reply: 232
Will tomorrow be relegation confirmation day for them ??
Posted by: wigworld, April 8, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 233
Quoted from acko338
Will tomorrow be relegation confirmation day for them ??

If Oldham win and Scunny lose, just about.
(They could still mathematically escape relegation if they can overcome a goal difference of 26+)
Posted by: rancido, April 8, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 234
Quoted from It Bites

I think they are more likely to be tyre nickers.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 8, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 235
Quoted from It Bites

Waiting for a picture of a roll-necked wearing egomaniac being lauded over by both fans in the home end tomorrow
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 8, 2022, 7:26pm; Reply: 236
Quoted from It Bites

Wait until they realise how much he wants for it…..
Posted by: HerveJosse, April 8, 2022, 8:44pm; Reply: 237
Quoted from It Bites

I wouldn’t scoff to much.An owner who wants to sell .Balance sheet cleaned up most of the loans written off. Wage bill slashed. New owners may enter in a much better position then is assumed on this thread and if they have the where with all may surprise.Whatever you say about Swann he seems to understand that past losses have gone and could not recouped on a sale unlike our previous owner
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 8, 2022, 9:06pm; Reply: 238
Quoted from HerveJosse

I wouldn’t scoff to much.An owner who wants to sell .Balance sheet cleaned up most of the loans written off. Wage bill slashed. New owners may enter in a much better position then is assumed on this thread and if they have the where with all may surprise.Whatever you say about Swann he seems to understand that past losses have gone and could not recouped on a sale unlike our previous owner

Swann can sell the club for £1 because he still owns the very valuable land their stadium sits on.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 9, 2022, 6:43pm; Reply: 239
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Swann can sell the club for £1 because he still owns the very valuable land their stadium sits on.

Anyone handing over a quid will expect change….,.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 10, 2022, 9:52am; Reply: 240
They really were woeful yesterday  (I needed to watch something to cheer me up!)

The tennis ball/pathetic pitch invasion was the highlight.

Well, that and the Mansfield goals
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 10, 2022, 12:16pm; Reply: 241
Quoted from jamesgtfc

In the present climate I doubt he’d get much for it
Posted by: exiledmeggie, April 10, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 242
Quoted from RonMariner

Anyone handing over a quid will expect change….,.

Surely the pound coin is worth more than the club!
Posted by: It Bites, April 10, 2022, 7:43pm; Reply: 243
5 wins in 62 games .... Incredible
Posted by: RonMariner, April 10, 2022, 10:08pm; Reply: 244
Quoted from It Bites
5 wins in 62 games .... Incredible

Yes, and it's sickening to think that one of those 5 sent us down.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 11, 2022, 9:15am; Reply: 245
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, and it's sickening to think that one of those 5 sent us down.

I think there was more than 1 that sent us down!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 11, 2022, 9:25am; Reply: 246
And that was earlier in the season anyway. They won their next 3 after hammering us.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 11, 2022, 9:40am; Reply: 247
We really have nobody to blame except ourselves and the moron that ran the club for 17 years.

Scunny could be bought by the end of the week, my mates not usually far wrong…
Posted by: The Yard Dog, April 11, 2022, 11:04am; Reply: 248
Quoted from HerveJosse

Still need somewhere to play.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, April 11, 2022, 11:09am; Reply: 249
Quoted from HerveJosse

New owners at Gainsborough Trinity were left with a fledgling club, relegated for the first time in their history!

But the Scunts with no ground, I would not be surprised to see a Casino built there?
Posted by: Poojah, April 11, 2022, 11:11am; Reply: 250
Quoted from exiledmeggie

New owners at Gainsborough Trinity were left with a fledgling club, relegated for the first time in their history!

But the Scunts with no ground, I would not be surprised to see a Casino built there?

Anyone for a game of Pontoon?
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, April 11, 2022, 12:29pm; Reply: 251
Quoted from aldi_01
We really have nobody to blame except ourselves and the moron that ran the club for 17 years.

Scunny could be bought by the end of the week, my mates not usually far wrong…

So will Swann write off his ‘benign’ ownership of the land or have these buyers suddenly found £18m to waste?
Posted by: aldi_01, April 11, 2022, 12:50pm; Reply: 252

So will Swann write off his ‘benign’ ownership of the land or have these buyers suddenly found £18m to waste?

Much like plenty of town fans know a lot about their club, the few scunny fans do.

There’s a possibility that Swann won’t want the full amount given his ownership of various assets and desperation to offload the club.

Posted by: Poojah, April 11, 2022, 1:14pm; Reply: 253
Well, I must say, they seem to be taking it all very well. This is a quote from their forum:

Quoted Text
See you there Irish, really looking forward to this one, my grandsons birthday and highly likely we will be there to see them relegated if not we will have won a game, no lose scenario for us.

What a bizarre attitude.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, April 11, 2022, 1:19pm; Reply: 254
Quoted from Poojah
Well, I must say, they seem to be taking it all very well. This is a quote from their forum:

What a bizarre attitude.

Sums them up. Gone down without even the pretence of a fight.
Posted by: rancido, April 11, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 255
Quoted from exiledmeggie

Weren't Gainsborough Trinity a football league club until the mid 1920's?
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 11, 2022, 9:09pm; Reply: 256
Quoted from rancido

Weren't Gainsborough Trinity a football league club until the mid 1920's?

They were promoted to the FL in 1896 and relegated in 1912.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 257
Fat lady on stage singing her heart out.
Posted by: It Bites, April 15, 2022, 3:33pm; Reply: 258
3-0 after 30 mins
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 3:02am