Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 24, 2022, 1:23pm
Being made to play behind closed doors in their next home match.

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/statement-from-the-board-of-directors
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 24, 2022, 1:37pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Les Brechin
Being made to play behind closed doors in their next home match.

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/statement-from-the-board-of-directors

They do that anyway, don’t they?
Posted by: Spatchcock, February 24, 2022, 4:02pm; Reply: 2
What makes me laugh is it said they were surprised to receive a prohibition notice in the post.

The notice would have been immediately served to the responsible person by the HSE!

What's probably happened is an initial warning was given, then an improvement notice served as the required works to make it safe haven't been completed.  Then during their last home game, either a person or persons have been injured or something dangerous has occurred to warrant a prohibition notice to be served. Usually a RIDDOR.

That's what I think anyway?
Posted by: pizzzza, February 24, 2022, 4:22pm; Reply: 3
You've got no fans!
Posted by: Spatchcock, February 24, 2022, 5:12pm; Reply: 4
You've got no ground 😃
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 24, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 5
Not a surprise given the condition of the place when we played there in the Autumn.
Posted by: bradzmilne, February 24, 2022, 6:30pm; Reply: 6
When we went earlier on in the season, I thought the ground was far from fit for purpose.

Worst ground I’ve seen at this level
Posted by: Kris2, February 24, 2022, 6:46pm; Reply: 7
" the club has invested £200,000 over the last 2-years on improving the stadium and supporter facilities."

Jesus, how bad was it before then?  ;D. Getting banned from having supporters at home games because your ground is falling to pieces is one of the most tinpot things that happened this season probably. Their main stand looks like my garden shed.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 24, 2022, 7:04pm; Reply: 8
Surely the National League must have rules on ground standards. If so they must be very low for it to be allowed in the first place.

Haven't they got a concrete gun turret in one corner?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 24, 2022, 7:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Surely the National League must have rules on ground standards. If so they must be very low for it to be allowed in the first place.

Haven't they got a concrete gun turret in one corner?

If Dale was still at Town he’d think it was a good idea.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 25, 2022, 8:12am; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If Dale was still at Town he’d think it was a good idea.

Wonder if he’s suggested one to his mate at the development he’s got going on?
Posted by: bedders78, February 25, 2022, 9:19am; Reply: 11
At the time I described it as a group of sheds on an allotment and I stand by this
Posted by: coddy60, February 25, 2022, 12:16pm; Reply: 12
I shouldn't take the urine too much, believe we've been told to sort the roofs out on 3 of BPs stands a little while back...
Posted by: aldi_01, February 25, 2022, 12:20pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from coddy60
I shouldn't take the urine too much, believe we've been told to sort the roofs out on 3 of BPs stands a little while back...

Is this like the rumour that the main stand has been at risk of losing its health certificate since about 1996?
Posted by: coddy60, February 26, 2022, 9:55am; Reply: 14
Quoted from aldi_01

Is this like the rumour that the main stand has been at risk of losing its health certificate since about 1996?

Not quite, I know the safety netter who was asked to come in and quote to assist with the pre works
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 27, 2022, 8:20am; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Not a surprise given the condition of the place when we played there in the Autumn.

What I found surprising is that capacity of the away end(s) is 900 in total, think we took 700 but I have no idea how another 200 were getting squeezed in there had there been demand. Was absolutely rammed.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 11:36am