Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 15, 2022, 4:45pm
Hearing rumours that he's signed for York today.

Not sure if permanent or loan though.

Anyone else heard anything?
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 15, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 1
Heard nothing Les. Wish him well whereever he ends up as I don't see him playing for us at this stage of his career.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 15, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 2
correct
https://twitter.com/YorkCityFC/status/1493623640046321666
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 15, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 3
Recently closed their York store so one in one out
Posted by: Hagrid, February 15, 2022, 4:55pm; Reply: 4
big lenny fan, gives his absolute all, just think the injuries have maybe caught up with him, and at his age he needs to be playing
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 15, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 5
It's on loan.

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/first-team/john-lewis-signs-loan-grimsby
Posted by: Kris2, February 15, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 6
Has struggled to get back in the side after injury issues so probably a good idea to go get some games.
Posted by: quebec38, February 15, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 7
It was sad to hear the groans and suchlike when he was involved this season. His ability and effectiveness does seem to be on the decline though. Good move to send him out for a month. We have Abrahams now to play second fiddle to Taylor who is infinitely more mobile than LJL. Maybe, just maybe Lenny will hit the ground running and come back in a months time for an important run-in full of confidence once more. It’s not that long since he left Hereford having accumulated a good goal tally.
If it doesn’t work out at York, then nothing is lost really.

Best of luck to him though of course. Doubt this means we are signing another centre forward however.
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 15, 2022, 5:52pm; Reply: 8
While Lenny wasn’t going to be the answer can’t believe we are going into last sixteen games with only Taylor who can play as a number nine. Surely this means an incoming.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 15, 2022, 5:55pm; Reply: 9
https://twitter.com/YorkCityFC/status/1493631912677715968
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 15, 2022, 6:02pm; Reply: 10
It makes sense, and it would make even more sense at this stage if he was to stay with York until the end of the season, like the majority of our other loanees are doing with their respective teams. Itll make it much easier to offload him at the end of the season too, the same goes for Rose at Darlington, hopefully.

Unless he scores 10 goals in the next month and is on fire, I can see no reason for him to come back here and not get any game time again, but I would be very surprised if he actually plays in every game for them in the next month. York must be on the bones of their arsse if they need him up front.
Posted by: Poojah, February 15, 2022, 6:06pm; Reply: 11

He looks thrilled to bits.

In all seriousness it’s a real shame York’s now defunct branch of John Lewis closed down, because it’s literally 200 yards from their new ground and that was quite literally the photo opportunity his career was leading up to.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 15, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Poojah

He looks thrilled to bits.

In all seriousness it’s a real shame York’s now defunct branch of John Lewis closed down, because it’s literally 200 yards from their new ground and that was quite literally the photo opportunity his career was leading up to.

Looking at the size of him. The actual shop would look like a corner shop !!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 15, 2022, 6:13pm; Reply: 13
Good luck to him but if we’re to progress we need better than Lenny
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 15, 2022, 6:19pm; Reply: 14
It makes sense, and it would make even more sense at this stage if he was to stay with York until the end of the season, like the majority of our other loanees are doing with their respective teams. Itll make it much easier to offload him at the end of the season too, the same goes for Rose at Darlington, hopefully.

Unless he scores 10 goals in the next month and is on fire, I can see no reason for him to come back here and not get any game time again, but I would be very surprised if he actually plays in every game for them in the next month. York must be on the bones of their arsse if they need him up front.

Why would it make it easier to offload him?

If his contact ends then he just leaves Shirley?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 15, 2022, 6:32pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HerveJosse
While Lenny wasn’t going to be the answer can’t believe we are going into last sixteen games with only Taylor who can play as a number nine. Surely this means an incoming.

Isn't that what Abrahams is?

For what it's worth, Abrahams looks like more of a winger to me.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, February 15, 2022, 6:37pm; Reply: 16
Good luck Lenny hope you do well.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 15, 2022, 6:41pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry

Why would it make it easier to offload him?

If his contact ends then he just leaves Shirley?

Yes when his contract ends he can just leave, but I meant that if he was playing regularly for York, then he may want to sign and stay there. I know recently that several of the players who have left us have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent to give them an easier route back into signing for another team. In the good old days, it would have been classed as a free transfer, which included all the contract deals etc etc. Now its a lot easier to terminate and let them find their own way from there on in.

Posted by: Les Brechin, February 15, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 18
On the bench tonight for their home game v Telford.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 15, 2022, 8:17pm; Reply: 19
CDAJAT(that)L for sure!
Posted by: acko338, February 15, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 20
15 minutes off the bench tonight !
Posted by: forza ivano, February 15, 2022, 10:11pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from acko338
15 minutes off the bench tonight !

And stuck one over the bar!

Dear old Lennie - hope it works out for all parties
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 16, 2022, 12:03am; Reply: 22

Yes when his contract ends he can just leave, but I meant that if he was playing regularly for York, then he may want to sign and stay there. I know recently that several of the players who have left us have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent to give them an easier route back into signing for another team. In the good old days, it would have been classed as a free transfer, which included all the contract deals etc etc. Now its a lot easier to terminate and let them find their own way from there on in.

I would have thought that if York wanted him to sign they would wait till the end of the season, I doubt they are currently paying his full wage. Also I assume if LJL wanted to sign for York he would want to wait till the end of the season as I would have thought he would be on quite a lot less at York than here.  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 16, 2022, 10:51am; Reply: 23
Love the guy.
Met him on a night out when we beat Eastleigh in the play-offs, and couldn't off been more genuine!

Him & Coke give us a tiny bit of hope last season, and wish him nothing but the best!
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 7:02am