Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 5, 2022, 5:56pm
Ahem…….Scunny.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, February 5, 2022, 6:02pm; Reply: 1
The Scunts are pulling clear, at the bottom of the league.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 5, 2022, 6:13pm; Reply: 2
And Wrexham lose which always makes me laugh
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 5, 2022, 6:14pm; Reply: 3
I reckon they were so in awe of our total ineptitude that they thought that this season they want to emulate our failings.......

..........and they are doing really well too.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 5, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 4
There’s one thing they are good at though, losing!!
Posted by: moosey_club, February 5, 2022, 6:30pm; Reply: 5
Oh come on....they like us have dedicated lifelong supporters who are beginning to feel the dread and fear that we previously have .......twice......having lived that would you really wish that on any dyed in the wool fan ?
Like all average fans ...they just end up dealing with the results of adequate/inadequate chairman.
No need to gloat.

Did anyone actually buy that??  😁  FCK EM !

To oblivion and beyond ...sCUNTS.
Posted by: Meza, February 5, 2022, 6:47pm; Reply: 6
(lff3)

[tweet]1490013302654648324[/tweet]
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 5, 2022, 6:54pm; Reply: 7
I think if we're being realistic the likelihood of us going up is remote looking at the competition for promotion, though it has to be said them coming down looks a certainty and that makes me smile!!
Posted by: mimma, February 5, 2022, 6:56pm; Reply: 8
Noticed that Hunt was an unused sub for Oldham. Wonder if he is beginning to regret going there.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 5, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 9
They’re doomed .
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 5, 2022, 7:57pm; Reply: 10
When will league 2 clubs learn that most national league clubs will come up and be perfectly competent at that level, meaning with four league 1 teams entering, and two competent national league teams likely finishing midtable or higher, if you dont seriously step it up in a big way after escaping once, you will eventually get forced down the plughole, its inevitable
Posted by: chaos33, February 5, 2022, 7:59pm; Reply: 11
Oldham are utterly hopeless, so Scunny must be worse. How sad.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 6, 2022, 6:04am; Reply: 12
Oldham v scunny was the footballing equivalent of two bald blokes arguing over a comb…

It will feel mega being an Oldham fan but both them and scunny are so bad you’d imagine if there’s any justice in the game, much like last year, they will go down.
Posted by: grimps, February 6, 2022, 7:10am; Reply: 13
With Scunny’s debts , fans base ( or lack of one ) I really can’t see them getting back in the league for a long time
Posted by: Meza, February 6, 2022, 9:22am; Reply: 14
When will league 2 clubs learn that most national league clubs will come up and be perfectly competent at that level, meaning with four league 1 teams entering, and two competent national league teams likely finishing midtable or higher, if you dont seriously step it up in a big way after escaping once, you will eventually get forced down the plughole, its inevitable

It was done 1 Up, then changed to 2 up due to pressure.  But this was to stop the number of unfashionable clubs from getting into the league.  This was over 50 years ago, and its about time this got changed, 3 up 3 down.
Posted by: Maringer, February 6, 2022, 9:27am; Reply: 15
Not going to happen, though, is it? You'd have to have the agreement of the L2 clubs (as well as the others) and turkeys don't tend to vote for Christmas given the chance.

Not a chance we'd have voted for 3 up 3 down after we got back into the league last time around!
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 6, 2022, 9:33am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
Not going to happen, though, is it? You'd have to have the agreement of the L2 clubs (as well as the others) and turkeys don't tend to vote for Christmas given the chance.

Not a chance we'd have voted for 3 up 3 down after we got back into the league last time around!

I agree, by why exactly is it up to the clubs? Ludicrous really. It should be up to the FA, for the good of football, not the EFL who’ll always be biased. It shouldn’t be decided by EFL members, it should be a decision imposed upon them.
Posted by: Meza, February 6, 2022, 9:44am; Reply: 17
I know it won't Maringer.

It would be good if the FA were to climbed out of the PL/EFL's pocket and start running the FA like they should.  I'm afraid the PL run football.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2022, 9:46am; Reply: 18
The league should align with EFL on promotion and relegation. I've said that whether we are in it or not.

It may make it statistically more likely for you to go down into non league, but the opposite is also true in that it would be easier to get back out again.

4 up and 2 down from league 2 has always struck me as odd and non league is more akin to a league 3 now, with many more professional outfits than was the case for many years.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 6, 2022, 9:52am; Reply: 19
Do the PL run football or have they just realised that the FA are spineless so just go with whatever they see benefits their product?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 6, 2022, 10:20am; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
The league should align with EFL on promotion and relegation. I've said that whether we are in it or not.

It may make it statistically more likely for you to go down into non league, but the opposite is also true in that it would be easier to get back out again.

4 up and 2 down from league 2 has always struck me as odd and non league is more akin to a league 3 now, with many more professional outfits than was the case for many years.

For this to go through there would have to be some form of leverage that would make it equitable in the eyes of the EFL, in their mind I'm not sure it exists. I 100% agree with you and have done for ages. Possibly a 3rd one for the drop from the EFL would make the lower half of L2 more competitive.
Posted by: supertown, February 6, 2022, 10:29am; Reply: 21
If it went from 1 to 2 then it can go from 2 to 3
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 6, 2022, 11:38am; Reply: 22
Div 2 turkeys should vote for Christmas.  If relegated (after says one bad season) they generally face years trying to get back.  Stockport and York dropped even further.

With 3 up and 3 down NL would be less an of ex-EFL clubs graveyard. More movement between the leagues and not a logjam in our division.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 6, 2022, 1:24pm; Reply: 23
Back to Scunny:  walking in York this afternoon saw a young lad with his parents in full footy gear.  He was wearing Scunny colours.  I thought you poor sod, you do not know what is coming to you in NL.  Playing teams that you have never heard of etc.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 6, 2022, 1:34pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Div 2 turkeys should vote for Christmas.  If relegated (after says one bad season) they generally face years trying to get back.  Stockport and York dropped even further.

With 3 up and 3 down NL would be less an of ex-EFL clubs graveyard. More movement between the leagues and not a logjam in our division.

Surely the answer to this is for the league to take control of the situation and form a league 3 with gates in the national league often dwarfing league two this should be welcomed by all clubs
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Back to Scunny:  walking in York this afternoon saw a young lad with his parents in full footy gear.  He was wearing Scunny colours.  I thought you poor sod, you do not know what is coming to you in NL.  Playing teams that you have never heard of etc.

Been in Brid over the weekend and most footy shirts I saw were Prem, with the odd Hull shirt.

As an aside, had another tortuous trip home with the bridge closing again just as we reached it. Was open when we left Brid, although down to 30mph restriction, but changed status as we got there.

Another detour back to Goole and another load of expensive diesel to boot.  :(
Posted by: Phil the cod, February 6, 2022, 6:29pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

They should be used to that.........as nobody has heard of scunny.
National League fans visiting Thier sardine tin ground will think........there's always someone worse off than us 😁
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 8:42pm