Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 9, 2021, 4:59pm

Should be interesting seeing as we visit on Saturday.

Aldershot have lost all six of their home matches this season, no pressure on Wrexham then.

Come on "The Shots" but not too much  :)
Posted by: Poojah, November 9, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Should be interesting seeing as we visit on Saturday.

Aldershot have lost all six of their home matches this season, no pressure on Wrexham then.

Come on "The Shots" but not too much  :)

Wrexham were 2-0 up when the original game was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch just after half-time, leading to the chaotic scenes of Wrexham players attempting to ‘mop’ the pitch.

I can’t help but think it would be fúcking hilarious if Wrexham were to lose the rearranged fixture, which would almost certainly signal the demise of Phil Parkinson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenBlundell/status/1444324270964977664
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 9, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 2
Here's hoping for a bad tempered night...
Posted by: Morris Minor, November 9, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 3
Already heading for their 7th consecutive home defeat.
Hang on we are up next.
Good ol' Grimsby is bound to break the sequence.  UTM
Posted by: barrattstandman, November 9, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 4
It won't be 8 on the bounce . Law of averages and GTFC and their generosity in these situations .
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, November 9, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 5
2 quick goals from Wrexham in the last 5 mins of the first half. 0-2 at halftime.
Posted by: lukeo, November 9, 2021, 9:00pm; Reply: 6
Watched 10 minutes of it from a friend who's at the game who's a shots fan.. For 8 of those minutes it was 11 shots players behind the ball defending deap and Wrexham knocking passing it around like it was a training game 😂
Posted by: Poojah, November 9, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 7
Three Shots players on yellow cards at half time. Time to get stuck in and defend yer honour, lads.
Posted by: Poojah, November 9, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 8
0-4 Wrexham with half an hour to go. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing for Town.

Regardless, Saturday is looking increasingly like a game we have to be winning.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 9, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 9
0-5

But a disappointing lack of ill discipline from Shots
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 9, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 10
Why am I now nervous?....you just know this has got Wealdstone written all over it!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 9, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 11

0-5 Wrexham
Posted by: Poojah, November 9, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from AdamHaddock
0-5

But a disappointing lack of ill discipline from Shots

If you can’t beat ‘em, you may as well fight ‘em.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 9, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 13

Let's hope we want it more on Saturday  ??)
Posted by: denni266, November 9, 2021, 10:00pm; Reply: 14
Should only lose 2-0 then on saturday  ;) ;D
Posted by: sydney, November 9, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 15
Come on Town!!
Time to show we are serious title contenders on Sat
Posted by: DB, November 10, 2021, 1:43am; Reply: 16
A win for us on Saturday is what we need to get away from all this negativity. After the Maidenhead and Bromley games we bounced back to beat Dover 6 - 0. This match is just the ticket for us to go back to top the league, Boreham Wood are at Alty and Chesterfield play Weymouth so our goal difference might improve as well.
Posted by: oochiad, November 10, 2021, 8:31am; Reply: 17
I know Mcatee is injured but if we are to be serious title contenders we do need to win on Saturday……
Posted by: Poojah, November 10, 2021, 9:19am; Reply: 18
Quoted from oochiad
I know Mcatee is injured but if we are to be serious title contenders we do need to win on Saturday……

I tell you what, I hadn’t quite appreciated just how dismal Aldershot have been this season. They’ve lost their last six, which included a defeat to Bowers & Pitsea in the FA Cup, and seven out of the last eight (the exception being a win against Dover).

They’ve lost twelve matches all season (including all of their home games), which is more than Dover. Their home record reads played 7, lost 7, scored 4 conceded 17.

I don’t think I’m being melodramatic in saying that if we can’t beat these on Saturday, with or without John McAtee, then we can probably forget about any title challenge. You couldn’t really have asked for a better fixture to help us emerge from our little spell of poor form.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 10, 2021, 9:29am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Poojah

I tell you what, I hadn’t quite appreciated just how dismal Aldershot have been this season. They’ve lost their last six, which included a defeat to Bowers & Pitsea in the FA Cup, and seven out of the last eight (the exception being a win against Dover).

They’ve lost twelve matches all season (including all of their home games), which is more than Dover. Their home record reads played 7, lost 7, scored 4 conceded 17.

I don’t think I’m being melodramatic in saying that if we can’t beat these on Saturday, with or without John McAtee, then we can probably forget about any title challenge. You couldn’t really have asked for a better fixture to help us emerge from our little spell of poor form.

absolutely.

I dont think its arrogant to say we should, could, have to win.

they are clearly dogshit, and if we have any aspirations of going up, we have to come away with 3 points
Print page generated: May 26, 2024, 7:37pm