Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, November 5, 2021, 9:14am
Installed as Scunny manager.
Posted by: Mallyner, November 5, 2021, 9:27am; Reply: 1
Quoted from tintowner

It was a strange one when Tranmere sacked him in May 2021, with a win rate of 50% over 40 games,
He had taken them to the 2 Division play offs and the Papa John's final just before; and won neither afterwards.

Sounds like he could have moved to a similar chairman.  ;)
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 5, 2021, 9:30am; Reply: 2
Sadly, I think we'll see them get their act together under him and move to safety. He's got loads of time.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 5, 2021, 10:22am; Reply: 3
Sadly, I think we'll see them get their act together under him and move to safety. He's got loads of time.

He'll do OK there considering their crap squad. He's a good manager it just depends how he gets on with the Chairman
Posted by: thefish, November 5, 2021, 10:31am; Reply: 4
Quoted from tintowner

Poor bloke held at gun point?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 5, 2021, 1:00pm; Reply: 5

Hope so!!

Need a derby for next season....
Posted by: ginnywings, November 5, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 6
Good appointment. Always liked him, good lower league manager.
Posted by: toontown, November 5, 2021, 9:17pm; Reply: 7
Yeah surprised they got someone as credible as him to be honest, still got a tough job but they've probably gone and given themselves a fighting chance of getting out of bother. Damn!
Posted by: Abdul19, November 5, 2021, 9:26pm; Reply: 8
I think this is a really good appointment for them. But then again, I thought that Mike Newell and Ian Holloway were good appointments for us, so there you go.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 5, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 9
Never liked the bloke to be honest, all the more reason not to like him now.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 5, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 10
I’ve always liked the fact he looks like he plays centre back for The Leaking Boot.
Posted by: DB, November 5, 2021, 10:01pm; Reply: 11
Swann likes to pay for his managers. It all resembles Brian Little at Gainsborough to me. No money, transfer embargo, and too much. No local derby, again, for us they'll be down and we'll be up. ;) ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 6, 2021, 6:19am; Reply: 12
Given their situation, this looks a pretty good appointment. Unfortunately.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 6, 2021, 7:48am; Reply: 13
As my scunny supporting mate says, “ it’s the best appointment we could’ve hoped for…if it works, great. If it doesn’t we’re copulated because we’ve tried everything else…”
Posted by: RonMariner, November 6, 2021, 11:28am; Reply: 14
He is a decent manager and should get the best out of what they have.I think they will stay up. It's not as if they are miles adrift is it?

Like others have said, let them stay up so that we can give them a good tonking next season.

I sincerely hope our next derby with them is in L2, not the National League.
Posted by: GrimExile, November 6, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
I think this is a really good appointment for them. But then again, I thought that Mike Newell and Ian Holloway were good appointments for us, so there you go.

Totally agree. I thought Holloway was the Messiah, my god I couldn’t have been more wrong if I’d tried!! 😆😆
Posted by: RonMariner, November 6, 2021, 11:45am; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimExile

Totally agree. I thought Holloway was the Messiah, my god I couldn’t have been more wrong if I’d tried!! 😆😆

You are not alone. I think most of us were taken in. Same with Newall.
Posted by: GrimExile, November 6, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from RonMariner

You are not alone. I think most of us were taken in. Same with Newall.

Correct Ron!
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 5:07pm