Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 2, 2021, 5:26pm
Just wondering, if like me, any of you wonder if its time for The Fishy to be split into two rooms ? As a result of the latest Racist/Homophobic thread to have now stretched to 24 pages of mind numbing dullness maybe we could make the following alterations.

Room 1/ Only available to self loathing liberals in order that they could discuss today's hot topics such as, should we take the knee ? Who said what to who and who was offended by it, Who's come out as a Gambian Tree Frog, Who is today self identifying as a Bi-sexual biscuit barrel etc etc, you get my drift. This room could be a bit like Twitter on steroids !

Room 2/ Only available to football fans looking to discuss the daily/weekly events at Blundell Park. A safe space where you are free to enjoy light hearted banter with other football fans without the threat of being cancelled by someone.

Please let me know your thoughts.

If you are unsure of your room, I'm happy to read your previous posts and allocate a room to you.

No need to thank me,  ;)

Posted by: Bignic69, November 2, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 1
Or the moderators could just kick more stuff like that to non-football once it goes off subject
Posted by: Abdul19, November 2, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 2
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 2, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Just wondering, if like me, any of you wonder if its time for The Fishy to be split into two rooms ? As a result of the latest Racist/Homophobic thread to have now stretched to 24 pages of mind numbing dullness maybe we could make the following alterations.

Room 1/ Only available to self loathing liberals in order that they could discuss today's hot topics such as, should we take the knee ? Who said what to who and who was offended by it, Who's come out as a Gambian Tree Frog, Who is today self identifying as a Bi-sexual biscuit barrel etc etc, you get my drift. This room could be a bit like Twitter on steroids !

Room 2/ Only available to football fans looking to discuss the daily/weekly events at Blundell Park. A safe space where you are free to enjoy light hearted banter with other football fans without the threat of being cancelled by someone.

If you are unsure of your room, I'm happy to read your previous posts and allocate a room to you.

No need to thank me,  ;)

Typical of a non PC twit.

Surely it should be split into 47.3 rooms. .

1 for each gender 😉
Posted by: ska face, November 2, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 4
Tweet 1455581910848184332 will appear here...

We exist to be a place where every Mariner belongs.

Belonging gives identity and meaning to our lives. It defines who we are, and offers us a sense of place, purpose and comfort.

We'll never lose sight of what the 'C' stands for in GTFC. We'll always appreciate what a club should be, and what it has the power to do.

We'll create companionships, friendships and relationships that have the potential to last a lifetime.

We recognise the differences in all of us - but as a football family, our roots will always remain as one.

We'll create a place where people feel accepted and connected, wherever they are in the world.

Every Mariner will always have us to call 'home'.

Absolutely delighted that the club are no longer entertaining the bigots and telling them in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome.
Posted by: darren9, November 2, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 5

24 mind numbing pages, yet you think the best way to solve this problem is to create another thread on the subject? Why? So we can see how hilarious and brave you are. I can’t wait.

Ah there we are … people who don’t agree with your views are ‘self loathing liberals’ the old trope that they’re looking to be offended by anything. Somewhat ironic when you’re clearly offended by their offence and have created this thread in order to offend those who have offended you by being offended by something you think they shouldn’t be offended by. It’s a never ending circle of people getting offended by people here. But not you, you don’t get offended. That’s for snowflakes isn’t it?

For clarity you don’t have to be a self loathing liberal to understand that discrimination, be it because of race, sexual orientation, gender or (hilariously) if someone wants to be a Gambian tree frog is wrong and it will always be wrong.  

Yes a room where you can spout racist and homophobic views disguised as “light hearted banter” That sounds like a fun place for everyone doesn’t it?
Expressing these views isn’t banter it’s hate speech and in some cases it’s illegal.
Look, if you’re that much of a dinosaur that you hold those views that’s up to you. Me, or anyone else on the internet or anyone else won’t get you to change them. But, you’ve been told by the law and by the club that you can’t express them. It isn’t cancelling you it’s just being part of a civilised and inclusive society.  

I just have

allocating someone a ‘room’ for their views so you don’t see them sounds a little like cancel culture to me, I thought you were against that?   

No need to thank me,  ;)

I won’t

Posted by: Humbercod, November 2, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ska face

Belonging gives identity and meaning to our lives. It defines who we are, and offers us a sense of place, purpose and comfort.

We'll never lose sight of what the 'C' stands for in GTFC. We'll always appreciate what a club should be, and what it has the power to do.

We'll create companionships, friendships and relationships that have the potential to last a lifetime.

We recognise the differences in all of us - but as a football family, our roots will always remain as one.

We'll create a place where people feel accepted and connected, wherever they are in the world.

Absolutely delighted that the club are no longer entertaining the bigots and telling them in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome.

Can we still say Transgender?
Posted by: LH, November 2, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 7
To paraphrase a former member of GTFC staff: if you don’t like it you could always make your own forum?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 2, 2021, 6:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face

I would not be too delighted if I was you.

The definition of a bigot is "a person who obstinately or intolerantly is devoted to his own opinions and prejudices" which sums you up to a tee.

What else might you do on a Saturday afternoon?
Posted by: Bawmariner, November 2, 2021, 6:49pm; Reply: 9

No need to thank me,  ;)

Complains about inflammatory non football threads. Starts with a derogatory, devisive comment and therefore start another inflammatory non football thread. I completely agree with keeping politics off the football thread but its difficult to that when people are saying stupid things at the match.
Posted by: marinerjase, November 2, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 10

No need to thank me,  ;)

I’ll gladly share my thoughts with you.

The world is ever changing, times change.

You might want to consider going along with it.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 2, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 11

No need to thank me,  ;)

So who’s trying to ‘cancel’ who now?
Posted by: RobDef1, November 2, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from darren9

I don't know you Darren, I can't recall a particular post of yours from the past that I agreed with or disagreed with. But this, this post of yours right here, is possibly the best thing I've read on the fishy since the Poojah rant all those years ago.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 2, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from RobDef1

I don't know you Darren, I can't recall a particular post of yours from the past that I agreed with or disagreed with. But this, this post of yours right here, is possibly the best thing I've read on the fishy since the Poojah rant all those years ago.

Darren actually posted "I won’t" in reply to the original post, not easy to see though  :)
Posted by: RobDef1, November 2, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from promotion plaice

Darren actually posted "I won’t" in reply to the original post, not easy to see though  :)

Ahh, well whoever posted the break down reply. I salute them!
Posted by: darren9, November 2, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from RobDef1

High praise! Thanks. I probably feel as strongly about this issue as the original poster so had to counter the argument.
Posted by: darren9, November 2, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from promotion plaice

I had some problems typing and formatting my reply.
Posted by: chaos33, November 2, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 17
Hmm. There’s an irony here but I can’t be arsed to go into it.
Tell you what - if you think a separate room is needed where you can just make an unopposed decree on what social norms and principles should be applied, you go off and start one. I think the rest of us can be kind and respectful and tolerant of each other whilst all manner of things are discussed, no legislation or policing or threats or segregation, insults or booing required.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 2, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 18

I’m confused.

If I was as easily offended as you.
If I had pre back-pass rule views on race, homosexuality and similar topics.
If I was in denial that problems still exist in respect of these issues.

I would probably look at the thread title. See it clearly marked as something that’s not going to be my bag. Then think, maybe I won’t hypertension my way through all 24 pages of that ‘mind numbing dullness’.

For instance, when Rob sets up your special little banter bazaar - Aswad’s Corner (you can ask Karen Stevens to mod it for you) - and you start a thread called, ‘Bring Back Apartheid To Rhodesia’, I’d like to think I wouldn’t click on it and then start a million further threads moaning about it.

Posted by: chaos33, November 2, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 19
Very good
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 2, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 20
…plus you’re the one who has started a new thread with an ambiguous title.  

I only clicked on this thread because I thought Hurst had signed a new goalkeeper, Robbie Time.

You won’t have Tommy Robinson’d Saturday’s thread in the mistaken belief we had loaned a new striking duo; Hugo Lower-Smith and Gary Racism-Homophobic.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 2, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 21

No need to thank me,  ;)

Bit in bold ….. I bet you never thought retirement would be so exciting did you?

So I have a question for you Sir Matt, define for everyone what “light hearted banter” actually is?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 2, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 22
Yet another pointless thread ...and I wonder why this forum gets so much stick at times....***holds head in hands***
Posted by: HoratiusEberlin, November 2, 2021, 9:50pm; Reply: 23
Eee, the problem is nowadays you can’t bully or belittle anyone. I’m increasingly scared by the pace of change and the overall improvement in people’s welfare means little to me because my own self-worth is dependent on stepping down on others. UTM if I’m still allowed to say that these days by the elite liberal left agenda etc. etc. etc.
Posted by: HerveJosse, November 2, 2021, 10:17pm; Reply: 24
This must be the blah blah blah thread
Posted by: darren9, November 2, 2021, 10:35pm; Reply: 25
This thread has been moved … has it been cancelled or just moved to another forum for light hearted banter?
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 2, 2021, 10:48pm; Reply: 26
Calling darren9 to room 1 please, I repeat darren9 to room 1 please.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 2, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 27
Dirt swept under the carpet again.
Posted by: darren9, November 3, 2021, 6:43am; Reply: 28
Calling darren9 to room 1 please, I repeat darren9 to room 1 please.

Brilliant. I’ve been cancelled. I can’t wait to tell all my comrades at the next M.M.M..M (Monday morning Marxist meeting).

Posted by: Ipswin, November 3, 2021, 12:01pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from darren9

Brilliant. I’ve been cancelled. I can’t wait to tell all my comrades at the next M.M.M..M (Monday morning Marxist meeting).

That's a relief, I thought for a moment you were faking a stutter as in Ronnie Barker's hilarious character Open All Hours (it's not allowed anymore apparently)
Posted by: darren9, November 3, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 30
These days you get arrested and thrown in jail just for saying you’re English.
Posted by: chaos33, November 3, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 31
😂
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 3, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from darren9

What, even if no one on the Fishy heard you say it?
Posted by: darren9, November 3, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 33
Yeah,

these days.

Say you’re English these days mate you’ll be Arrested and then you’ll be thrown in jail.
Posted by: codcheeky, November 3, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from darren9
Yeah,

these days.

Say you’re English these days mate you’ll be Arrested and then you’ll be thrown in jail.

You need to give yourself a bit of a shake up if you believe rhis.  Perhaps you have an inferiority complex, perhaps you do not understand how others might find name’s derogatory, perhaps you really and honestly think that?   You are lucky to have been born in a first world country where unions and others have fought against the system to make sure you have decent healthcare, decent holidays a welfare state that will look after you if you are disabled or find yourself out of work.
No one is going to jail you however much nonsense you spout, if you are frightened of losing the right to be racist, homophobic and sexist I pity you
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, November 3, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from darren9

Thrown in jail and arrested, just for saying you're English? Arrested and thrown in jail?
Posted by: darren9, November 3, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from codcheeky

You need to give yourself a bit of a shake up if you believe rhis.  Perhaps you have an inferiority complex, perhaps you do not understand how others might find name’s derogatory, perhaps you really and honestly think that?   You are lucky to have been born in a first world country where unions and others have fought against the system to make sure you have decent healthcare, decent holidays a welfare state that will look after you if you are disabled or find yourself out of work.
No one is going to jail you however much nonsense you spout, if you are frightened of losing the right to be racist, homophobic and sexist I pity you

I don’t believe this. I believe the opposite of what I wrote. I thought that was obvious from my views posted elsewhere in the thread.

It’s from a bit of the leftie-liberial’s favourite comedian (and therefore mine) Stuart Lee.

It’s brilliant (IMO)

Posted by: Sandford1981, November 3, 2021, 11:38pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from darren9

I don’t believe this. I believe the opposite of what I wrote. I thought that was obvious from my views posted elsewhere in the thread.

It’s from a bit of the leftie-liberial’s favourite comedian (and therefore mine) Stuart Lee.

It’s brilliant (IMO)

Yes it is and Stewart Lee is a genius!

Posted by: codcheeky, November 4, 2021, 3:34am; Reply: 38
Quoted from darren9

It’s brilliant (IMO)

My apologies, I did not read the whole thread, we are in strange times were irony is sometimes harder to spot
Posted by: chaos33, November 4, 2021, 4:43am; Reply: 39
A few of us have been slipping in quotes from Stew to satirise some of the cobblers written here.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 4, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 40
Quoted from darren9

It’s brilliant (IMO)

Just watched your "Comedian" Stuart Lee and can honestly say it was the most unfunny 4 minutes of my life !

Try Micky Flanagan and have a real laugh ! You will feel better for it  ;)

Posted by: aldi_01, November 4, 2021, 12:18pm; Reply: 41

Just watched your "Comedian" Stuart Lee and can honestly say it was the most unfunny 4 minutes of my life !

Try Micky Flanagan and have a real laugh ! You will feel better for it  ;)

Hmm…
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 4, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from chaos33
A few of us have been slipping in quotes from Stew to satirise some of the cobblers written here.

I don't know how I should take this.... my dad was a cobbler  ;)
Posted by: darren9, November 4, 2021, 3:51pm; Reply: 43
Well Comedy is subjective, we can’t all like the same things.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 10:24am