Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 15, 2021, 3:15pm

Breaking News so only snippets coming out.

25 year old man arrested on suspicion of murder.

Tragic news.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 15, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 1
RIP
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 15, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 2
Bloody hell. That's shocking. The second sitting MP to be murdered in recent years.
Posted by: Stadium, October 15, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 3
Such is the country we now live in sadly.
Violent, intolerant, devoid of reason, discussion or debate.
Just aggressive, tub-thumping rhetoric, zero substance to anything.
We’re becoming more like a backwater state of America every day.

For anyone to get stabbed to death for doing their job is tragic.

Sad state.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 15, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Stadium
Such is the country we now live in sadly.
Violent, intolerant, devoid of reason, discussion or debate.
Just aggressive, tub-thumping rhetoric, zero substance to anything.
We’re becoming more like a backwater state of America every day.

For anyone to get stabbed to death for doing their job is tragic.

Sad state.

It doesn't help when a senior member of the Labour Party calling Conservative MPs scum.
Posted by: Stadium, October 15, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

It doesn't help when a senior member of the Labour Party calling Conservative MPs scum.

True.
But by stating someone is scum shouldn't lead to a death sentence.

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 15, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Stadium

True.
But by stating someone is scum shouldn't lead to a death sentence.

I didn't say it did but at the time of the killing of Jo Cox much was made of the rhetoric used in politics and Angela Rayner is clearly too dumb to understand that.

If Rayner had an ounce of integrity she would resign as an MP but I won't hold my breath.
Posted by: Stadium, October 15, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

I didn't say it did but at the time of the killing of Jo Cox much was made of the rhetoric used in politics and Angela Rayner is clearly too dumb to understand that.

If Rayner had an ounce of integrity she would resign as an MP but I won't hold my breath.

As should many other MP's.
However this isn't the time for point scoring.

Posted by: DB, October 15, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 8
A very sad state of affairs. An MP was killed while doing his job, again. RIP
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 15, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Stadium

As should many other MP's.
However this isn't the time for point scoring.

I'm not scoring points, I'm no fan of Labour or the Tories and I don't know of any other MP who has used that sort of language recently.
Posted by: codcheeky, October 15, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm not scoring points, I'm no fan of Labour or the Tories and I don't know of any other MP who has used that sort of language recently.

We have a PM with a dreadful record of lying, racism and sexism, who allegedly had a reporter beaten up, he is what you get when populism is rife, however now is not the time for point scoring on who said what, it is an absolute tragedy that this has happened again, surely we should be able to have enough security to protect our MPs. After Jo Cox’s death security should have been paramount , unfortunately a security check similar to airports should be the minimum. It is sad that this country has come to this.
My heart goes out to his friends and family, Britain is becoming a divided country and hate seems to be the currency, your first reaction is to try and blame Raynor because that’s the way to score points and be divisive, I in return have pointed out we have someone not fit for the job in no. 10.
We are forgetting that people have just lost a member of family or friend in a senseless attack, trying to blame anyone but the the killer without the least evidence is wrong and trying to score political points off someone’s murder against someone not involved is ill thought out whether you meant it that way or not
Posted by: Bogtrotter, October 15, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 11
Tragic. Utterly tragic both for the man and his family, and for democracy.
Posted by: Maringer, October 15, 2021, 11:25pm; Reply: 12
Sounds like a religious nutjob this time. With everything that has been going on in the world, it's easy to forget that this is going to continue to be an issue. Very sad.
Posted by: Humbercod, October 16, 2021, 3:58pm; Reply: 13
Rumours Somalian immigrant!
Posted by: Humbercod, October 16, 2021, 4:00pm; Reply: 14
[quote=140716]Rumours Somalian immigrant!  Have to say if this was a right wing nut job we would already know!
Posted by: Humbercod, October 16, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 15
Rumours Somalian immigrant!  Have to say if this was a right wing nut job we would already know! [/quote]

Posted by: Humbercod, October 16, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Humbercod
Rumours Somalian immigrant!  Have to say if this was a right wing nut job we would already know!

Posted by: DB, October 16, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 17
Had a bit of a stutter Humer Cod? ;) ;)
Posted by: LH, October 16, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 18
The rumours were released by the right wing press last night so not really sure what point you’re making?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 16, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Humbercod
Rumours Somalian immigrant!  Have to say if this was a right wing nut job we would already know!

[/quote]

Would you ever say, “Rumours are that murderer was white man born in England”?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 16, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 20
Now being reported as "a terrorist incident, which may be linked to Islamist extremism."
Posted by: Humbercod, October 17, 2021, 8:37am; Reply: 21
Finally ….Ali Harbi Ali! Just waiting for playdown story now. What’s the betting suffering mental health?
Posted by: aldi_01, October 18, 2021, 5:55am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Humbercod
Finally ….Ali Harbi Ali! Just waiting for playdown story now. What’s the betting suffering mental health?

Well it is…
Posted by: DB, October 18, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 23
It is very sad Sir David Amess died in this way, doing a job that he must have loved. I have just learned that Southend is to be made a City in his honour.

So why isn't Grimsby a City? Anthony Crossland, a former Foreign Secretary ( plus other Govt. positions ) and Austin Mitchell were both prominent MP's for the town so that should surely make Grimsby a City in their honour.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 19, 2021, 6:01am; Reply: 24
Quoted from DB
It is very sad Sir David Amess died in this way, doing a job that he must have loved. I have just learned that Southend is to be made a City in his honour.

So why isn't Grimsby a City? Anthony Crossland, a former Foreign Secretary ( plus other Govt. positions ) and Austin Mitchell were both prominent MP's for the town so that should surely make Grimsby a City in their honour.

This was apparently some passion/obsession of Amess…to her Southend city status.

Their could be a really cynical reason as to why old queenie has deceived on this now…

What are the benefits of being a city? I’ve never really seen why we’d want Grimsby/cleethorpes to be a city but I’d there were some political/economical benefits then I could see the argument…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 19, 2021, 11:42pm; Reply: 25
And answer there came none from Humboimnitaracistbut……
Posted by: Humbercod, October 22, 2021, 9:07am; Reply: 26
Quoted from KingstonMariner
And answer there came none from Humboimnitaracistbut……

Your gaslighting excrement doesn’t work on me sunshine🤨

I always find in life those who shout the loudest usually do so whilst trying to cover up their own agenda. You are becoming a parody, The Dafydd Thomas of the fishy😂
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, October 23, 2021, 8:22am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Humbercod

I always find in life those who shout the loudest usually do so whilst trying to cover up their own agenda. You are becoming a parody, The Dafydd Thomas of the fishy😂

How you getting on with your threatened legal action against me then? Have you shown them the evidence and been laughed out of the room yet? Would love a day in court to see you officially labelled for what you are.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 25, 2021, 11:12pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Humbercod

Still dodging the question then I see.

By the way, are you saying that I think I’m the only gay on the Fishy when it’s actually full of them?
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 7:57pm