Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Oly1987, September 29, 2021, 8:30pm
Just went to try and buy some tickets online but its telling me the site isn't safe, anyone else having the same issue?
Posted by: Kris2, September 29, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 1
Nope. At what point is it telling you that and what exactly is telling you it isn't safe? Many browser add ons that are maintained by users give false positives such as Web of Trust which make it not very accurate. Web protection and virus protection have also been known for false positives.
Posted by: Oly1987, September 29, 2021, 11:08pm; Reply: 2
nevermind seems to be working fine now
Posted by: Jaws, September 29, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 3
Got a ST but bought some tickets for someone else. When did they add the booking fee? I'd have thought it costs more to process the tickets in person?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 30, 2021, 8:17am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Jaws
Got a ST but bought some tickets for someone else. When did they add the booking fee? I'd have thought it costs more to process the tickets in person?

Don't get me started on booking fees and 'admin fees' for booking tickets online, we could be here for some time........
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 30, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 5
Booking fee to get the link sent to phone that's bullshit
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2021, 12:26pm; Reply: 6

Don't get me started on booking fees and 'admin fees' for booking tickets online, we could be here for some time........

I fully agree, you could possibly understand it if it was a third party selling the tickets but if this is purely down to the club then I think it's a rip-off and the new owners should be ashamed of themselves.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 30, 2021, 12:54pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

I fully agree, you could possibly understand it if it was a third party selling the tickets but if this is purely down to the club then I think it's a rip-off and the new owners should be ashamed of themselves.

not like you to go OTT......

yeah its not an ideal situation, but for the sake of a pound are we really that bothered?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, September 30, 2021, 12:59pm; Reply: 8
If you look at the web link when you go to buy online it's all done through https://www.venuetoolbox.com/index

I expect part of the deal to use that is the booking fee.

Funnily enough, the example given in their brochure is Scunthorpe United:

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/VMS/public/vms/Brochure/VMSTicketing.pdf
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 30, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 9
Ita only just been added for this match the booking fee online
Posted by: KingsleysHair, September 30, 2021, 1:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Ita only just been added for this match the booking fee online

I was charged it on both Barnet and Wrexham but heard some didn’t, new system hiccups I assume… Also considering I buy either three or five tickets per game, it saves me compared to the 50p per ticket on the old system. Swings and roundabouts.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

not like you to go OTT......

yeah its not an ideal situation, but for the sake of a pound are we really that bothered?

If it isn't that much why are the club charging it?
Posted by: Hagrid, September 30, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from arryarryarry

If it isn't that much why are the club charging it?

ask them.

this is my first away game since Scunny and the additional pound really doesnt matter to me after 19 months without seeing my team away from BP
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid

ask them.

this is my first away game since Scunny and the additional pound really doesnt matter to me after 19 months without seeing my team away from BP

The club after trumpeting getting a new system in should have said there was going to be a fee.

It may be a  pound now but will the club have any say if this company wants to increase the fee?
Posted by: Croxton, September 30, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid

ask them.

Quite. For exiles, however, who can't pop down to BP or get someone to pick one up then they may end up paying that little amount extra rather more frequently now that tickets are harder to come by. I've just stuck another £70 worth of petrol in my tank for the Dover and Alty trips and don't mind the extra pound as it's paltry compared to my total spend.

I guess a lot of locals also pay the £1 rather than go to BP. Perhaps it helps pay for the shirts our players have been giving away!

As for fuel, what crisis? Three large petrol stations in Hillsborough with all pumps open and no queues today.

Posted by: lukeo, October 1, 2021, 4:13am; Reply: 15
Could be worse you could be paying £15 admin fees for getting a red card on a Saturday afternoon for an amateur football team for getting a red card (£40 + £15 admin fees)...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, October 1, 2021, 7:21am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Croxton

As for fuel, what crisis? Three large petrol stations in Hillsborough with all pumps open and no queues today.

The plural of anecdote isn’t data.
Posted by: Croxton, October 1, 2021, 9:50am; Reply: 17
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The plural of anecdote isn’t data.

Tongue firmly in cheek. Own up if you have uttered one of these recently...

'correlation isn't causation'

' direction of travel'

'drill down'

'granular detail'

For a statto like yourself there will be other examples of dumbing down phrases which have been misused by our 'special correspondents'.
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 1, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 18
Quoted from lukeo
Could be worse you could be paying £15 admin fees for getting a red card on a Saturday afternoon for an amateur football team for getting a red card (£40 + £15 admin fees)...

The exact reason I stopped playing. That, and my Paul Scholes like tackling.
Posted by: Trickytrev, October 1, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 19
Info about the booking fee  :)

Orders placed online or via the telephone will be subject to a £1 booking fee per order, with proceeds being donated to the Youth Development Association.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2021, 1:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Trickytrev

Orders placed online or via the telephone will be subject to a £1 booking fee per order, with proceeds being donated to the Youth Development Association.

That's good to know.
Posted by: gobby, October 1, 2021, 1:13pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from lukeo

Simple answer Luke, don’t get sent off! Oh hang on let me guess, you did nothing wrong it was all the Referees fault! ;D ;D 8)
UTMM
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 1, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 22
Croxton, these observations might be in your DNA.  😏
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 1, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Trickytrev

Well if it helps us get more Grist's Pollock's Wright's and Clifton's i'm in favor of it. They could also as purchaser in the ticket office for a voluntary donation.

Posted by: Barrattstander, October 1, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Trickytrev

I've had an email from the club about this as I hadn't previously paid a booking fee until the Dover game.

Apparently due to teething problems with the new system away fans were being charged £2 and home fans £0...and this has now been rectified to £1 on all bookings.

Or maybe someone did the maths and realised that 50 away fans @ £2 + 2000 home fans @ £0 = £100
but
50 away fans @ £1 + 2000 home fans @ £1 = £2100 per match for the YDA. [For Example only...I've no idea what the real numbers are]

I'm quite happy to pay but am a bit annoyed that it was never explained properly at the time.
Posted by: Croxton, October 1, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Croxton, these observations might be in your DNA.  😏

See what you did there!  Idioms are vital to a living language except when they are used by the highly educated to patronise a whole population. No wonder I'm grumpy, I've lived in Yorkshire for 53 years.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:46am