Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, August 25, 2021, 12:17pm
Brilliant from Jimmy again, i dont know what we'll do when he retires he is so good...!

And failure from Kohli again, the most overrated batsman in the game, his form has been awful for nigh on 3 years
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 25, 2021, 12:43pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Brilliant from Jimmy again, i dont know what we'll do when he retires he is so good...!

And failure from Kohli again, the most overrated batsman in the game, his form has been awful for nigh on 3 years

Jimmy is high class and an all time great and so is Kohli. The former is like a fine wine and the latter is going through a tough period but overrated? Behave!
Posted by: Hagrid, August 25, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Sandford1981

Jimmy is high class and an all time great and so is Kohli. The former is like a fine wine and the latter is going through a tough period but overrated? Behave!

no Centuries for 3 years, no half centuries for 8 test matches. thats not poor form, thats a man who is no longer at the level he once was. if he was not the Indian Captain he would not be in the side  
Posted by: Humbercod, August 25, 2021, 12:58pm; Reply: 3
Anderson is legendary status in the world of cricket get your kids, grandkids watching him and appreciate him whilst he’s still around.
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 25, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid

no Centuries for 3 years, no half centuries for 8 test matches. thats not poor form, thats a man who is no longer at the level he once was. if he was not the Indian Captain he would not be in the side  

He’s a victim of his own very high standards and I’d not argue that he’s operating at a lower level than we’re used to but he’s still not bad and certainly not overrated.
2019 to now he’s averaging over 40 which is far from shoddy and he still averages over 50 in all 3 formats.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 25, 2021, 2:08pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Humbercod
Anderson is legendary status in the world of cricket get your kids, grandkids watching him and appreciate him whilst he’s still around.

incredible isnt he
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 25, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 6

WOW...4 Indian wickets in 6 balls for 0 runs I think that was.

India...67 for 9
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 25, 2021, 3:00pm; Reply: 7
Now for the scary bit…
Posted by: Hagrid, August 25, 2021, 3:33pm; Reply: 8
positive start with the bat, for once
Posted by: Town Monkey, August 25, 2021, 5:50pm; Reply: 9
We’ve avoided the follow on. 😁 been solid batting by the opening pair. I think Sibley might have to wait a while for a recall.
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 25, 2021, 7:05pm; Reply: 10
This must be the best days test cricket for England for a long, long time.
120-0 (not a typo)
Posted by: Abdul19, August 25, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Humbercod

I was at the game today and was a little bit disappointed we skittled out India so easily, because I wanted to see him bowl again!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 26, 2021, 8:45am; Reply: 12
Anderson is 39. Surely his legs have gone by now.  ;)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 26, 2021, 3:22pm; Reply: 13
One would be forgiven for thinking the England scorecard had been hacked...you expect a long list of low numbers and Root - big number.

The decision to bat looks daft with hindsight, but actually Headingley is the one English test venue when the golden rule (from Geoff Boycott I think it was) doesn't apply - if you win the toss, think about it and then bat, when you are facing J. Anderson on a moist morning.
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 26, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
One would be forgiven for thinking the England scorecard had been hacked...you expect a long list of low numbers and Root - big number.

The decision to bat looks daft with hindsight, but actually Headingley is the one English test venue when the golden rule (from Geoff Boycott I think it was) doesn't apply - if you win the toss, think about it and then bat, when you are facing J. Anderson on a moist morning.

Look up not down at Headingley!
It’s been really refreshing to watch orthodox (barring Burns) batting with side on and still technique. Saying that I’ve just jinxed Malan. A tickle and strangled down the leg side. Good knock though.
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 26, 2021, 4:41pm; Reply: 15
Rooooooooooooooooot!!
In the form of his life. Take a bow sir
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 26, 2021, 4:47pm; Reply: 16
The master on his home turf...on drive to the Football Stand end to take him to his hundred - exactly the same spot as G Boycott off Greg Chappell for his hundredth hundred...
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 28, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 17
Nicely wrapped up this morning. Ice bath and rest for Jimmy…
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 28, 2021, 5:18pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Nicely wrapped up this morning. Ice bath and rest for Jimmy…

The over in which he worked over Virat a la Freddie against Ponting all those years ago was something to behold. Bowling of the highest class and deserved a wicket.

Robinson looks every bit the international bowler and Overton has improved significantly since his first stint.

I’m looking forward to seeing Mahmood as I think he cud be a bit special. What a lovely position to be in.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 28, 2021, 6:06pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Sandford1981

The over in which he worked over Virat a la Freddie against Ponting all those years ago was something to behold. Bowling of the highest class and deserved a wicket.

Robinson looks every bit the international bowler and Overton has improved significantly since his first stint.

I’m looking forward to seeing Mahmood as I think he cud be a bit special. What a lovely position to be in.

With the bowling yes, shame Archer and Stokes are out though. I fear the Convicts will shred our batting and Root may not get us out of trouble if exposed to the new ball too much down under.

Posted by: Maringer, September 10, 2021, 9:16am; Reply: 20
Well, it's certainly a different way to get a result...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624
Posted by: Ipswin, September 10, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 21
Can't have players sick when the IPL starts can we?
Posted by: Hagrid, September 10, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Ipswin
Can't have players sick when the IPL starts can we?

exactly... stinks this, they were all negative yesterday

re
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 12:57am