Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 18, 2021, 11:27am
Sean Lock has died aged 58. What a talented guy he was and another person gone far too soon to that illegitimate and odious disease.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 18, 2021, 11:42am; Reply: 1
Think it was clear that something wasn't right with him when he appeared on TV in recent times. Didn't know he had cancer but I suspected.

I thought he was a brilliant comic and one of the few that could make me laugh out loud consistently. Sad loss.

R.I.P.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 18, 2021, 11:46am; Reply: 2
RIP

Absurdly funny at times...

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 18, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 3
Yeah, very sad news indeed.

One of my favourite stand-ups.

RIP Sean, thanks for the laughs you gave me.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 18, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 4
Gutted about this. Seen him live a couple of times and always great.

15 Storeys High is an absolute classic sitcom that went under the radar with a lot of people.
Posted by: Maringer, August 18, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Gutted about this. Seen him live a couple of times and always great.

15 Storeys High is an absolute classic sitcom that went under the radar with a lot of people.

Got to admit, I've never seen it, though the name rings a bell. I'll perhaps have to search it out as he was a very funny man. Always willing to go very near the knuckle to get a laugh, which is an approach which appeals to me!
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 18, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Maringer

Got to admit, I've never seen it, though the name rings a bell. I'll perhaps have to search it out as he was a very funny man. Always willing to go very near the knuckle to get a laugh, which is an approach which appeals to me!

I didn't see it until a few years after it was first shown, probably either lost late at night in the schedules or some obscure channel. I think a lot of it is on YouTube. Brilliantly cast with him and Benedict Wong.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 7
Sad news. He was funny as fūck. He certainly had a different take on things.
Print page generated: May 27, 2024, 11:14am