Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: smokey111, August 11, 2021, 12:43pm
.....sat with family discussing when Buckley left for WBA. What players did he take with him?
Posted by: Poojah, August 11, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 1
Paul Groves
Dave Gilbert
Tony Rees
Simon Buckley

Have I missed any?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 11, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 2
Off the top of my head Gilbert and Groves did. Sure there was more but struggling to think who?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 11, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 3
Paul Agnew?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 11, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 4
Paul Agnew
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 11, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 5
Ah yes “Aggy the Baggie”.

Don’t forget the trawler as featured on the cover of GrortyDick*

“It’s cheap and it’s from Grimsby”.

* it was a fanzine not a sexually transmitted disease. 😁
Posted by: blundellpork, August 11, 2021, 3:46pm; Reply: 6
Paul Crichton
Posted by: Abdul19, August 11, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 7
He signed Paul Reece but that was after he'd left us and so completely irrelevant to the original question. But I've written all this now so might as well post it.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, August 11, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 8
Chris Hargreaves tho he went via Hull City
Posted by: Zero_as_a_limit, August 11, 2021, 6:35pm; Reply: 9
Shaun Cunnington (but again, after he'd left us)
Posted by: chaos33, August 11, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 10
Seems like an opportune moment to post this….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3JlSDEOXDlY
Posted by: forza ivano, August 11, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33

will never tire of watching that..wayne burnett nathan arnold and THAT goal. goose bumps stuff
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 11, 2021, 9:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from forza ivano

will never tire of watching that..wayne burnett nathan arnold and THAT goal. goose bumps stuff

I was nobbut a junior Steward working in the Pontoon (in the tunnel to the right of the goal) when that goal went in. I don't think I ever heard a louder noise than when that goal went in.

I wonder if Ivano could suggest any up and coming Italian strikers?
Posted by: Croxton, August 11, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 13
Absolute classic. Will always remember the crowd reaction to that goal. Great view from the Upper of the build up and execution.  Relentless forward pressure, so many of the team willing to join every attack. Did we have any sicknotes back then?
Posted by: DB, August 12, 2021, 6:01am; Reply: 14
Quoted from chaos33

Those were the days. :) :) :)

Posted by: aldi_01, August 12, 2021, 6:40am; Reply: 15
The first touch from Ivano is the sex…
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 12, 2021, 7:48am; Reply: 16
Just look at The Ponny there. What an atmosphere we used to create, unlike the mostly sterile all-seater atmosphere there is now.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 12, 2021, 7:54am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just look at The Ponny there. What an atmosphere we used to create, unlike the mostly sterile all-seater atmosphere there is now.

Was all seater then…I get your point though.

The game had some needle though and to be fair, there have been games at BP with great atmospheres, sadly not many in the last 20 years…
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 12, 2021, 8:14am; Reply: 18
Quoted from aldi_01

The game had some needle though and to be fair, there have been games at BP with great atmospheres, sadly not many in the last 20 years…

Town v Gillingham sticks in my mind. The Conlon and Newell era. We won 3-0. They stuck the Gillingham fans in the Osmond corner and put Town fans in the rest of the Osmond. Think there was 6500 there and it was one of the most intimidating atmospheres we’ve created in years. I almost felt sorry for them.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 12, 2021, 8:28am; Reply: 19
Quoted from aldi_01

Was it? Never realised that. It looked standing after Ivano scored but I suppose everyone was then.
Posted by: Poojah, August 12, 2021, 8:35am; Reply: 20
Quoted from 140381

Town v Gillingham sticks in my mind. The Conlon and Newell era. We won 3-0. They stuck the Gillingham fans in the Osmond corner and put Town fans in the rest of the Osmond. Think there was 6500 there and it was one of the most intimidating atmospheres we’ve created in years. I almost felt sorry for them.

Remember it well; their manager at the time said as much. ‘Twas the day Jade Goody died; funny what sticks in your mind.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, August 12, 2021, 8:52am; Reply: 21
Quoted from chaos33

I still feel the pain of how the chicken incident destroyed our hopes.  We had a good team and Ivano could have helped us do something special.  
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 12, 2021, 9:12am; Reply: 22
Watching that again brought back some great memories and the question......how did we manged to get Ivano Bonetti to sign for us?
Posted by: Youngy, August 12, 2021, 9:18am; Reply: 23
Quoted from aldi_01

From the moment Laws made that tackle on Gilbert, it was game on as far as the crowd were concerned.
Posted by: Tommy, August 12, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 24
Thiat was one game where despite only winning 1-0, you could actually say "we battered them."

Christ, it took us 3 months to create that many chances last season.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 5:34am