Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 11, 2021, 12:41pm
Contract released...
Posted by: ska face, August 11, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 1
1 good half all last season. Can’t afford to be carrying people, unfortunately.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 11, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 2
Wonder how much that cost us? He had a year left?
Posted by: ska face, August 11, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 3
Presumably less than what it would’ve cost to have him sat at home all year.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 11, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 4
Good luck to him, personally I think there’s a real player in there and I think he’d have been a good asset on the pitch but obviously there are other factors going on
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 11, 2021, 12:51pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
Wonder how much that cost us? He had a year left?

Probably nothing, could be he's been offered contract at another club and rather than asking for a fee we've just terminated his contract to facilitate the move and get him off the wage bill.
Posted by: Bawmariner, August 11, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 6
Supposedly he's off to Barrow
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 11, 2021, 1:14pm; Reply: 7
Joined Barrow

He was released from his contract, so i assume didn't pay him up, and effective joined Barrow on a free transfer from us
Posted by: chaos33, August 11, 2021, 1:19pm; Reply: 8
Personally think he’s a good player. Hasn’t really worked out here though.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 11, 2021, 1:25pm; Reply: 9
No loss. I appreciate last year was a flipping shambles until about February but even when he had a chance he looked alright, nothing more…
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 11, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 10
Absolutely wasted talent. flipping half arsed urine taker, so disappointed with his showing last season. Good riddance.
Posted by: TAGG, August 11, 2021, 1:52pm; Reply: 11
Best dead ball striker we had in a long while

Good luck to the bloke
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 11, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from TAGG

Good luck to the bloke

What?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, August 11, 2021, 1:59pm; Reply: 13
Complete enigma - played for Wales, selected for Euro 2016 yet couldn't seem to find his feet at League 2. Very odd.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 11, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 14
Complete fanny, glad he's gone.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 11, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 15
Injuries have ruined him physically and psychologically imho. Got the talent but too scared now to be of any use to us.takes c£125,000 off the wage bill
Posted by: toontown, August 11, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from TAGG

Good luck to the bloke

Absolutely dreadful free kick taker. Bar 1 his specialty was over hitting them and them sailing past the stand behind the goal.
Posted by: gytone, August 11, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 17
Good luck to him, not surprised or disappointed he's gone, looked half decent at times, but had no bottle, hopefully it'll free up a wage to get our striker in.
Posted by: livosnose, August 11, 2021, 3:25pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano
Injuries have ruined him physically and psychologically imho. Got the talent but too scared now to be of any use to us.takes c£125,000 off the wage bill

Was he on that much ?
Posted by: Abdul19, August 11, 2021, 3:43pm; Reply: 19
Already looking forward to a new thread for each of his 4 goals this season
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 11, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 20
Summed his time up when Hurst didn't name him on the bench for the final few games, despite the fact he was fit and we failed to list a full 7 subs.  Oh and some of the subs were youth team players.

Talent is nothing without attitude.  It may well be a result of his injuries, but if his attitude isn't right then he's no use to use (or anyone I suspect).
Posted by: TonySmith, August 11, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 21
I can't help thinking there must have been some personal behind the scenes reasons why Hurst wouldn't play Williams and wanted him gone. He clearly has some talent. I recall the games at Orient and Mansfield last season when he looked a class above most on the pitch, but then he'd be anonymous or left out completely. Anyway, if Barrow can get the best out of him then it will be a win for everyone concerned. We move on.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 11, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from livosnose

Was he on that much ?

With all the payroll costs I'd guess I'm not far off. Morais n rose will be in same sort of ball park
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, August 11, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 23
I thought he could have been a decent player for us but it didnt work out. Would have thought he had the quality to shine in this league.

Hurst clearly didnt fancy him though. Hw saw him in training every day we only saw him occasionally in a Town shirt. You have go with the manager's opinion.

He lost his squad number and it was clear he wasnt going to feature under Hurst so best for all parties he has gone and hopefully the saving on the wage bill can go towards getting a forward/attacking midfielder in.

We still need 3 or 4 more signings imo. If its being help up because the likes of Rose and Morais are still on the books then hopefully they will get fixed up elsewhere soon.

I wish Williams well. He didnt appear enough to have really given reason to dislike him.
Posted by: pen penfras, August 11, 2021, 4:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano

No chance he was on £2500. Green was our 2nd top earner and on less than that. He also signed in the covid pre-season, so I'd be surprised if he's on much more than £1k a week. I was told Scannell is on less than £1k, which seems very low.
Posted by: rancido, August 11, 2021, 4:30pm; Reply: 25
How many of the dross that Hollowords signed are still with the club?
Posted by: forza ivano, August 11, 2021, 4:32pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from pen penfras

No chance he was on £2500. Green was our 2nd top earner and on less than that. He also signed in the covid pre-season, so I'd be surprised if he's on much more than £1k a week. I was told Scannell is on less than £1k, which seems very low.

As I said in a previous comment I was saying £125,000  including all payroll costs , bonuses etc .my guess he was on c £1750
Posted by: ginnywings, August 11, 2021, 4:36pm; Reply: 27
Another player comes and goes without leaving any kind of impression. One of hundreds who will soon be forgotten, but unique in that no fans got to see him in the flesh in a Town shirt, along with a handful of others who will come to symbolise the worst season in living memory.

Hope this is the key that unlocks the deals to come.
Posted by: fishcake63, August 11, 2021, 4:42pm; Reply: 28
waste of talent because had no heart to put a shift or a tackle in complete bottle job
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 11, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ginnywings
Another player comes and goes without leaving any kind of impression. One of hundreds who will soon be forgotten, but unique in that no fans got to see him in the flesh in a Town shirt, along with a handful of others who will come to symbolise the worst season in living memory.

Hope this is the key that unlocks the deals to come.

It'd be interesting if someone could list ALL the players to play for us over the past 3 seasons, and see how many we can actually remember!  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 11, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from pen penfras

Covid Clause only relevant if the season has been curtailed. Otherwise pay as usual.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 11, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 31
I love the way so many posters “know for sure” what Town players earn.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 11, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from pen penfras

Either way…we save. Neither were worth paying in washers…
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 11, 2021, 6:49pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Didn't you know that all clubs disclose what they pay everyone to the creators of Football Manager and FIFA?
Posted by: denni266, August 11, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 34
Players wont say what they are on , in case the misses finds out lol ;D
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 11, 2021, 9:07pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Les Brechin

It'd be interesting if someone could list ALL the players to play for us over the past 3 seasons, and see how many we can actually remember!  ;)

That didn't take me long Les
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 12, 2021, 10:35pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from HertsGTFC

There are lots of Town players who’ve actually ‘earned’ absolutely nothing….but have been paid a small fortune.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 13, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 37
Are there 2 George Williams? I think there must be from reading Barrow manager Mark Cooper's comments.

Quoted Text
"He can score goals out of nothing, he can dribble past people, score free kicks and he's an international who has real quality," boss Mark Cooper said.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 13, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 38
He can. That doesn't mean he will.
Posted by: thefish, August 13, 2021, 1:07pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
He can. That doesn't mean he will.

Or even try to!
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 13, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Les Brechin
Are there 2 George Williams? I think there must be from reading Barrow manager Mark Cooper's comments.

He is so good that Cooper let him go from FGR 🤦‍♂️
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 13, 2021, 1:09pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Les Brechin

There are 2 George Williams. I think a few thought we had got rid of him back in June: [url]https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2021/june/george-williams-cambridge-united-new-signing-transfer-news-bristol-rovers-sky-bet-league-one-efl-english-football-league-friday-25th-june-2021/[/url]
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 13, 2021, 1:28pm; Reply: 42
Cooper forgot to say he’s tenacious in the tackle.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 3:22am