Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 9, 2021, 1:20pm

Nice to see some new faces after last seasons debacle.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/gallery/grimsby-town-training-pictures-preseason-5630066
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 9, 2021, 1:23pm; Reply: 1
Who is the big black guy with a beard and massive muscles?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 9, 2021, 1:33pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 123614

Mr T?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 9, 2021, 1:57pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 123614

Lenny?
Posted by: Abdul19, July 9, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 123614

Max Wright
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 9, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Abdul19

Max Wright

Big season for the lad, really hope he can get over his injuries because he'll rip the Conference apart given the chance.

Posted by: Abdul19, July 9, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

Big season for the lad, really hope he can get over his injuries because he'll rip the Conference apart given the chance.

Agreed. Could it be now or never for him too? This will be his 6th season as a professional, incredibly.

Hopefully a proper pre season will set him up for the season.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 9, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

A level lower but I watched him develop over the course of the season at Boston and he was unplayable by the end.

Players were quite literally trying to two foot him into the stand, he was that good. Left foot, right foot, up and down, mixing his crosses up.

Hopefully he's over the worst of his injuries, hasn't lost his sharpness and confidence because on his day, he was an unbelievable talent.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 9, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 8
Maybe me being old fashioned.....or just old.....but when the players are playing contact games why arent they wearing shin pads?
So easy to take a painful whack or do something more serious...baffles me.

Posted by: AussieMariner, July 11, 2021, 2:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A level lower but I watched him develop over the course of the season at Boston and he was unplayable by the end.

Players were quite literally trying to two foot him into the stand, he was that good. Left foot, right foot, up and down, mixing his crosses up.

Hopefully he's over the worst of his injuries, hasn't lost his sharpness and confidence because on his day, he was an unbelievable talent.

Agree with this. I think he’s probably our most naturally gifted player.
I remember him coming on as sub for his debut, think it was at Notts County, and straight away he looked like a real player - just something about his attitude. I think his first touch he beat a man for pace and curled a shot just over the bar from distance.
Also when he came on as sub at Chelsea he just didn’t look out of place against their very talented youngsters.
Posted by: Oly1987, July 12, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 10
Lenny looks like he's been hitting the gym hard!
Posted by: Maringer, July 12, 2021, 8:25pm; Reply: 11
LJL has always been built like a brick outhouse. Normally wears long sleeved shirts, I think, so perhaps not usually as noticeable? If you assume he's lost a bit of pace, bulking up to become a bit more like an Akinfenwa isn't perhaps such a bad idea.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 12, 2021, 9:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Maringer
LJL has always been built like a brick outhouse. Normally wears long sleeved shirts, I think, so perhaps not usually as noticeable? If you assume he's lost a bit of pace, bulking up to become a bit more like an Akinfenwa isn't perhaps such a bad idea.

I'm sure I saw that Akinfenwa has just resigned for Wycombe but sooner or later there will be a vacancy for the worlds strongest footballer.

Enter LJL.
Posted by: Dan, July 12, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 13
First time I’ve heard of them wearing the stat sports trackers. Would love to see that data.
Print page generated: May 26, 2024, 4:16am