Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 22, 2021, 4:03pm
https://twitter.com/grimsbytownlive/status/1407352677143662596
Posted by: Hagrid, June 22, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 1
welcome! looks a cool guy
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 22, 2021, 4:07pm; Reply: 2
Fantastic news. First proper winger since Nathan Arnold.
His show reel shows a guy with a very low centre of gravity, pace, trickery who can score goals and create for others.
This could be our most exciting signing to date and looks like their could be more before the days out.
I love Tuesday's

UTM
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 22, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 3
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1407352896249905157
Posted by: psgmariner, June 22, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 4
The Portuguese accent is so sexy.
Posted by: denni266, June 22, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 5
Looks an exciting signing
Posted by: immariner, June 22, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
The Portuguese West Yorkshire accent is so sexy.

You do you, mate ;)
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, June 22, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 7
There has to be a song for this lad somewhere along the lines of Bruno’s Portuguese Magnifico

Suggestions please
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 8
Comments from a mate of mine who happens to be a Darlo player's brother and watched a lot of them via stream last season (also happens to be an ex-semi-pro himself):

"Yeah I know him and watched a lot of Darlo on their stream due to COVID... His output was really good in terms of G/As. What I would say is that he is quite inconsistent (in game rather than game-by-game). He'll have a blinding 45mins and go missing the next 45. I would say his level is probably National League/National League N/S. But definitely Darlo's best player last year by a mile.

"All in all though, he should get goals and assists for sure. If someone could make him consistent to do it for 90mins every week he could absolutely play miles higher. Assume that's why he never made it at Accrington though."

Potential seems to the the takeaway. Now he needs to realise it...
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 22, 2021, 4:31pm; Reply: 9
I dont think we are done yet today neither as when Doig's part of the interview is talking about Sousa he cuts off mid sentence.  Also Liam Emmerson's twitter message sounds like he's had a busy day so holding out for something else here also..........
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 22, 2021, 4:32pm; Reply: 10
Will be watching on with interest next season when I’m at a few of the Town games that I do make.

Hopefully he does as well for you as he did with us.
Posted by: RonMariner, June 22, 2021, 4:33pm; Reply: 11
Don't want to be a wet blanket, but let's not get too carried away. He's played  31 games in the last 5 seasons, many at a level below the conference.

I hope Hurst can get the best out of him.  
Posted by: RonMariner, June 22, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Will be watching on with interest next season when I’m at a few of the Town games that I do make.

Hopefully he does as well for you as he did with us.

Cheers Andy.

Does he play on the left or the right?
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, June 22, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 13
Erico Erico Erico,
From Portugal like Cristiano.
He goes left, he goes right,
makes defenses look like shite,
he’s our Portuguese Magnifico
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, June 22, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from denni266
Looks an exciting signing

Really? 26 and played about 50 games at a reasonable level. A bit of a Holloway signing for me this one
Posted by: chipsandgravy, June 22, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Really? 26 and played about 50 games at a reasonable level. A bit of a Holloway signing for me this one

I don't think that it is in Hurst's locker to make a "Holloway type" signing!
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, June 22, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 16
He's hardly played in the last 4 years. Not sure about this one at all.
Posted by: RonMariner, June 22, 2021, 4:53pm; Reply: 17
Well Andy says he was Darlington's best player last season and they were keen to keep him.

It makes a welcome change from us signing the cast off no else one wants
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 4:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Not as unreasonable an argument as the inevitable red crosses coming your way will suggest, but Hurst’s signings from divisions below ours include James McKeown, Shaun Pearson, Liam Hearn (then recently of Quorn FC FFS) and Omar Bogle. You can add to that LJL and Giles Coke more recently.

Holloway’s include Alhagi Touray Sisay and Montel Gibson.

It appears one does more research than the other. I’ll let you decide which one.
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 22, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 19
Bit of a gamble this one but probably one worth taking. Looks like he has some ability but hasn’t played consistently anywhere.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 22, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 20
very quick, very tricky, very right footed.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, June 22, 2021, 4:56pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Not as unreasonable an argument as the inevitable red crosses your way will suggest, but Hurst’s signings from divisions below ours include James McKeown, Shaun Pearson, Liam Hearn (then recently of Quorn FC FFS) and Omar Bogle. You can add to that LJL and Giles Coke more recently.

Holloway’s include Alhagi Touray Sisay and Montel Gibson.

It appears one does more research than the other. I’ll let you decide which one.

My post asks why he looks exciting an option. I've given my opinion.the red crossers will just abuse him if he doesn't perform. The difference between sensible debate and keyboard warriors. You my friend have put some opinion across.
Posted by: Meza, June 22, 2021, 5:03pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
He's hardly played in the last 4 years. Not sure about this one at all.

You cant always judge someone just because of lack of number of games.  Yes he might not be "experienced" due to lack of number of games, and he might not have always been selected at those clubs, different managers different styles.

The best judge is to wait until  you see in a town shirt.  
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, June 22, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Meza

You cant always judge someone just because of lack of number of games.  Yes he might not be "experienced" due to lack of number of games, and he might not have always been selected at those clubs, different managers different styles.

The best judge is to wait until  you see in a town shirt.  

1.Yes you can judge on that

2. The poster said he looked an exciting signing I still say he doesn't. He might be decent. He doesn't look an exciting signing.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, June 22, 2021, 5:07pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from RonMariner
Well Andy says he was Darlington's best player last season and they were keen to keep him.

It makes a welcome change from us signing the cast off no else one wants

He played 9 times for them for Christ sake
Posted by: Meza, June 22, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

1.Yes you can judge on that

2. The poster said he looked an exciting signing I still say he doesn't. He might be decent. He doesn't look an exciting signing.

Well to him he is, but to you he isn't its all about opinions and each one may differ but must also be respected (if that word exist these days lol), i think he looks a tricky player with potential to improve and im glad its us he has gone to and not the Barnets or Eastleigh's of this world only for them to sell him on for a decent wedge.

I'm looking forward to seeing him.
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2021, 5:14pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Erico Erico Erico,
From Portugal like Cristiano.
He goes left, he goes right,
makes defenses look like shite,
he’s our Portuguese Magnifico

Don't give up the day job ( whatever and wherever it is ).

Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 22, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

He played 9 times for them for Christ sake

Incorrect, he played 14 times and then the season was cut short.

In those 14 games, he scored or assisted 10 goals.

Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 22, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from jimgtfc
Bit of a gamble this one but probably one worth taking. Looks like he has some ability but hasn’t played consistently anywhere.

Until now
Posted by: ginnywings, June 22, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 29
Him and Doigy walked past me today about 12 o'clock. He's on the diminutive side to say the least.

From what I saw, he isn't the only signing.
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from ginnywings
Him and Doigy walked past me today about 12 o'clock. He's on the diminutive side to say the least.

Ginny sounds like you have inside information, I hope your not using Fillipe as a pseudo name. ;) ;) ;) Could be a long Noche waiting for the other name! ;) ;) ;)

N.B.  I mean no offense.

Posted by: golfer, June 22, 2021, 5:25pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ginnywings

Rumour has it that we have signed Erico Henrique Esteves as well - also from Portugal
Posted by: Neilo83, June 22, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from golfer

Rumour has it that we have signed Erico Henrique Esteves as well - also from Portugal

Quick google search says it’s the same player?
Posted by: Croxton, June 22, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmz4waq8LjY
Posted by: moosey_club, June 22, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from golfer

Or in English...... Mr Eric Henry Steve

Posted by: fishcake63, June 22, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 35
darlington tadcaster , played very few games i'm abit give the guy a chance but not sure on this
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 22, 2021, 5:40pm; Reply: 36
Non-league careers aren't the most accurate online. In a squad, there will be a couple of risks. The one year deal puts the ball in his court to impress and we go from there.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, June 22, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from DB

Don't give up the day job ( whatever and wherever it is ).

He’s an athletes foot plaster model
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, June 22, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

He’s an athletes foot plaster model

I bet his wife’s a fun gal
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 22, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 39
YouTube interview video off the Grimsby Town channel here.

[youtube]hDpruUfOBCg[/youtube]
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 22, 2021, 7:07pm; Reply: 40
Darlo perspective from 1FF:
Quoted Text
Was brilliant for us last season, 7 goals and 3 assists in 14 games speaks for its self from a wide position. But looking at his past career seems like the kind of player who needs to be playing every week to get the best out of him. He's a very direct winger wants to run at and take people on and has the ability to go past people, slightly blinkered by that and it can make him a bit frustrating at times going for the trick/run/shot when there is an easier chance on, but could say that for most wingers at this level. As I say his stats don't lie from last season and would be delighted to see him here again next season, but I'm fairly resigned to losing him to full time football.
Posted by: AussieMariner, June 22, 2021, 7:09pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
YouTube interview video off the Grimsby Town channel here.

[youtube]hDpruUfOBCg[/youtube]

I know it’s been intimated at before but bloody hell, if I met Doig in a dark alley I would absolutely crap myself
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2021, 7:09pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
There has to be a song for this lad somewhere along the lines of Bruno’s Portuguese Magnifico

Suggestions please

Don’t tempt me 😆
Posted by: ginnywings, June 22, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from DB

Ginny sounds like you have inside information, I hope your not using Fillipe as a pseudo name. ;) ;) ;) Could be a long Noche waiting for the other name! ;) ;) ;)

N.B.  I mean no offense.

Not inside info. Just hard not to notice new players arriving in the car park walking past and being interviewed in the stands when you are in and around the ground.

I saw all 3 signings being interviewed at various times today. Knew one was Sousa because someone posted a picture I had seen, but didn't know the names of the other two.
Posted by: Bigdog, June 22, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 44
From a Slovenian mate..

Je zelo hiter, zelo enostavno premaga zagovornike in ne morem verjeti, da ste tako lačni informacij o novem igralcu, da bi si vzeli čas in to kopirali in prilepili v aplikacijo za prevajanje.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2021, 7:35pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Bigdog
From a Slovenian mate..

Je zelo hiter, zelo enostavno premaga zagovornike in ne morem verjeti, da ste tako lačni informacij o novem igralcu, da bi si vzeli čas in to kopirali in prilepili v aplikacijo za prevajanje.

Took the words right out of my mouth
Posted by: Mariner56, June 22, 2021, 7:49pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Bigdog
From a Slovenian mate..

Brilliant!
Posted by: AussieMariner, June 22, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Bigdog
From a Slovenian mate..

Easy for him to say
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, June 22, 2021, 7:59pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Bigdog
From a Slovenian mate..

I am Ross Hannah to your offside trap.
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2021, 8:54pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from ginnywings

Not inside info. Just hard not to notice new players arriving in the car park walking past and being interviewed in the stands when you are in and around the ground.

I saw all 3 signings being interviewed at various times today. Knew one was Sousa because someone posted a picture I had seen, but didn't know the names of the other two.

Nice to know that you do not abuse the privileged information you have, while helping out, and wait for club announcements, at the appropriate time. An old fashioned word for this is integrity, well done for which you get a gold star. :)

Posted by: ginnywings, June 22, 2021, 10:51pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from DB

Nice to know that you do not abuse the privileged information you have, while helping out, and wait for club announcements, at the appropriate time. An old fashioned word for this is integrity, well done for which you get a gold star. :)

Would be poor form to let cats out of bags.

Purely as a fan, it's tempting to say " guess who I've just seen at BP" but it's the job of the club to announce signings.

Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 2:06pm