Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, April 30, 2021, 11:14am
Who plays tomorrow, not the ones that are sure to stay, but the ones who Hurst is pondering over keeping, the ones who have shown promise imo
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 30, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 1
We've a duty to play our strongest team and still try to win every game.
We can actually still affect the top of the table as we play Cambridge who are currently 2nd.
It's that integrity that many people have banged on about in the past and we should show it too.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 30, 2021, 12:28pm; Reply: 2
Also we should try and finish 2nd bottom just on the off chance someone goes bust.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 30, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 3

Would still be nice not to finish bottom so yeah, strongest team.

Posted by: Posh Harry, April 30, 2021, 12:35pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Abdul19
Also we should try and finish 2nd bottom just on the off chance someone goes bust.

Agree. There were rumours of Oldham going into admin not long ago so if we keep under 12 points behind (14 at the moment) then you never know.

Blimey, we love a straw clutch don’t we!!

UTFM
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 30, 2021, 12:37pm; Reply: 5
Obviously I want us to win both remaining games but it's going to really feel like the knife has gone in if we win both and Scunny and/or Colchester lose both, knowing it went as close as a single point.  Then it'll be the agony of looking at the games where we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory.  

I think both games are more or less dead rubbers.  Cambridge will be up by the time we play them.  

Hurst's options are limited anyway, you only have to look at the bench he's put out last few weeks to see that.

Personally don't see a point in playing anyone who won't be here next season or anyone who Hurst isn't going to try and keep.  Rather see Jackson get a start than Green.  God knows who comes into midfield for Matete.  Maybe Habergham in on the left and Khouri dropping inside?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 30, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Garth
Who plays tomorrow, not the ones that are sure to stay, but the ones who Hurst is pondering over keeping, the ones who have shown promise imo

If he doesn't know by now who he wants to keep then we need to be looking for another manager.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 30, 2021, 1:17pm; Reply: 7
Pick the best of what we have got no point in looking at certain players he wants to move on.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 30, 2021, 1:50pm; Reply: 8
Interesting P fail are putting season tickets on sale from tomorrow straight after a run of 8 wins in 9 games, perfect timing, hell how we missed out on the feelgood factor after promotion
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 30, 2021, 2:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

If he doesn't know by now who he wants to keep then we need to be looking for another manager.

Couldn’t disagree more on this.

What if players have shown promise now that the weight is off. Players tried in new positions. Players coming back to fitness. Youngsters that were/are considering contract offers.

I’d hope too that it isn’t just a team of kids (and PH is professional enough IMO not to do that)
Posted by: Zmariner, April 30, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 10
I admire those that can watch this. I have a pass already to watch it but definitely will not. My next viewing will be in August utm
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 30, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 11
I hope he gives some experience to younger players with no pressure on them.
Posted by: DB, April 30, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 12
A definite win were a football team and you play to win. That is what the game is all about.
Posted by: dicko995, April 30, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 13
I know its not to do with this topic, but can we still get ifollow in the Conference? Obviously its just for the away games, as i,ll be in the box for home games, that is if were allowed back by then.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 30, 2021, 6:00pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from diehardmariner
Personally don't see a point in playing anyone who won't be here next season or anyone who Hurst isn't going to try and keep.

Are we allowed to put a five-a-side team out?

The worrying thing Ive noticed for the last 2 matches when Hurst only named players who he says has something to offer on the bench, and there is sicknote Scannell. What we dont need is another season of being unfit.

Out of interest, I wonder who has had more occurances of injuries this season, Scannell or Hanson. Scannell just seemed to get injured every other training session and Hanson......well!
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 12:35am