Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, April 25, 2021, 2:45pm
When the Kick off was 3.00 pm the team stayed overnight. Tuesday's game is very important and a win is a must, but it's an evening kick off.

Will one of Fenty's last acts be to splash some cash and let the team stay over on Monday night to prepare for the game; or will he expect them to travel for 6/7 hours and then play?
Posted by: MarinerRob, April 25, 2021, 3:00pm; Reply: 1
I really hope they travel on Monday as they need all the help they can get.
Posted by: DB, April 25, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MarinerRob
I really hope they travel on Monday as they need all the help they can get.

So do I, Just hope Fenty does the decent thing for a change.

Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, April 25, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 3
Just thinking it's funny how Exeter seem to be involved in a lot of our big games.. This time at their place and not a promotion game for us!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 25, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 4
We should fly down like we did in 2004.

Although we lost that day so maybe not.
Posted by: Yoda, April 25, 2021, 4:28pm; Reply: 5
Fenty and decent thing are never said in the same sentence.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 25, 2021, 5:40pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Yoda
Fenty and decent thing are never said in the same sentence.

Apart the sentence you just wrote.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, April 26, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 7
They’re here in Bristol tonight we’re thinking about going over to hotel to see them off tomorrow with our flag...
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), April 26, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
They’re here in Bristol tonight we’re thinking about going over to hotel to see them off tomorrow with our flag...

That's a damn good idea, I think they would be chuffed to see you there with the Mariners flag.

Posted by: DB, April 26, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 9

That's good news. Why not go and show them support. Brilliant idea.

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 26, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 10

As long as you don’t go over tonight and interrupt their card games. We don’t want to wake up to stories about Clifton’s bridge suspension.
Posted by: psgmariner, April 26, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 11

As long as you don’t go over tonight and interrupt their card games. We don’t want to wake up to stories about Clifton’s bridge suspension.

Beautiful
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 26, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 12

Cards? I thought they played darts together
Posted by: Poojah, April 26, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 13

Have to hand it to you, that’s very good. Bravo.
Posted by: lukeo, April 26, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 14
Hollow head has gone now, no more darts..

I was wondering where they'd stay if they was staying the night. Strange they chose Bristol, why not just travel all the way and stay In Exeter. Their is also travel lodges at junction 25 26 and 27 before Exeter?
Posted by: ironwin, April 26, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 15
Perhaps they used one of the Bristol clubs training facilities for a session this afternoon.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 26, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 16

Surely they would be playing ‘Pontoon’ 😊
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 26, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from lukeo
Hollow head has gone now, no more darts..

I was wondering where they'd stay if they was staying the night. Strange they chose Bristol, why not just travel all the way and stay In Exeter. Their is also travel lodges at junction 25 26 and 27 before Exeter?

Why on earth would they be staying in a travellodge!?!?

Am sure even our much maligned supremo could stick a few extra quid in the mix (loan?) so the players could stay in a bit of comfort
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 26, 2021, 10:06pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Why on earth would they be staying in a travellodge!?!?

Am sure even our much maligned supremo could stick a few extra quid in the mix (loan?) so the players could stay in a bit of comfort

Premier Inn would work out cheaper. Free in fact.

If Fenty top n tails with us star striker and keeps him up all night, he can claim against Lenny’s Good Night Guarantee.
Posted by: Davec, April 27, 2021, 6:18am; Reply: 19
Quoted from ironwin
Perhaps they used one of the Bristol clubs training facilities for a session this afternoon.

I wonder if Ian Holloway used his contacts to allow us to train at Bristol Rovers training ground?😉
Posted by: DB, April 27, 2021, 7:14am; Reply: 20
No pre-match from Hurst so Hanson might be fit, or not. Williams was ill and no news about Hab so I wonder what the team will be?

I think it may be the Saturday line up with a fit Hab's replacing Stokes, with Stokes and Hanson on the bench with Saturday's other 4 subs and Eastwood.

Whatever the team we need the win desperately, a draw is not good enough. That said I don't think many of us had Town down for a win after Oldham scored first with them being the league's top scorers. The team must be in a positive mood following the victory and full of optimism.  

Exeter haven't scored in a few games so the pressure will be on them, the home team to maintain some sort of promotion push. Hopefully, this will leave gaps at the back for us to score.

Definite Town win and staying up.

UTM
Posted by: the driver, April 27, 2021, 11:18am; Reply: 21
Who the hell is Stokes unless it’s Ben Stokes signed on Q/T but hang on we’re not playing cricket
Posted by: BeijingMariner, April 27, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 22

Can we put this man in charge of GTFC PR next season, please?
Posted by: ivanosandwich, April 27, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 23
I don't know if there was ever a plan to stop in Bristol but I do know that the coach broke down on the way yesterday, incurring a 2 hour delay.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 27, 2021, 2:42pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I don't know if there was ever a plan to stop in Bristol but I do know that the coach broke down on the way yesterday, incurring a 2 hour delay.

Is there no end to the clusterf*ck that this football club has become?
Posted by: golfer, April 27, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 25
The shroud is over our head, the noose is slowly tightening,  if we don't win tonight .....CLUNK     I am still hoping for a full pardon but fear it will only be a reprieve.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 27, 2021, 2:58pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from golfer
The shroud is over our head, the noose is slowly tightening,  if we don't win tonight .....CLUNK     I am still hoping for a full pardon but fear it will only be a reprieve.

The only way that a defeat would NOT relegate us tonight was if Barrow were to lose 20-0 at FGR. However a draw for us and a defeat for Barrow would prolong the agony (or keep the hope) whichever way you want to look at it, for another game.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 27, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Les Brechin

The only way that a defeat would NOT relegate us tonight was if Barrow were to lose 20-0 at FGR. However a draw for us and a defeat for Barrow would prolong the agony (or keep the hope) whichever way you want to look at it, for another game.

Come on now...

FGR on an unbeaten run (alright 3 games...), Barrow on a losing streak.

Exeter struggling to keep in touch with the play offs as a result of a run that does not scream 'promotion' and not scoring goals. Town off the back of a belting win and would have been one loss in 5 if we didn't employ d*ckheads as players.

You know what that means.......a Barrow win and we get hammered by a free scoring Exeter. Enjoy.
Posted by: Poojah, April 27, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Les Brechin

Not necessarily. Barrow could save that 20-0 defeat for the last day of the season if they wanted to, however regardless I remain of the opinion its nine points or down since I can't see Barrow failing to take a point from one of Southend at home or Exeter away. We need to win.

On the plus side, that does take some ambiguity out of the occasion - no worrying whether we stick or twist, it's twist all the way.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 27, 2021, 4:31pm; Reply: 29

There's a joke in there somewhere but I can't think of one   :B  

Posted by: ivanosandwich, April 27, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 30

Is there no end to the clusterf*ck that this football club has become?

While I would agree that there have been many bad decisions this season, I don't think we can attribute this one directly at the club, one of those things unfortunately.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 27, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Davec

I wonder if Ian Holloway used his contacts to allow us to train at Bristol Rovers training ground?😉

If he has I bet he has arranged a darts match against them .
Posted by: RichMariner, April 27, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 32
Obviously we hope for the best but should prepare for the worst. I'd prepared for relegation on Saturday and we went and bloody won!

We know how this club does things... prolongs the agony, makes us believe, and then we're kicked in the nads.

It'd be great if we could win tonight, clearly, but I see a situation where we draw and Barrow lose, keeping our faint hopes alive.

I'd say stranger things have happened... but they haven't. If we pulled this off, it'd be greater than Newport's great escape from a few years back.

A few weeks ago Barrow looked home and dry, but teams have peaked too early in the past. They've had a lot of good fortune in the sense of goals almost being handed to them through awful defending.

And Scunny... well, they're on a slide of Lincoln proportions 10 years ago. They could feasibly lose their remaining matches, given the form they're in.

All this doesn't really matter unless we do our job. I think it's a lot for us to bear, given the heavy schedule and long journeys. We didn't turn up against Morecambe until the game was lost, and that seemed a consequence of the team giving it everything against Bolton.

Really hope we do something amazing tonight but I'm also trying to come to terms with the alternative ending.
Posted by: Perkins, April 27, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 33

Wouldn't it be ironic if the bus had been hired from Holloways Coaches at Scunthorpe.

Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 9:43am