Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 8, 2021, 11:57pm

Phil Brown set to make sensational return to Southend United as manager in their battle to avoid relegation according to reports.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), April 9, 2021, 12:42am; Reply: 1
8)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 7:17am; Reply: 2
I read the Southend Echo report on him returning and I see Phil Brown has done the scummiest thing a football manager can possibly do. He's publicly stated he's interested in a job when the current manager is still in the role and hasn't been sacked yet. Just common decency. Phil Brown clearly doesn't have any.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 9, 2021, 8:38am; Reply: 3

Now confirmed....

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2021/april/club-statement-mark-molesley/
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 9, 2021, 8:46am; Reply: 4
Didn't he want a ridiculous contract from us a few seasons ago? Before he went to Swindon. Sincerely hope Southend aren't financially crippling themselves getting him in.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 8:58am; Reply: 5
Anyone who listens to Undr the Cosh knows that nobody in football seems to have a good word to say about Phil Brown and this is a prime example of why. I know Ian Holloway is a swear word on here now, but he has the respect for fellow managers to never talk about a job when there is a manager still in the job or it hasn't been disclosed that the caretaker won't get the job full time. Phil Brown clearly doesn't. He spoke to the Southend Echo when Mark Moseley's sacking hadn't been made public.

Former Town loanee Andy Todd famously battered Phil Brown at a team building trip when Todd was at Bolton and Phil Brown was Sam Allardyce's assistant. He broke his jaw and cheekbone and according to Big Sam he "could not see his tan for blood and his face was swollen up like the Elephant Man."
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 9, 2021, 9:18am; Reply: 6
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Anyone who listens to Undr the Cosh knows that nobody in football seems to have a good word to say about Phil Brown and this is a prime example of why. I know Ian Holloway is a swear word on here now, but he has the respect for fellow managers to never talk about a job when there is a manager still in the job or it hasn't been disclosed that the caretaker won't get the job full time. Phil Brown clearly doesn't. He spoke to the Southend Echo when Mark Moseley's sacking hadn't been made public.

Former Town loanee Andy Todd famously battered Phil Brown at a team building trip when Todd was at Bolton and Phil Brown was Sam Allardyce's assistant. He broke his jaw and cheekbone and according to Big Sam he "could not see his tan for blood and his face was swollen up like the Elephant Man."

Andy Todd was hard as intercourse. Well mean and serious looking too, bet he is a business like cutthroat fighter.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 9:34am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Son of Cod

Andy Todd was hard as intercourse. Well mean and serious looking too, bet he is business like cutthroat fighter.

He joined us on loan from Charlton after giving Dean Kiely a similar going over there a few years later.
Posted by: ska face, April 9, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 8
Nothing to lose has he - he either takes them down as expected & gets no blame, or keeps them up and is a hero. Probably on a decent incentive to keep them up too.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, April 9, 2021, 10:15am; Reply: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He joined us on loan from Charlton after giving Dean Kiely a similar going over there a few years later.

I saw Todd sent off at the Reebok after a lovely clash with Stan Collymore, which seemed to last forever. Todd was a lot smaller in height, but very much more muscular than Stan, who Collymore didnt appreciate some challenges and they clashed.   Both were sent off.

Posted by: Son of Cod, April 9, 2021, 10:28am; Reply: 10
Maybe we need a 'Favourite Memories of Andy Todd Battering People' thread.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 10:34am; Reply: 11
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

I saw Todd sent off at the Reebok after a lovely clash with Stan Collymore, which seemed to last forever. Todd was a lot smaller in height, but very much more muscular than Stan, who Collymore didnt appreciate some challenges and they clashed.   Both were sent off.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFA6OUPXsAEW-0q.jpg[/img]

[tweet]1175497569293807616[/tweet]
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 9, 2021, 11:26am; Reply: 12
Always liked Andy Todd. Belting Stan Collymore only deepens my respect.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, April 9, 2021, 11:29am; Reply: 13
Quoted from ska face
Nothing to lose has he - he either takes them down as expected & gets no blame, or keeps them up and is a hero. Probably on a decent incentive to keep them up too.

Sounds just like Hurst's appointment !  ;D

Posted by: gytone, April 9, 2021, 11:45am; Reply: 14
He was a class act and a right tough illegitimate too, don't think he'd last 5 minutes is today's game full of girls privates.
I always thought he'd make a good manager but that never seemed to materialise.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 9, 2021, 12:21pm; Reply: 15
Watch Southend get the new manager bounce, like every other club bar us.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 9, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings
Watch Southend get the new manager bounce, like every other club bar us.

No they will lose every game now  ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 9, 2021, 12:37pm; Reply: 17
Is he still orange?
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 9, 2021, 1:25pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin
Is he still orange?

He was managing in India up until January and I'd bet good money he's got a tanning bed and a spray booth at home in the UK so he doesn't have to wait until everything opens up again. He'll be topping that India tan up for sure.
Posted by: ROKERITE, April 9, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from GollyGTFC

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFA6OUPXsAEW-0q.jpg[/img]

[tweet]1175497569293807616[/tweet]

Never a red card!

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 9, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 20
I reckon Phil Brown has gone in just like Ollie did with us. Behind the scenes he has probably been given more of a say so, got some oooomph, considering not only has the Manager gone but nearly all of the backroom staff. Thats a big change going on wholesale.

Wouldnt surprise me if he has 'invested' in the club too
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 21
Talking about bizarre managerial appointments...

[tweet]1380445418312642561[/tweet]
Posted by: Poojah, April 9, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Talking about bizarre managerial appointments...

[tweet]1380445418312642561[/tweet]

‘GTFC appoint Carlton Palmer’ as manager is just the kind of headline I’ve come to expect in these bizarre and troubling times.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 9, 2021, 5:31pm; Reply: 23
It's still difficult to believe that Carlton Palmer won England caps.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 24
It's still difficult to believe that Carlton Palmer won England caps.

*18 England Caps
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 25
And to put that into context...

Matt Le Tissier only won 8 England caps.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 9, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from GollyGTFC

*18 England Caps

It was that many! I'd have said 3 tops! How sh*t was that England team.....well, sh*t enough for Carlton Palmer to get 18 caps (and Geoff Thomas).
Posted by: moosey_club, April 9, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 27
Great news ..

for the local Essex tanning shops. Already been out mixing with the locals i see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8zGNe7Ebg
Posted by: livosnose, April 9, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Son of Cod
Maybe we need a 'Favourite Memories of Andy Todd Battering People' thread.

Didn’t he famously kick Christophe Duggary in his buster browns ?
Posted by: RonMariner, April 10, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 29
Carlton Palmer featured in what I think is a unique situation, a game in which both managers scored!

It was against us and Paul Groves scored ours. Anyone remember when that was? I think it was a 1-1 draw.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 10, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 30
Same game that Challinor broke Pringles leg
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 10, 2021, 2:46pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from RonMariner
Carlton Palmer featured in what I think is a unique situation, a game in which both managers scored!

It was against us and Paul Groves scored ours. Anyone remember when that was? I think it was a 1-1 draw.

I think we won that match 3-1 and Palmer was sent off late in the game.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 9:20am