Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 5, 2021, 5:38pm
Worthy of his own thread tonight. Absolutely outstanding today.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 5, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 1
Some outstanding shot stopping
Posted by: livosnose, April 5, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 2
Great game today. Confidence back .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 5, 2021, 6:00pm; Reply: 3
Yes100% agree.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, April 5, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 4
played well thanks Macca
Posted by: Youngy, April 5, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 5
Being dropped was the best thing that happened to him.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 5, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 6
Well played Macca, kept us in it
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, April 5, 2021, 6:07pm; Reply: 7
I’m definitely not his biggest fan, but got to say, today he played really well. Well done James, keep it up.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, April 5, 2021, 6:23pm; Reply: 8
Think he's been excellent since he came back in.. back to his best..
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, April 5, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 9
Vastly improved, bringing Eastwood in proved an excellent move even though we've lost him through injury.
Posted by: DB, April 5, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 10
Today was Macca at his best, a credit to the club. We'll probably never find out what happened with him and olloway but that ars ole from the west country has a lot to answer for. He took a reasonably good team, with Fenty's blessing, decimated it killed a good keeper's confidence and pis sed off back from where he came all in 12 months.

Left the club in sh it street and told us JF was a good bloke hounded out by the fans. You know a liar because at the moment Fenty is in charge of the club nose-diving into the NL, so he has not been hounded out!

I have criticised Macca in the past but today he showed his true colours. If he keeps this up he can become one of our all time long serving keepers.
Posted by: TAGG, April 5, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 11
Been outstanding since he came back in.
Where have I heard that before??
Posted by: chipsandgravy, April 5, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 12
I have to be honest and say that I was concerned early doors about him commanding the area given Cheltenham tactics. However what we saw in the end was the Macca that has kept us in so many games in the past. It was him at his best and rightly MOM.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 5, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 13
It was interesting that Hurst referenced Eastwood returning to fitness in the RH interview.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 5, 2021, 7:35pm; Reply: 14
2 things have happened to Macca that have improved his performances imo.
1) The signing of Eastwood
2) Taking the captain's armband off him.
Posted by: Withnail, April 5, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 15
Absolutely fantastic today.

The save he made to keep the free kick out was unreal.

I don't think Eastwood would start the next game, were he fit, after Macca's masterclass today.

I think having some real competition and not having the responsibility of the captain's armband may have helped him.
Posted by: Humbercod, April 5, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 16
Pleased for the lad time out has done him some good.
Posted by: joe56, April 5, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 17
It’s interesting to see that McKeown was James Findlater’s star man in the Telegraph match report  yet was among the lowest rated by readers. This seems to be the case almost every week. I should have thought that it would be impossible to rig the vote so how come so many people are unimpressed by his performances?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 5, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 18
Kept us in the game, 4 great saves early on in that second half.
Posted by: joe56, April 5, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from joe56
It’s interesting to see that McKeown was James Findlater’s star man in the Telegraph match report  yet was among the lowest rated by readers. This seems to be the case almost every week. I should have thought that it would be impossible to rig the vote so how come so many people are unimpressed by his performances?

Good to see that his Telegraph readers’ rating has improved a fair bit since I posted this. Not to say that I’m claiming cause and effect!😉
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), April 6, 2021, 1:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Withnail
Absolutely fantastic today.

The save he made to keep the free kick out was unreal.

I don't think Eastwood would start the next game, were he fit, after Macca's masterclass today.

I think having some real competition and not having the responsibility of the captain's armband may have helped him.

A little bit over the top mate, Fantastic, unreal save, masterclass, nope, a decent performance, did what he had to do, and I don't remember him getting to many of the long throws either.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 6, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
2 things have happened to Macca that have improved his performances imo.
1) The signing of Eastwood
2) Taking the captain's armband off him.

3) not expecting him to pass it out to woeful teammates.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 6, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

3) not expecting him to pass it out to woeful teammates.

4) not having Holloway as a manager - wonder how may points Macca's loss of confidence under Holloway has cost us?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 6, 2021, 8:03pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

4) not having Holloway as a manager - wonder how may points Macca's loss of confidence under Holloway has cost us?

I think 3 and 4 are part of the same thing. Holloway’s persistence with tactics that the players weren’t suited to, leading to loads of goals against and Macca put under unnecessary pressure to act as a sweeper.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:59am