Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 3, 2021, 7:09am
I’m a bit of a tech dunce, I watch iFollow on my iPad and I’m normally happy with that, but I’ve got my dad coming over on Monday and want to watch it on my telly. I’ve got the iFollow app on my iPhone and could also put it on an android phone, how do I get it onto the telly? Step by step for dunces would be ace.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 3, 2021, 7:28am; Reply: 1
Firstly PP, do you have a laptop?
If so, it should have an HDMI output port on it, just plug an HDMI cable from there to the port on your TV and watch ifollow through the GTFC website.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 3, 2021, 7:35am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
If so, it should have an HDMI output port on it, just plug an HDMI cable from there to the port on your TV and watch ifollow through the GTFC website.

Didn’t think you could watch it from your laptop, if that’s the case it’s easy isn’t it?
Posted by: mariner83, April 3, 2021, 7:54am; Reply: 3
Depending on your phone /telly you may be able to screen mirror. Or if you have hdmi port on your laptop just plug into the tv.
Posted by: lukeo, April 3, 2021, 7:55am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

This
Posted by: jimgtfc, April 3, 2021, 8:07am; Reply: 5
Forget about connecting your iPad to your TV, near impossible unless you’ve got an Apple TV. As others have said, plug your laptop into an HDMI port in the back of your tv with an HDMI cable, then change the source on your tv to whichever HDMI socket you plugged it into 👍🏻
Posted by: Bradford Mariner, April 3, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 6
Have you got a Smart TV with a built-in browser?

If so, connect to the GTFC site using the TV browser  ---->>    https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/ifollow/

Login to your account and access the game from there directly on your TV.

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 3, 2021, 8:45am; Reply: 7
Thanks guys I’d tried the iPad route and it wouldn’t work, just didn’t think you could use your laptop, duh!!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 3, 2021, 9:16am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jimgtfc
Forget about connecting your iPad to your TV, near impossible unless you’ve got an Apple TV. As others have said, plug your laptop into an HDMI port in the back of your tv with an HDMI cable, then change the source on your tv to whichever HDMI socket you plugged it into 👍🏻

This is the bit that is easily missed if you haven't done it before, don't forget or it won't work.

Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, April 4, 2021, 4:44am; Reply: 9
Another vote for the laptop to the TV I also connect the laptop to the router with an ethernet cable seems to be more reliable than the WiFi
Posted by: MrFisherman, April 4, 2021, 10:45am; Reply: 10
Screen mirror off an Android device to the TV
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 8:48am