Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 23, 2021, 11:06am
.....how many seasons back would you reload the game from, for Town?

I personally would only go back to when we got back in the League, and in that first season make a few different choices.

It seems from previous posts across a plethora of threads, the concensus of most people who say rewind about 20 years.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, March 23, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 1
What an opportunity 2016 was.. Operation promotion completed the club fully thanks the fans on there help getting the club back up into the league..

Club gets season tickets out early to catch the wave..

Top players are rewarded with new improved deals..

What could possibly go wrong πŸ€”
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 23, 2021, 1:40pm; Reply: 2
Back to the late '30's when we were becoming an established top flight team before Adolf intervened.  ;)
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, March 23, 2021, 1:59pm; Reply: 3
Yes, 1939 it is. I’d rest George Tweedy for the game he got injured in then have a full-strength team for the FA Cup semi-final!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 23, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 4
You mean it isn’t for real???
:(😒
Posted by: Rick12, March 23, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 5
I love football manager. Been playing it all my life. Now play more on the tablet due to my laptop not being strong enough to support the newer versions.

I would say league 1.About where Grimsby should ideally be long term.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 6
Just before the January transfer window in Slades first season. I'd tell him not to bother with signing any of them except Futch as it was his tinkering with the squad from them that saw us dropping out of the automatic spots
Posted by: Meza, March 23, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rick12
I love football manager. Been playing it all my life. Now play more on the tablet due to my laptop not being strong enough to support the newer versions.

I would say league 1.About where Grimsby should ideally be long term.

Same, although i started much earlier on the Amiga, Championship Manager (Domark).  It was full of made up names, then the following year brought players name (im assuming rights were agreed).  Then there was a split between Sigames and cant remember the other, it then gave birth to FM.

For the first time ever on FM i have gone the entire League 2 season undefeated (P46, W 44, D 2, L0) and i hadn't cheated.  Its the formation i play.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 23, 2021, 6:37pm; Reply: 8
To the Buckley era when we were playing the best football I've seen at BP. Poetry in motion.
Posted by: Rick12, March 23, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Meza

For the first time ever on FM i have gone the entire League 2 season undefeated (P46, W 44, D 2, L0) and i hadn't cheated.  Its the formation i play.
That's impressive. Ive never done that before πŸ‘.

Posted by: moosey_club, March 23, 2021, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
I would sign Andy Mutch straight away , always smashed the goals in for me.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 23, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Meza

Come back when you've done it in the Prem and won 4 cups all in the same season πŸ˜‰ I agree with you though Mezza its all down to the formation, I've played a very aggressive 433 (3 strikers like we are tonight) since Championship Manager 20.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:09pm