Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2021, 7:22pm
Should’ve been done weeks ago but now is the time to accept our fate, furlough hurst and all the players and at least have a war chest for a playoff push in non league next year.
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 1
Totally agree.
Furlough the lot save the money for next season
Posted by: Plankton, March 13, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 2
Honest question: What would happen if we couldn't afford the rest of the season and sent the team on furlough?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 13, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Plankton
Honest question: What would happen if we couldn't afford the rest of the season and sent the team on furlough?

I suspect we could be booted out the league like Macc were
Posted by: realist, March 13, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 4
Just furlough Hurst  - should be enough to change our fortunes
Posted by: Plankton, March 13, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 5

I suspect we could be booted out the league like Macc were

Would it be only one league down? If so, then do it. Force the relegation, save the cost of the players wages and save us some money for the conference.

Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 6
We could furlough pretty much everyone like we did with Ohman. We’ve spent god knows how much in January and got worse. In hindsight we should’ve given it to Moore / Davies / any one already employed and not signed a shot load of new / excrement players.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 13, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 7
It's totally disrespectful to the integrity of the league and a disgraceful suggestion.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 8
It’s a league we won’t be a member of so fuk em
Posted by: moosey_club, March 13, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 9
So when you furlough all the players who is going to play to fulfill the fixtures ?  A fishy 11 ?
Posted by: Yoda, March 13, 2021, 7:54pm; Reply: 10
Play the youth team.

Loads of Conference teams have done it this season.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 13, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 11
You can’t furlough Hurst as I doubt he’s been employed long enough.
Posted by: Plankton, March 13, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GrimRob
It's totally disrespectful to the integrity of the league and a disgraceful suggestion.

I fail to see how a national scheme to keep hold of jobs is barred because it's football?
Posted by: Poojah, March 13, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimRob

It’s also total abuse of a publicly funded scheme designed to combat mass unemployment. That’s not to say that others haven’t abused what is essentially a ‘no questions asked’ initiative, but it still doesn’t make it right.

We’ve already had the benefit of a significant grant in the form of the EFL rescue package - we just spunked it up the wall.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 13, 2021, 8:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Poojah

It’s also total abuse of a publicly funded scheme designed to combat mass unemployment. That’s not to say that others haven’t abused what is essentially a ‘no questions asked’ initiative, but it still doesn’t make it right.

We’ve already had the benefit of a significant grant in the form of the EFL rescue package - we just spunked it up the wall.

A number of businesses I work with have been investigated by the HMRC for making claims when there was no reason to do so.
Posted by: DB, March 13, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GrimRob

Given what's happening in the NL integrity doesn't matter anymore. If it did the FA would do something about it.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 13, 2021, 11:11pm; Reply: 16
I don’t want to be paying for years to come through my taxes for these fu.cking losers . Make them play on and have the ignominy of being the worst players in the history of gtfc.
Posted by: livosnose, March 13, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club
So when you furlough all the players who is going to play to fulfill the fixtures ?  A fishy 11 ?

I’m in , just can’t head it
Posted by: Plankton, March 13, 2021, 11:48pm; Reply: 18
Football and integrity are long gone. It's a business and you do what have to survive, unsavoury, or not. You work within the legislation. You don't hate the player, you hate the game. Money is paramount and I hope the buyers get themselves towards it.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 13, 2021, 11:53pm; Reply: 19
It doesn't sit well with me seeing clubs furlough players and then make signings.
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 8:33pm