Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2021, 12:01am

Had a flyer from N.E.Lincs Council this morning saying no broken glass in the recycling bin.

How do you drop glass in a tall bin without making sure it doesn't break?
Posted by: LH, February 19, 2021, 1:03am; Reply: 1
-Reach in
-Lean it over using the wheels and let it slide down the side
-Line the bottom with plastic bottles first so they bounce off the bottle

-Don’t throw them in?
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, February 19, 2021, 1:11am; Reply: 2
We aren't allowed to put glass in our recycle bins (East Lindsey) it all has to go to the bottle bank.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 19, 2021, 8:06am; Reply: 3
My black and blue bins are still in the garage...
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2021, 8:32am; Reply: 4
Parachutes.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2021, 12:24pm; Reply: 5
We have had recycle bin in Suffolk for years now.

No glass at all allowed in them I have to take them to a bottle bank.

The Danes have the best system they buy a crate of beer and when they return the empties they get money back.
Posted by: DB, February 19, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

The Danes have the best system they buy a crate of beer and when they return the empties they get money back.

I remember doing this as a child, dad's booze empties filled my piggy bank! Unfortunately this all stopped when I was in my late teens when the politicians told us that we now lived in a disposable society and supermarkets took over from off-licence's.
Posted by: DB, February 19, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Had a flyer from N.E.Lincs Council this morning saying no broken glass in the recycling bin.

When I read the thread title I thought NELC had brought out an extra large one off black and white striped bin to be placed outside an address in Humberston Ave !
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from DB

When I read the thread title I thought NELC had brought out an extra large one off black and white striped bin to be placed outside an address in Humberston Ave !

My wife was given one of those GTFC wheelie bin stickers, it's proudly displayed on my bin  :)

Think it was bought from Ticker-T-Boo on Wilton Road.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 19, 2021, 10:58pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

They do that in Finland too. You drop the empties (plastic and glass into a machine, it sorts them, counts them then gives you money. First time I went I was sat in a park with the woman who became my missus and straight after I dropped a bottle in bin an alky dived in and stuck it in his carrier bag with others he’d collected. Very little litter there!

I read an article on Saturday about a woman who’s dog collected cans and bottles when out for a walk. She said he more than makes enough money to feed himself!
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 20, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 10
I’ve stayed in a lot of holiday lets in the south of Italy and you usually have to separate all of your waste and recycling and take it to the local dump yourself.

You need an ID card and various other loopholes to jump through. It’s like getting into Fort Knox and even glass needs splitting by colour and grape variety!

Then you find out the company which deals with the waste has links with organised crime and just dumps all of the waste in the countryside!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 21, 2021, 10:43am; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

More interesting- how do they get it out in one piece and why?

Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 8:43pm