Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Boris Johnson, February 16, 2021, 2:47pm
So if Barrow win they go 5 ahead with a game in hand.......would you rather be Barrow

still think its 2 from 3 with Southend, think Stevenage will get out of it.....
Posted by: mimma, February 16, 2021, 2:53pm; Reply: 1
Stevenage have a tough away game tonight, away at Crawley, Hopefully they lose, and another game in hand goes.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 16, 2021, 4:42pm; Reply: 2
Dont think away at crawley is tough at all. We won there
Posted by: supertown, February 16, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Boris Johnson
So if Barrow win they go 5 ahead with a game in hand.......would you rather be Barrow

still think its 2 from 3 with Southend, think Stevenage will get out of it.....

If they lose , they are catchable next game
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 16, 2021, 5:14pm; Reply: 4
Salford beat Cambridge 4-1 this month. A good omen, I hope.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 16, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Salford beat Cambridge 4-1 this month. A good omen, I hope.

Even when Town are not involved in a game, you cannot rely on the form of teams playing. Whatever it is it goes against the firm as far as we’re concerned.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from mimma
Stevenage have a tough away game tonight, away at Crawley, Hopefully they lose, and another game in hand goes.

Actually we already have a game in hand over them. After tonight we will have two games in hand.

So if they lose we will be 8 points behind with two games in hand.

Not great, given that our wins are as common as rocking horse shite at the moment. But if we do start winning then it's not impossible to catch them if they lose tonight.
Posted by: mimma, February 16, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 7
Cricky, didn't realise that another team has played more games than us. Suppose all the postponement we've had has let teams play their games in hand.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from mimma
Cricky, didn't realise that another team has played more games than us. Suppose all the postponement we've had has let teams play their games in hand.

Barrow have games in hand, so we need them to lose tonight.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 16, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 9
1-0 salford. Get in

Words id never ever thought id say
Posted by: oochiad, February 16, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 10
1-0 salford
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 16, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 11

Exeter down to 10 men after only 9 minutes tonight.

Could work in our favour Saturday, clutching at straws I know.
Posted by: Stew0_0, February 16, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 12
Exeter down to 9 men despite being 1-0 up
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 16, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 13
No Bowman or Hartridge against us on Saturday
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 16, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 14

Crawley 0-1 Stevenage   :-/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 16, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 15
sodomist
Posted by: Hagrid, February 16, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 16
Bra snogging girl privates stevenage
Posted by: Hagrid, February 16, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 17
Crawley miss penalty. We’re cursed
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 16, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 18
Well at least Barrow lost a game in hand.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 16, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hagrid

No just excrement.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 20
Just stop fighting it...accept we are going down based on all known current indicators. Accept it now and if by any miracle we do survive it will be a cheery unexpected bonus.

Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 21
Looks like Stevenage are beyond reach. 11 points ahead. We do have two games in hand, but at the rate they are picking up points it's looking like too big a gulf even if we hit pretty good form.

So realistically t looks very much like two from the bottom three now. Barrow just one game in hand, so we really need to beat them in the rearranged game and then it's game on.
Posted by: Davec, February 16, 2021, 9:17pm; Reply: 22
I think we need to focus more on Southend and Barrow as Stevenage has looked out of our reach for a few weeks now.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2021, 9:17pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

Its not a proper curse.....if it had been it would have been Tilley or Hessentahler who missed it  ;D
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, February 16, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 24
Shed loads of points left to play for
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Davec
I think we need to focus more on Southend and Barrow as Stevenage has looked out of our reach for a few weeks now.

Ourselves first  ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, February 16, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from moosey_club
Just stop fighting it...accept we are going down based on all known current indicators. Accept it now and if by any miracle we do survive it will be a cheery unexpected bonus.

You're right. It's the hope that kills you.

Remember the wins leading up to Burton when all had looked lost. But suddenly there was a glimmer, only to be slammed in our faces.
Posted by: mike_d, February 16, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 27
Bit more hopeful, I think.

Win against Barrow and we go above them and Southend (to win means we'd have a better goal difference than Southend) then equal Southend's results, along with one win more than Barrow over the rest of the season, and we are the best of the three. Not that hard...
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2021, 10:22pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GrimRob

You're right. It's the hope that kills you.

Remember the wins leading up to Burton when all had looked lost. But suddenly there was a glimmer, only to be slammed in our faces.

I clearly dont want us to go down.... but as i am convinced we are then i almost just wish it would be sooner rather than later. The NL situation wont be resolved that quick either, i can see that rumbling on far beyond their vote result , again that could well be another thing dragging the pain out ,  even if we do finish rock bottom and look doomed.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2021, 10:56pm; Reply: 29
There is one thing I'd like to point out, without wishing to give false hope.

Occasionally a team in the bottom third has a disastrous end of season run in. I remember the season after we went down, a Lincoln fan posting here and gloating that after 36 games the Gimps had 46 points and so were safe.  If memory serves they lost 9 of their last ten games and got relegated with 47 points.

So it does happen, and it could happen to any of the teams in the bottom eight. So there is hope that another team might end up in the relegation mix.

The other way of looking at this is to say we need to win 9 games and pick up a couple of draws. With 50 points it is very unlikely that we would go down.

All is not lost yet, but the turnaround needs to happen bloody soon.

Posted by: Eastendmariner, February 16, 2021, 11:13pm; Reply: 30
any one remember when M Lyons was in charge in Div 2 we beat West Brom 3-1 at BP and the headline on Monday was we are pushing up the the league to promotion well we didn't win another game and were  relegated to div 3 86/87. I think  so we got to go for it UTM
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 5:14pm