Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: malkamalka, February 8, 2021, 3:03pm
Is Joel Lynch worth a look?

Central defender, released by Sunderland and a FREE AGENT.

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 8, 2021, 3:07pm; Reply: 1
Used to be a good player at Championship level.
No recent info tho.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 8, 2021, 3:13pm; Reply: 2
Used to be a good player at Championship level.
No recent info tho.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 8, 2021, 3:15pm; Reply: 3
I believe he's already back training with Bolton, not sure if it's just for fitness or to prove himself.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 8, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 4
What is a “ Free Agent”?

Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 8, 2021, 3:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
What is a “ Free Agent”?

One better than a double agent :)
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 8, 2021, 3:47pm; Reply: 6
He's 33 and has had a few injuries of late. But despite signing ten players in the window, the one position where we are incredibly weak is centre back IMO. Pollock has a lot of pressure on his young shoulders and his form has dipped.

Waterfall may be a leader, and we have precious few of those from what I can see, but he is a disaster waiting to happen and they do happen almost every game. Pollock and Waterfall are very similar players, perhaps Pollock has improvement in him but at the moment that pairing is a liability and has proved so time and time again.

I can't imagine Lynch will add too much pace at 33, but we could do with a bit of class in there and if he can organise even better.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 8, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from fishboyUTM
He's 33 and has had a few injuries of late. But despite signing ten players in the window, the one position where we are incredibly weak is centre back IMO. Pollock has a lot of pressure on his young shoulders and his form has dipped.

Waterfall may be a leader, and we have precious few of those from what I can see, but he is a disaster waiting to happen and they do happen almost every game. Pollock and Waterfall are very similar players, perhaps Pollock has improvement in him but at the moment that pairing is a liability and has proved so time and time again.

I can't imagine Lynch will add too much pace at 33, but we could do with a bit of class in there and if he can organise even better.

Chris Nicholl wasn't too shabby when he played for us and he was in his late thirties   ;)

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 8, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 8
We desperately need another Danny Collins
Posted by: RonMariner, February 8, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Chris Nicholl wasn't too shabby when he played for us and he was in his late thirties   ;)

The great Paul Futcher wasn't too bad at that age either.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 8, 2021, 8:03pm; Reply: 10
Both read the game very well so didn’t need pace.
Posted by: denni266, February 8, 2021, 9:05pm; Reply: 11
To look back at some of the great players we had in the past .. Futch, Birtles . Whymark. Allen etc   the list can go on
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 8, 2021, 9:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from denni266
To look back at some of the great players we had in the past .. Futch, Birtles . Whymark. Allen etc   the list can go on

And don't forget Neil Webb, well maybe you might do forgetting he played for town of I'm honest, more timber than the Amazon rain forest!
Posted by: RonMariner, February 8, 2021, 9:38pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Both read the game very well so didn’t need pace.

The first yard is in the mind.

As someone once said, Bobby Moore wasn't very quick, but he never got done for pace.
Posted by: malkamalka, February 8, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I believe he's already back training with Bolton, not sure if it's just for fitness or to prove himself.

He was but they didn't offer him a deal.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 9, 2021, 2:17am; Reply: 15
Quoted from RonMariner

The first yard is in the mind.

As someone once said, Bobby Moore wasn't very quick, but he never got done for pace.

Odd and sad how Futch, Nicol and Moore all died young. Though I suppose less odd in Nicol's case because he was such a great header of the ball.
Posted by: Nutsy, February 9, 2021, 8:24am; Reply: 16
Menayese seems to have a little pace about him, so couple these two together?
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 9, 2021, 8:35am; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Odd and sad how Futch, Nicol and Moore all died young. Though I suppose less odd in Nicol's case because he was such a great header of the ball.

I know Nicholl isn't a well man but I think he's still with us KM.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 9, 2021, 8:53am; Reply: 18
Quoted from denni266

But for every great one, you get an absolute tw@t like beagrie
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 9, 2021, 11:43am; Reply: 19
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I didn't like him. But I'm not sure why. He was a Scunt which is probably a big reason, but it wasn't his fault some clown signed him when he should have been drawing his pension. He was 40 wasn't he? A ridiculous age, especially for an outfield player.

What did he do to annoy so many?
Posted by: psgmariner, February 9, 2021, 11:57am; Reply: 20
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I didn't like him. But I'm not sure why. He was a Scunt which is probably a big reason, but it wasn't his fault some clown signed him when he should have been drawing his pension. He was 40 wasn't he? A ridiculous age, especially for an outfield player.

Gave away a stupid penalty showboating in our area plus an all round wrong un

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-40953098
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 21
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Nothing, literally.

Was like playing with ten men.
Posted by: Nutsy, February 9, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 22
TBF as 'experienced defenders' go, Nathan Clarke has to be up there as one of the worst... the absolute opposite of Danny Collins
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 9, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from psgmariner

At 1-1 as well and then proceeded to trudge off at snail's pace when he got subbed off with us 3-1 down. He was also ridiculously anti-Town on almost every single TV appearance I saw him do. Would like to extend my gratitude to his missus for taking one for the team and ensuring that orange faced twit was taken off the telly.

Up there with Challinor, Gunning, Bishop and Danny Wright in the top tier of girl privates we've had the displeasure of watching this side of the millennium.
Posted by: tashee69, February 9, 2021, 2:01pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from psgmariner

Also, when interviewed on radio, he used to occasionally have a comment to make, always remember the comment about at least Scunthorpe don’t have to take their team talks on the football pitch.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 9, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I remember seeing the fat fecker at BP one afternoon, he didn't move more than 10 yards either side of the centre line.  Everyone was shouting, "Get Beagrie off".

Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 9:42am