Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, February 2, 2021, 7:38pm
Jake Eastwood's welcome video is on I follow and right at the start Macca shoves his face in the camera and says "James Mckeown Grimsby town and apparently I can't save a shot"

What was that all about? Is he throwing a strop because Eastwood has signed. He threw a strop when Henderson started playing games
Posted by: Meza, February 2, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 1
i think its a bit of fun Davec, i think even Macca can honestly say he has had an indifferent season and PH is correct in taking him out the firing line. He has had a lot of pressure on his shoulders.  Being captain, time at the club etc.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 2, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 2

Looked like it was just a bit of fun and banter to me, nothing more.
Posted by: thefish, February 2, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Davec
Jake Eastwood's welcome video is on I follow and right at the start Macca shoves his face in the camera and says "James Mckeown Grimsby town and apparently I can't save a shot"

What was that all about? Is he throwing a strop because Eastwood has signed. He threw a strop when Henderson started playing games

Humour is his way of keeping sane when he’s frustrated with his performances and the potential of being number 2?

All this ‘He threw a strop’ rubbish makes it sound like the bloke was throwing a tantrum. I haven’t seen any footage of him stomping around/ acting up etc.

All he did was ask for the chance to move to a different club so he could play football.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 2, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 4
No Aaron. He’s probably seen a few of the personal comments on twitter and FB  people do post some nonsense when they’re angry, Maccas been poor, no doubt, but he’s just having a bit of banter
Posted by: Stadium, February 2, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 5
Banter.
The proof will come if he forces himself into first team selection & McKeown's reaction.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 2, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Davec

The irony is no one has said he cant stop a shot....... command his box , collect crosses maybe....but never doubted his shot stopping  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 7
Banter. He said other stuff too, but you outlined that one comment.
Posted by: oochiad, February 2, 2021, 8:29pm; Reply: 8
I think it’s a little strange. I can’t think of a welcome video of a player where another player has stuck there face into the camera ever happening before. He’s obviously feeling the pressure to have done that......
Posted by: Kris2, February 2, 2021, 8:54pm; Reply: 9
Macca just asserting his dominance by starting the interview over Eastwood. Letting you know that if you think he's being dropped on Saturday then you're in for a surprise.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 2, 2021, 10:26pm; Reply: 10
Glad he thinks its funny coz I flipping don't.
Posted by: paulgtfc, February 2, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 11
Looking forward to Part 2 - Macca explains his knack of saving penalties.

Then Part 3 - Macca demonstrates how to score in a penalty shootout.

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 3, 2021, 7:26am; Reply: 12
Pretty pathetic from Macca, he needs to grow up and act a little more professionally.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2021, 7:45am; Reply: 13
Quoted from 123614
Pretty pathetic from Macca, he needs to grow up and act a little more professionally.

Maybe a more professional media department would have edited it so the Captain could still look like a Captain.

I don’t think it’s that big a deal in reality but like many of us I do believe Macca hasn’t been pushed and if someone half decent comes in to do that the he may not like it but it’s a good thing.
Posted by: Dan, February 3, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 14
I mean it’s not like he barged into the interview, it’s been edited in for some reason.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 3, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Dan
I mean it’s not like he barged into the interview, it’s been edited in for some reason.

Another PR masterclass. Tossers.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 3, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 16
Jesus, this is all a bit 'OTT' isn't it?

Light hearted banter.

IMO, shows morale is good, the relationship is positive between players & managers.

Chill out
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 3, 2021, 10:26am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Davec

He doesn't say "apparently", when I read that I thought it might come across as a dig at the fans but having watched it there's nothing to see really. Not throwing a strop in my opinion.

"James McKeown, can't save a shot. Still the quickest goalie at the club. Still got the most personality at the club." is what he says for those that haven't seen it.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 3, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 18
He wants to keep his mouth shut and focus on why we’ve had to bring a replacement in . Remember Carlisle mate ?!
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, February 3, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 19
That video is a bit embarrassing really. I just don’t get why Macca felt the need to do that, and neither do I understand why the PR department felt it was needed or relevant.

There’s no comedy or banter to it at all.

This young goalkeeper won’t have had any PR features like that before, so early in his career. I hope it doesn’t cheese him off or put him off wanting to be at Town.

I didn’t see Matt Green being spliced into the start of the Payne or LJL video interviews did you?

No need and totally unprofessional on the part of the PR editor for this one.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 3, 2021, 10:49am; Reply: 20
Hmm...

I think it's one of those things were if things were going well, we would all laugh and say how good the spirit seems in the dressing room.

But things aren't going well and McKeown is having a stinker of a season.   One of those where he probably should have just kept quiet all round, gives his critics more ammunition to fire at him.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 3, 2021, 11:03am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
That video is a bit embarrassing really. I just don’t get why Macca felt the need to do that, and neither do I understand why the PR department felt it was needed or relevant.

There’s no comedy or banter to it at all.

This young goalkeeper won’t have had any PR features like that before, so early in his career. I hope it doesn’t cheese him off or put him off wanting to be at Town.

I didn’t see Matt Green being spliced into the start of the Payne or LJL video interviews did you?

No need and totally unprofessional on the part of the PR editor for this one.

The bit in bold. No need for it at all - we're in a relegation scrap not a James McKeown self promotion campaign.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 3, 2021, 11:25am; Reply: 22
Just plain silly from Macca I bet he would love it if he had gone on loan to another club and their keeper did that to him.
Posted by: SomeSanity, February 3, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The bit in bold. No need for it at all - we're in a relegation scrap not a James McKeown self promotion campaign.

It has nothing to do with JM.  He didn't edit the video and certainly didn't post it. Another prime example of shite people doing PR. Nothing that comes out of this club is aesthetically pleasing and boarder on cringe. Straight out the Dale Ladson interview playbook.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 3, 2021, 11:38am; Reply: 24
But before we go all in on Dale....

What PR training has he had?
When has he ever been given the belief that it's ok to edit out something like that?
When has anyone ever said 'Dale, we trust you to use your initiative on stuff like this'?

It's not shite people.  It's a shite system.  We've given good people crap resources and crap structures to adhere to.  I can pretty much guarantee that any opportunity to act on your own initiative is shot down because there's a culture of micro-management at play and has been for the last 20 or so years.  
Posted by: oochiad, February 3, 2021, 11:40am; Reply: 25
It has everything to do with JM ffs, he did it and shouldn't as under the circumstances he's treading a thin line with his many mistakes......It gets worse every time I see it, what on earth was he thinking......
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 3, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 26
I didn't get what the joke was, what the point of the start of the video was, or why it was needed at this time.  Was it just an editing issue?  Not sure why we couldn't just have a video introducing the new signing.
Posted by: immariner, February 3, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from oochiad
It has everything to do with JM ffs, he did it and shouldn't as under the circumstances he's treading a thin line with his many mistakes......It gets worse every time I see it, what on earth was he thinking......

He was having a laugh with whoever was in the room at the time, as awkward as it was. Doubt he thought for a second it would end up in the video. Whoever edited it thought it would be amusing, bit of self deprecating humour, who doesn't like that? Not sure they judged it right. We move on.
Posted by: DB, February 3, 2021, 12:18pm; Reply: 28
Didn't have my hearing aids in. Did Macca say 'played like sh.ite all season so soon to be ex first team keeper, ex captain'
Posted by: SomeSanity, February 3, 2021, 12:20pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from oochiad

He shouldn't have said it, I totally agree but should it have made the final cut? Sure as hell not. That lies with the editor.

In reference to the question what training has he had. If the answer is non he shouldn't be our PR Manager simple.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 3, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from SomeSanity

It has nothing to do with JM.  He didn't edit the video and certainly didn't post it. Another prime example of shite people doing PR. Nothing that comes out of this club is aesthetically pleasing and boarder on cringe. Straight out the Dale Ladson interview playbook.

It has everything to do with him. He's the club captain and has been first choice keeper nearly since the day he walked through the door. I'm not saying he hasn't been a great servant but this is buck stupid - both by him and whoever put it together.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, February 3, 2021, 1:11pm; Reply: 31
Who cares what he says, people seem to want to get offended or bothered about anything at the moment.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 3, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 32
As if people are sat fretting about this. Bigger issues surely. He’ll be in the team or he won’t.
I thought the new lad might be here as cover but hearing him say he had 7 clean sheets in 11 games under Hurst might mean otherwise.
Let’s not make a big deal out of absolutely nothing though.
Posted by: oochiad, February 3, 2021, 2:10pm; Reply: 33
I’m not fretting about it but in context of our club captain behaving like this sums us up to be honest.......
Posted by: willows fc, February 3, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 34
Maybe he’s just having a laugh at training an not expecting it to actually make it out to be viewed by the fans. I’d be surprised if he’s dropped on Saturday tbh. Not saying he wouldn’t deserve it but I think we owe him a little more gratitude. He’s been a great servant for the club an hopefully with the new lad pushing him he will find his top form... if not then the new lad will get his chance an make his claim on the No1 spot.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 3, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 35
Honestly I don't think it's got anything to do with gratitude, I mean I'm a big fan of his ability, but he needs dropping, he's totally out of form.

The new guy will have come in to play and given that Hurst gave him so many starts while on loan with him previously I expect and hope he goes straight into the line up.

Places are  there to be won and lost. Macca has done enough to lose his at the moment.
Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, February 3, 2021, 6:57pm; Reply: 36
Seen james mac jogging tonight he said if anyone's got a problem he'll have a one on one after training on Bradley pitches he will leather you in his goalie gloves on
Posted by: The Yard Dog, February 3, 2021, 9:14pm; Reply: 37
Spatted his dummy out when Henderson came here, and he will again when dropped again.

We need a goalkeeper, not a shot stopper.

Pep dropped England's number one, Hurst needs to drop Town's number one.

Tough decision, but needs doing.

UTM
Posted by: joe56, February 3, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 38
I really don’t get some of the comments on this and other threads. We’ve been on a terrible run. Most supporters (including the majority here on The Fishy) have been calling for loads of new signings during the transfer window. After a slow start,  Paul Hurst has delivered what is virtually a new team of players who, without exception, have good credentials. And guess what? Fishy posters are arguing that a number of them should simply provide cover for players who have been struggling for weeks.  I should have thought that all, or most, would go straight into the starting eleven. We simply haven’t got time to be easing them in over 3 or 4 games via the bench. I’m sure that if any are carrying injuries that preclude them from hitting the ground running, Paul wouldn’t have signed them in the first place.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 3, 2021, 11:30pm; Reply: 39
as an amateur actor, I say "Much Ado about Nothing"
Posted by: Mayaman, February 4, 2021, 3:44am; Reply: 40
I thought he shoved his face in the actual interview.  Not even in the same place so it's the media team making a joke - a crap one at that.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2021, 8:03am; Reply: 41
Seen james mac jogging tonight he said if anyone's got a problem he'll have a one on one after training on Bradley pitches he will leather you in his goalie gloves on

Didn’t the Dear Leader himself offer to go toe-to-toe with anyone ahead of the fans’ forum?
Posted by: aldi_01, February 4, 2021, 8:17am; Reply: 42
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Didn’t the Dear Leader himself offer to go toe-to-toe with anyone ahead of the fans’ forum?

Did he confirm if he’d be doing it with a shirt on or off?
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 4:23am