Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, February 2, 2021, 9:12am
Free agent, in Training today. Suspect he is the late move we made, Previously Rotherham
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 2, 2021, 9:36am; Reply: 1
How do you know? Training won't start for another 30 mins to an hour. Just interested.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, February 2, 2021, 9:39am; Reply: 2
https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,flair-and-frustration-julien-lamys-year-with-rotherham-united_36380.htm

Posted by: Hagrid, February 2, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 3
How do you know? Training won't start for another 30 mins to an hour. Just interested.

He’s at the Oaklands, booked in last night
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2021, 10:15am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid
Free agent, in Training today. Suspect he is the late move we made, Previously Rotherham

Not if he's a free agent. Can be signed any time if so.

The late move would have been for somebody that needed to be transferred.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 2, 2021, 10:25am; Reply: 5
I hope that Hurst has been brushing up on his French.

From the link to the lengthy report on the Rotherham site, he seems to be broadly similar to Dembele. (Plenty of skill and tricks, but not keen to work hard).
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 2, 2021, 10:29am; Reply: 6
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Really interesting read that, thanks.

Warne clearly thinks a lot of him so fair to say he's asked his best mate to have a look at him.   Doesn't really seem a Paul Hurst type player but who knows...
Posted by: acko338, February 2, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 7
This reminds me of the mass furore over Ryan Burge and his promotional video that had everyone clamouring for us to sign him.

All of the newbies look to have graft and ambition to move us the table.

Do we need a prima donna with skills that flash occasionally but isn't a solid proven team player, or do we need a midfield key to.unlock defences and hope for good end product?

By the way, what is the French translation for "us'll"?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 2, 2021, 11:10am; Reply: 8
This one seems to be a bit of a risk.  According to Rotheram he doesn't work hard enough off the ball, and I believe that is one attribute that PH demands from his players.
Posted by: pizzzza, February 2, 2021, 11:23am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 123614
This one seems to be a bit of a risk.  According to Rotheram he doesn't work hard enough off the ball, and I believe that is one attribute that PH demands from his players.

Not sure why it is risk at all to simply have a look at someone in training?
Posted by: stuart brace was king, February 2, 2021, 11:27am; Reply: 10
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Cracking read
Puts the GET to shame!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 2, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 11
Quoted from pizzzza

Not sure why it is risk at all to simply have a look at someone in training?

The point I am trying to make is that it is well known tat PH does not want players that don't track back, so why would he want to look at him in training, knowing that he is lazy in that regard?

Posted by: rancido, February 2, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 12

Cracking read
Puts the GET to shame!

The Beano and Dandy put the GET to shame!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 2, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 13
To be fair to the GET, it’s got better recently. At least in respect of Town (I hardly read anything else in it). Thanks to the campaigning efforts of James Findlater.
Posted by: Sandford1981, February 2, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 123614

The point I am trying to make is that it is well known tat PH does not want players that don't track back, so why would he want to look at him in training, knowing that he is lazy in that regard?

It’s like women who continually gamble on ‘bad boy’ alpha males despite warning signs its not going to work. It’s the allure of being the one that tames them that is attractive. Hursts ego may think he can succeed where Warne did not perhaps!
Posted by: lee65, February 2, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 15
"garder nous forme"...…, (keep us shape)  ;)
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 2, 2021, 6:40pm; Reply: 16
Sounds like the type who might be useful as a wildcard sub when on top but struggling to break a team down
Posted by: Croxton, February 2, 2021, 6:53pm; Reply: 17
When he sees the seagulls at BP and the trawlers on the badge.............

https://me.me/i/when-the-seagulls-follow-the-trawler-it-is-because-they-15224424
Posted by: moosey_club, February 2, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 18
Hardly a glowing report from Rotherham there so wont hold my breath....sounds almost the same as Edwards who was pretty much the first out the door when Hurst arrived.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 2, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 19
Maybe put him on a week to week contract to see what he can do?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 2, 2021, 10:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Sandford1981

It’s like women who continually gamble on ‘bad boy’ alpha males despite warning signs its not going to work. It’s the allure of being the one that tames them that is attractive. Hursts ego may think he can succeed where Warne did not perhaps!

Hurst is a percentages manager. No work, no play.

Posted by: Posh Harry, February 3, 2021, 9:03am; Reply: 21
Quoted from moosey_club
Hardly a glowing report from Rotherham there so wont hold my breath....sounds almost the same as Edwards who was pretty much the first out the door when Hurst arrived.

Bristol city had an injury crises and recalled him. Morton was no loss but I believe hurst said it was a shame to lose edwards.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 3, 2021, 9:06am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Posh Harry

Bristol city had an injury crises and recalled him. Morton was no loss but I believe hurst said it was a shame to lose edwards.

Did he? Couldn’t have been that much of a shame as Hurst hasn’t brought in a similar type of player has he?
Posted by: malkamalka, February 3, 2021, 9:34am; Reply: 23
Can't see any more additions if Hurst can't shift some out.

One option might be to get a few loanees crocked in training and send them back.

Not ethical, but having seen the antics of Craig Pawson, John Moss and Mike Dean last night, there is no spirit or ethics left in our game.

It's survival of the strongest - whatever the entails!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 4, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 24
Should be sorted out within the next few days, decision unlikely before the Newport game.

[tweet]1357361733300588545[/tweet]
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 4, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Should be sorted out within the next few days, decision unlikely before the Newport game.

[tweet]1357361733300588545[/tweet]

Whenever I watch Paul speak I think, son-in-law material but you could trust him with the kitty in a Prague erotic klub. He’d be there, taking it all in, his morals precluding any actual action on his account. He’d just have a word on the flight home. “Gary. I won’t tell Heather. But don’t do it again!”. All understated menace. I’m glad to have him back. Unlike Heather. She’s riddled with Gary’s misdemeanours
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 4, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 26

Whenever I watch Paul speak I think, son-in-law material but you could trust him with the kitty in a Prague erotic klub. He’d be there, taking it all in, his morals precluding any actual action on his account. He’d just have a word on the flight home. “Gary. I won’t tell Heather. But don’t do it again!”. All understated menace. I’m glad to have him back. Unlike Heather. She’s riddled with Gary’s misdemeanours

Dude! What do you smoke? I will never be able to look at Hursty again without thinking about him watching the kitty but not touching...
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 4, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 27

Dude! What do you smoke?

Fentanyl
Posted by: Hagrid, February 5, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 28
With the team at the hotel. Assume he must be signed
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 5, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Hagrid
With the team at the hotel. Assume he must be signed

Might have misheard Hurst in his interview but recollect he did say they were taking him on this trip as part of getting to know the group, which would suggest he has not signed as yet.
Posted by: Mariner_501, February 5, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 30

If this doesn’t win post of the week with the new star system then what’s the point tbh
Posted by: Hagrid, February 6, 2021, 1:25pm; Reply: 31
Matt dean suggesting he’s signed
Posted by: moosey_club, February 6, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 32
If we hadnt signed him he effectively would be a member of the public and surely we couldn't take him with us on a coach and in a hotel with the covid situation ?

Especially if we have a suspended sentence hanging over us for a previous misdemeanor........
Posted by: Hagrid, February 6, 2021, 1:50pm; Reply: 33
Signed. Confirmed
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 6, 2021, 1:57pm; Reply: 34

Welcome to GTFC Julien

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/lamy-signs-until-end-of-the-season/
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 6, 2021, 2:01pm; Reply: 35
Happy with that... From his footage he seems to have the two things defenders fear most, pace and trickery!

Well done Hursty!
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 6, 2021, 2:02pm; Reply: 36
On the bench today.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 6, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 37
Number 42!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 6, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Number 42!

So he is the answer to life, the universe and everything.
Posted by: Sandford1981, February 6, 2021, 2:51pm; Reply: 39

Hurst is a percentages manager. No work, no play.

Seems as though he thinks he can get a tune from him Ron!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 40

Should have given the No 42 to Adams.
Posted by: Teestogreen, February 6, 2021, 6:00pm; Reply: 41
My idea was to keep them both on and stretch the 10 - with the hope a striker on the pitch may be able to score!
Hitchhikers and galaxies maybe on the M4 takeaway services
Posted by: denni266, February 7, 2021, 12:33am; Reply: 42

I thought that was 9  ;)
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:59am