Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, February 1, 2021, 1:40pm
Edit: The Tweet's now been deleted?

[tweet]1356235217560870913[/tweet]
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 1, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 1
Not a great loss, but leaves us light at left back especially with Habergham's injury history. Can only assume Hurst has someone coming in.
Posted by: davmariner, February 1, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 2
Thank god. Hendrie can cover there if needed.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, February 1, 2021, 1:49pm; Reply: 3
Plenty of cover at full back with Hewitt and Hendrie able to do both, Clifton and Wright able to play both aswell. Heard this new winger can also play either side so probably not an issue. One of the worst players i've seen play for Town, still don't know what he offered
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 1, 2021, 1:51pm; Reply: 4
Another example of how we mis-managed someone this season.

Looked absolutely fine in the early games but over played and badly exposed by having no protection in front of him for the vast majority of games and then a relatively inexperienced defender next to him (either Pollock or Idehen).  

Good player in there, as evidenced by his early displays.  We just managed to grind him down, both physically and I suspect his confidence.  
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 1, 2021, 1:51pm; Reply: 5
In an ideal world I imagine Hurst would have kept him, but with limited loan players and greater need in other positions it makes sense to send him back.

That leaves 1 of Ollie 7 loan players.
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 1, 2021, 1:52pm; Reply: 6
Not sure I agree that three full backs (two of which can only play on one side and one of them who is also a CM) for two spots is plenty of cover. I suppose we've got Joe Hope if needs be, but it doesn't seem like he's ready for first team football yet.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 1, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 7
Absolute sh.ite . Never a league player
Posted by: immariner, February 1, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Son of Cod
Not a great loss, but leaves us light at left back especially with Habergham's injury history. Can only assume Hurst has someone coming in.

Forest had a recall clause for this transfwr window so could be a last minute decision by them if they've let a left back go or had an injury. I would think though that it'll be because Hurst wants to make room for other loanees.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, February 1, 2021, 1:55pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Son of Cod
Not sure I agree that three full backs (two of which can only play on one side and one of them who is also a CM) for two spots is plenty of cover. I suppose we've got Joe Hope if needs be, but it doesn't seem like he's ready for first team football yet.

Hewitt is a right back that played centre midfield not the other way around, heard Aaron Lewis is a potential target aswell but a few clubs interested

Posted by: pontoonlew, February 1, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 10
He got very lucky in the sense he was our only option at LB so got away with being shite for longer than the others.

Wish him well but he summed up Holloways lazy recruitment, never seen him play and if he had, would've quickly realised he wasn't capable of playing league football now, or anytime soon.
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 1, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Hewitt is a right back that played centre midfield not the other way around, heard Aaron Lewis is a potential target aswell but a few clubs interested

I know he was initially a RB, but he mainly played as a CM for Notts County for a few seasons before coming here too. Majority of his appearances over the last 3/4 years are in midfield. Even then though, you still want four full backs for the two spots ideally. Especially if one of them hasn't got any knee cartilage left and had barely kicked a ball for a year and a half before a few months ago.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, February 1, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

I know he was initially a RB, but he mainly played as a CM for Notts County for a few seasons before coming here too. Majority of his appearances over the last 3/4 years are in midfield. Even then though, you still want four full backs for the two spots ideally. Especially if one of them hasn't got any knee cartilage left and had barely kicked a ball for a year and a half before a few months ago.

Then again, we've got Ben Davies still signed  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 1, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Bet Dave Moore could do a job at LB too..
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 1, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 14
If we can’t use Joe Hope as a backup - does that mean no Hope, or no hope?
Posted by: JMT, February 1, 2021, 2:08pm; Reply: 15
The tweet has now been deleted weirdly?
Posted by: Davec, February 1, 2021, 2:10pm; Reply: 16
Surely this means another left back is signing? I can't imagine Hurst would go with one left back.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 1, 2021, 2:10pm; Reply: 17
Started brightly and will have a good league career. Burnt out by the excess of games and what was in front of him.

Be amazed if we are not signing another left back today as Habergham is now our only one. He’s really struggled since he’s come in, hasn’t had a good game, offers nothing going forward and has been caught out regularly. Hopefully he improves as he’s missed a load of football.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, February 1, 2021, 2:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

if only Holloway had bothered to look......
Posted by: golfer, February 1, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Son of Cod

Hope played well when i saw him at start of season
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 1, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 20
Would rather have him than Hewitt but still not too bothered.

I think he has potential but needs to work on alot.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 1, 2021, 2:27pm; Reply: 21
He looked decent going forward in the first few games but his defensive positioning was poor.  He wasn't helped by having the likes of Bennett playing in front of him who was always prone to a sloppy pass.  He needs a solid, experienced winger in front of him who could cover for his runs and an experienced left centre back who could tell him when he was out of position.  He might go on to be a good player but the situation we were in was too much for him.
Posted by: wigworld, February 1, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from JMT
The tweet has now been deleted weirdly?

Who tweeted it? Club or player?
Posted by: JMT, February 1, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from wigworld

Who tweeted it? Club or player?

The player mate.
Posted by: Sandford1981, February 1, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 24
I’d not be so quick to write this young lad off as he’s only 20 and there are mitigating factors to consider.
I think there is a good footballer in there and he looked really promising early doors. In fact I remember thinking we’ve got a really good prospect here again.
Sadly it seemed we dragged him down the worse we got. Hardly a surprise with a young lad just starting out and the circus that surrounded the first team, especially when you considered the same has happened with what you would call ‘seasoned pros’.
Good luck to him.
Posted by: oochiad, February 1, 2021, 3:47pm; Reply: 25
Good luck to the lad. Started off ok but no where near strong enough far a relegation scrap. Easily pushed off the ball....
Posted by: fishcake63, February 1, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 26
The lad lost his confidence down to holloway , been pretty weak all season down that side , i think he will go on to prove us wrong , good luck danny sorry it didn't work for you but never gave less than 100%
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 1, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Interesting comment, seeing as he is on the books of a Championship side.

Posted by: Abdul19, February 1, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 28
Books of but never near the teamsheet of.
Posted by: TAGG, February 1, 2021, 6:12pm; Reply: 29
Good luck to the lad.
Started well but gone down the pan like all the others.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 1, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Haven't we sold him to Liverpool for £2m?
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:51am