Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, January 17, 2021, 1:11pm
Lisa Piggott commented on Facebook yesterday that changes in training facilities are imminent.
Anyone know what's involved ? Have i missed something?
Posted by: MNH1972, January 17, 2021, 1:13pm; Reply: 1
You can’t have enough portacabins
Posted by: ska face, January 17, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 2
Changing the flights
Posted by: denni266, January 17, 2021, 1:36pm; Reply: 3
players  have been given hearing aids   ;D
Posted by: Davec, January 17, 2021, 1:37pm; Reply: 4
Below is copy and paste of the post.

I know how fed up we all are.  Watching footy in the TV is not the same as being out in the freezing , wet cold sat in the Youngs Lower getting soaking wet through watching our beloved team.  But today we Desperately need 3 Points I don’t care how we get them.  So Positive thoughts and posts till kick-off (and a few prayers).  With a manager we trust,potential new owners looking around BP and traning facilities changes are imminent.  Stay positive, stay safe UTM ⚽️❤️⚽️❤️

I didn't take it as changes in training facilities I read it as she was just mentioning that the new owners looked around the BP and the training ground and changes in general are imminent, not that training facilities changes are imminent.

We do seriously need to revamp our training facilities however and potentially look at an out of town training ground.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 17, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Davec

I know how fed up we all are.  Watching footy in the TV is not the same as being out in the freezing , wet cold sat in the Youngs Lower getting soaking wet through watching our beloved team.  But today we Desperately need 3 Points I don’t care how we get them.  So Positive thoughts and posts till kick-off (and a few prayers).  With a manager we trust,potential new owners looking around BP and traning facilities changes are imminent.  Stay positive, stay safe UTM ⚽️❤️⚽️❤️

I didn't take it as changes in training facilities I read it as she was just mentioning that the new owners looked around the BP and the training ground and changes in general are imminent, not that training facilities changes are imminent.

We do seriously need to revamp our training facilities however and potentially look at an out of town training ground.

When you look at what the players walk into every day I wonder if they feel like “professional” footballers having to work with such poor facilities.

Regardless of where the training ground is players will travel/relocate for decent facilities, a fair length contract that reflects their value and to play for a half decent team. All of which we’ve fallen short on.

You will get a much better house for your money versus most of the UK too.

That said geographically have a facility up the A180 may help attract more talent.
Posted by: oochiad, January 17, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 6
I don’t like the phrase ‘potential new owners’. It makes me nervous
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 17, 2021, 2:35pm; Reply: 7
Maybe we are actually going to be doing some training?
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 17, 2021, 2:39pm; Reply: 8
Reposition of the dart board.
Posted by: StaffsMariner, January 17, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 9
More cones is the latest rumour
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 17, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Gaffer58
Reposition of the dart board.

On to a 6ft x 6ft chipboard wall protector for when our strikers are at the oche.  

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 17, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 11
There is a mystery man offering to buy a million pound worth of shares to provide new training ground in return for free ticket to watch games for life ( or being deported ) whichever comes first.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 17, 2021, 3:05pm; Reply: 12
Back to training on the beach then.................... ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Iknowyoursecret, January 17, 2021, 3:07pm; Reply: 13
The way I also read Lisa’s post is that changes are imminent at the club as a whole. BUT cheapside is a disgrace after the promotion didn’t one of the fenty Bros sorted out the cabins They were fitted with a new shower block BUT after a dozen showers it runs cold unable to use.Reading on somewhere on here someone a few weeks ago said that another one of jfs companies installed the system
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 17, 2021, 3:10pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Back to training on the beach then.................... ;D ;D ;D

Spent many a happy hour on the beach playing footy.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2021, 4:45pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from oochiad
I don’t like the phrase ‘potential new owners’. It makes me nervous

The current owner makes me more nervous
Posted by: golfer, January 17, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano
Lisa Piggott commented on Facebook yesterday that changes in training facilities are imminent.
Anyone know what's involved ? Have i missed something?

I don't see why we can't train on B.P. in the summer and grow potatoes on it in the winter
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from golfer

I don't see why we can't train on B.P. in the summer and grow potatoes on it in the winter

I think we have...there were a few potatoes visible yesterday
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 17, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from golfer

Get your jacket
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Davec

With a manager we trust,potential new owners looking around BP and training facilities changes are imminent.  

A simple comma after the word facilities would make all the difference.

Posted by: forza ivano, January 17, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

aaah - think you've answered the query Les
Posted by: golfer, January 17, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

Gess you went to the same Skule as  I
Posted by: Simon, January 17, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 22
I'm amazed we don't utilise the facilities at Bradley
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 17, 2021, 11:05pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Simon
I'm amazed we don't utilise the facilities at Bradley

That's where they trained prior to the Sarfend match.

I know it's only slightly more easy to get to than Cheapside but I thought when Lucarlys closed, it would be the perfect site for training facilities. Many spaceous changing rooms, the field large enough for 3 pitches, room for fitness and keep fit, and other facilities where they could reap some sort of income from it with a bar and rooms for use by the public, the same as the original use of Lucarlys
Posted by: Simon, January 18, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 24

That's where they trained prior to the Sarfend match.

I know it's only slightly more easy to get to than Cheapside but I thought when Lucarlys closed, it would be the perfect site for training facilities. Many spaceous changing rooms, the field large enough for 3 pitches, room for fitness and keep fit, and other facilities where they could reap some sort of income from it with a bar and rooms for use by the public, the same as the original use of Lucarlys

From what i understand Gibney still owns it and is looking to put houses on there
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:41am